“GREAT BUSINESS HOTEL”

Ranked #35 of 323 Hotels in Sao Paulo
Sao Paulo, SP
“GREAT BUSINESS HOTEL”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2013

Located in the heart of Avenida Paulista area, the hotel is totally focused on those who are making business in Latin America's biggest economy. Great and fast service, full meeting and communication facilities and wonderful view of SP skyscrapers.
I wouldn't recommend this hotel for tourism, but it's certainly a safe pick for businessmen staying a couple of days in SP and seeking a good value for money.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Thank Oriovaldo Anton... T
MARCOS C, General Manager at Golden Tulip Paulista Plaza, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Thank you for your evaluation concerning our hotel and services. The staff are really happy and motivated, and for that reason, we will be always ready to provide the highest level of satisfaction to all of your guests.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013

Taking the taxi from the airport depending on time and day can take between 40 mins to 2 hours and a set cost from the airport 130 local money
The hotel is set back on the next road of Avenida Paulista which hosts banks, shopping mails and resturants.
The enterence to the hotel is good and reception attentive.
The rooms are a resonable size with small but adiquate bathroom. The decor was fair but not exceptional a good fridge in the room and the bed was good eventhough a little hard for me.
The downside was the noise from the building work opposite it was better not to open the window but it was still loud from early morning to late night.
There were 6 lifts of which only 2 maybe 3 were operational
The breakfast was first class and the staff were quiet helpful.
The Gym was good but old equipement but opened at 6.
The weekend rate was very good value but doubled the cost Monday to Friday
The question would I stay there again...... yes as the location was good and the metro very close but the hotel very average.

Room Tip: Any room on the back of the hotel
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Marc B, Gerente geral at Golden Tulip Paulista Plaza, responded to this review, 27 July 2016
Dear Guest,
First of all , I would like to thank you for your review of our hotel and say it was a pleasure to welcome you . Even with the time passed since been with us for the first time for us is extremely important to know the experiences that our guests and clients have with us, I hope you have returned to our hotel after your first hosting but anyway , I would like to say on behalf of our staff That It will be our pleasure to welcome you again in our hotel When there is an opportunity for you to attest some the improvements .
Cuenca, Ecuador
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

This is my third time in Golden Tulip. The hotel is quite good for the price we have for it and I recommend it for short trips to the city. It is 15 minutes away from Congonhas airport and if you´re lucky, less than 40 minutes from Guarhulos. It has lots of good restaurants very close to it and also a mall.

Brakfast is good but always crowded so you have to go very early or after 08h30, otherwise sitting is like a food court. Service is good and friendly and rooms are ok.

Bad things: rug is always stained somewhere, the internet connection only permits one device (in this times, EVERYONE has a smartphone and a laptop), so you can´t have both connected unless you pay and still bathroom wallpaper is torn in some places.

Room Tip: There is a construction just in the front of the hotel, ask for a high room to avoid ALL the noise
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,
First , I would like to thank you for your review of our hotel and say it was a pleasure to welcome you . Even with the time passed since been with us for the first time for us is extremely important to know the experiences that our guests and clients have with us, I hope you have returned to our hotel after your first hosting but anyway , I would like to say on behalf of our staff That It will be our pleasure to welcome you again in our hotel When there is an opportunity for you to attest some the improvements .
Venezuela
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2013

Stayed in this hotel for a three day business trip to Sao Paulo. Being this hotel in close proximity to our host`s office we decided to stay there, so here I go:
The Good:
English speaking people at the front desk, very courteous and warm
Location, location, location: just one block from Avenida Paulista, Sao Paulo´s financial and business district
Many good restaurants and malls within walking distance (and safe to walk around)
Nice lobby
Food: Very nice breakfast, many options plus an omelette station (included in our rate)
The Not so Good:
Bathroom amenities
Wifi: spotty at best (I only tried the free version)
Room layout: very small, cramped bathroom in a good size room
The Bad:
Towels; very few and thin as paper!!!!
Around 200$/night (breakfast included)
Noise: Construction nearby and helicopters after 730 am (the hotel has a heliport) so you get a lot of noise
Bed: soft, feels old and tired
Only one TV Channel in English (CNN) sort of a British version, not the U.S. version
In summary this a couple of notches below a Courtyard, basically a 2 1/2 stars hotel, well maintained, but I think the rooms need an urgent renovation. If I go back to Sao Paulo, I´ll probably stay at the Intercontinental (three blocks away)

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Baghdad
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2013

I just came back from a 5 day stay in Sao Paulo. I know the Golden Tulip from Amsterdam and had a very pleasant stay there. I was less impressed with my stay at the Golden Tulip Sao Paulo. The rooms are very average, rather small and the location is in a bit shady area. Although close to the Paulista Avenue, it's located in a bit shady area. The receptionists are friendly, but not all. Also for breakfast it was like begging to get service or attention from the cook who makes the omelets and the servicing staff in general would never great you with a hello or goodbye.
Internet was indeed a challenge. It was like you needed to sit in a certain area of the room to get connection and even if you did, it wasn't reliable. The beds were hard and pillows very small. I've stayed in nicer hotels for a lot less money.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Tripadvexpert
Dear Guest,
First of all , I would like to thank you for your review of our hotel and say it was a pleasure to welcome you . Even with the time passed since been with us for the first time for us is extremely important to know the experiences that our guests and clients have with us. We apologize your stay was not so pleasant , as we are used to providing to our guests. Be sure that all the points raised were treated in order to correct and adjust our operation. I would like to say That It will be our pleasure to welcome you again in our hotel When there is an opportunity for you to attest some the improvements .
Antwerp, Belgium
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2013

Been staying here for a week during the Hospitalar Exhibition days... First night was a nightmare... At 5h00 my neighbour above or beside me decided to take a shower which woke me up and made me sit up in my bed wondering if he or she was taking a shower in my room with the door wide open... (Room 1624)
The following morning I went to the reception and they gave me another room on the 10th floor which was very quiet. Had to do the moving myself, no any help offered. Nevertheless thank you reception for giving me another far less noisy room.!
Rooms are OK, basic really, not excellent. Bathroom is very small, no shower gel... All in all I give this place 3 stars.
Breakfast during the exhibition was so so... All other days it was OK. No espresso in the land of coffee, too bad…
The restaurant is very good and I can recommend it! Dining “a la carte” is not so expensive and the quality of the food is excellent! The lunch buffet of Sunday (brunch probably) was also great and exceptional value for money.
Across the street by the way is a very famous restaurant "Baby Beef"... Excellent food but very expensive!
The hotel for me is a three star place… Oh and before I forget, rates for the Football World Cup start at 1.400 Real… OMG!

Room Tip: Higher floors are close to a rooftop heliport so mind the noise!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Newnan, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 5 days and the room was clean, the service friendly and I had everything's needed. My only need was coffee without chocolate and I could get it most of the time in the little coffee shop inside the hotel. I liked the room and all the staff was very helpful and most spoke English

Stayed May 2013, travelled on business