“Not as bad as reviews say but not awesome”

Golden Tulip Paulista Plaza
Ranked #28 of 328 Hotels in Sao Paulo
Reviewed 3 May 2014

I read reviews for this hotel, after it was recommended by local co-workers, and tried to find a better option in the area but I couldn't find a better review on Trip Advisor.

Area was noisy in the wee hours - but I think that is just the location, much like Manhattan.

Water system was odd - I had 2 water faucets but only one worked, in the shower and at the sink. I had one water temperature for each. Fortunately the shower was super hot and not super cold.

The service I thought was not as bad as implied. I didn't have the quality or extra service charge issues that others recently reported. Nor was the food as bad as some reported - not as good as Asia or Europe business hotels, but not certainly adequate for a business trip. After staying in 4 Brazil hotels on this trip, I would say it was on par with Brazil hotel food options.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Marc B, Gerente geral at Golden Tulip Paulista Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2016

Dear Guest,
First of all , I would like to thank you for your review of our hotel and say it was a pleasure to welcome you . Even with the time passed since been with us for the first time for us is extremely important to know the experiences that our guests and clients have with us, I hope you have returned to our hotel after your first hosting but anyway , I would like to say on behalf of our staff That It will be our pleasure to welcome you again in our hotel When there is an opportunity for you to attest some the improvements .
It will always be a pleasure to welcome you.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,304)

Reviewed 15 April 2014

I booked via Booking.com and the hotel decided to take a pre-authorization for the first night of my booking without warning me. As I had no clue they would do that, upon receiving a sms notifaction from the bank that my card had been used in Brazil, I ended up blocking my credit card... go figure what a nightmare! When I called the hotel, no one seemed to take ownership for my concern and although I was promised to be replied by the General Manager, that never happened.
The breakfast was rather poor too...!
Yes, the rate was good... bit I would have paid more for a better service with proper service recovery.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank LaysL_20142014

Dear Guest,
First of all , I would like to thank you for your review of our hotel and say it was a pleasure to welcome you . Even with the time passed since been with us for the first time for us is extremely important to know the experiences that our guests and clients have with us. We apologize your stay was not so pleasant , as we are used to providing to our guests. Be sure that all the points raised were treated in order to correct and adjust our operation. I would like to say That It will be our pleasure to welcome you again in our hotel When there is an opportunity for you to attest some the improvements .

Reviewed 28 March 2014

we attending financial conf. in the hotel. only two towels one with dirty spots. no beds changed for 5 days. no central air only individual dirty unites with loud noise. charges 180 reais per room twice for taxi. when asked to provide signed receipt no signature. present. currently will dispute charge with american express. lasha nickolaishvili Qualified Financial Institution Rico Express

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank LashaNickolaishvili

Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

We have stayed in Golden tulip paulista plaza hotel for three nights, it was excellent...very helpful staff, breakfast,safety. Even we have forget a huge amount of money in the hotel, we got it back with the help of the hotel staff, excellent job,very professional. Thank you for your support. Definitely recommended hotel and I will be back for the next stay.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
MARCOS C, Gerente geral at Golden Tulip Paulista Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Dear Schelebi

Thank you for your evaluation during your last stay with us. We appreciated your comments regarding our service, specially from our staff.

Hope see you again in a very near future.

Brgds,

Reviewed 18 February 2014

This is a hotel that is doomed to be mediocre. This is my 5th or 6th time here and it has the same old issues.

- Breakfast is good, but not tremendous. If you go after 8:00 every table is dirty, cups are dirty, spoons look used
- Internet between 07h00 and 09h00 and 21h00 and 00h00 is a waste of time. I do recommend paying for a prepaid internet card, and do not plan for any Internet meeting at that time, unless you go to the lobby and buy internet from TIM, Vivo, or any other provider

- Room service is bad. Asked for a chicken sandwich with fries and it was terrible. They took almost 40 minutes to serve it and it was lousy

- TVs are tiny. Don't even try.

Good things:

- Location
- Clean rooms
- Clean bathrooms
- Good sleep quality
- Coffee is good at the lobby

Room Tip: Floors 6 to 10
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guz

We're very sorry for the inconvenient faced during your last stay with us. All the issues have been treated by us immediately, in order to reverse such problems at once. Once again thank you for your remarks, and hope see again in a very near future.

Brgds!

Reviewed 11 February 2014

Not the best place I ever stayed in and probably not the worst - certainly average - the restaurant in particular wasn't great.
In a very convenient part of town however and safe too.
I would consider another place if I travel again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
MARCOS C, Gerente geral at Golden Tulip Paulista Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

Dear Guest

I noticed that your evaluation about our hotel and service, did not work as good as we wish. We are working hard to delivering good product with high level of service, in order to keep good levels of guests' satisfaction. However, some times we failed, but despite of that, we will never leaving the guests' issues without any correction. Once again, we thank you for your time.
Brgds,

Reviewed 10 February 2014

The location of the hotel is perfect but the hotel need maintenance en renew. The beds at very bad and old. We have a twinbed and roll to the middle all the time. They have to renewed. By complaining at the front desk only 1 guy takes it serious the rest only laugh. The breakfast is good! The pool is nice but need some renovation also.

• Stayed: February 2014

Dear Mr. frank

Thank you for your evaluation and remarks about our service and product. We have been working hard to renovate our hotel since last year, and today we still have few things in progress. About your comment regarding our Front Office Personnel, we took the necessary steps to correct and maintain the best standards of courtesy and professionalism. Your issues were immediately treated by us in order to correct any other possible failure on the future. Again, thank you for your remarks.