Hotel Unique
Melia Paulista(Sao Paulo)
US$136
US$108
  • Breakfast included
Mercure Sao Paulo Pinheiros Hotel(Sao Paulo)(Great Value!)
US$103
US$104
Maksoud Plaza(Sao Paulo)
US$126
  • Breakfast included
Bourbon Convention Ibirapuera(Sao Paulo)(Great Value!)
US$113
US$60
  • Pool
Landmark Residence(Sao Paulo)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$80
US$54
US$63
  • Free Internet
US$211
Orbitz.com
1,377 results
All reviewsskye barrooftop barred pooldark corridorsunique architecturelives up to its nameamazing views of the cityibirapuera parksteam roomtop floorgreat bathroomoutdoor poolearly checkrooms are modernsao paolosouth americabulgari
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Everything about this hotel screams "design" - the HUGE doors at the entrance, the red-lit statue of George slaying the dragon, the dark corridors/lift (the architect's sister is blind and wanted to create an experience so that people would understand what that feels like a bit), the pool with red tiles, making the water look slightly bloody... It's either very, very cool, or very, very weird, depending on your personal tastes I guess.

The room was absolutely gorgeous - Bulgari toiletries (yes, it's that posh), lovely white/aqua colours everywhere, pairs of Havainas left for you to use instead of slippers. And it's also super hi-tech; even the "curtain" (a massive white panel) is electrically controlled and slides shut at the press of a button. Hours of fun.

The service was astounding. A glass of Veuve to welcome you, a tour from one of the reception staff (slightly uncomfortable when you're in a near pitch-black lift), a fresh coconut and the most delicious chocolate truffle things after you've been shown to your room. You do feel a bit special, in a slightly music video kind of way.

We were told that the top floor (where the main bar and restaurant were) has up to 500 people there every night, and is well-known in the city as a "cool" place to hang out and be seen. Accordingly, we stayed in the more low-key bar downstairs and had a lovely time. The caipirinhas are AMAZING.

A real experience. And a tip if you're trying to explain where it is to a taxi driver: just ask for the "barco" hotel (it really is shaped like Noah's Ark).

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank GracemcCarter
Reviewed 10 February 2013

On a business trip to Sao Paolo, a friend told me that staying over in Unique was a must do. I did.
I remember the front doors, high like heaven leaving way to the ... reception. Amazing place.
Room was confortable and generous, no sharp angles, all in rounds.
But the most incredible place is the restaurant, bar on the roof.
Beside the incredible view, my memory goes to the great cocktails next to the red water all in line swimming pool.
A bit pricy, but really worth the experience !

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Arnaud H
Reviewed 4 February 2013

We went out with some clients and had a great time on top of this hotel. We had calzones and Pizza but not your average calzone or pizze these were really good. You had a great view of the city and a realy relaxed and fun atmosphere. If you are looking for a place to hang out one night this is a must and apparently on the top of most visitors list.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Pixtonian
Reviewed 4 February 2013

An otherwise excellent lunch in the bar area by the pool on the rooftop of this exquisite building was ruined recently by the attitude of a rude server. The food was excellent; if over-priced. I had a Lobster Ravioli which was exquisite while my friend had a risotto (I can't remember what type however).
Our rude server not only had the nerve to speak down her nose to myself and my friend but accused me of lying (the last time I had been there in 2010 a friend and, after lunch, we had ordered cocktails and got to hang out by the pool for the afternoon - we were told that this was impossible and that it couldn't have happened and wouldn't be happening on this occasion) and then found her Manager to back her up.
Despite the restaurant being quite busy (and only one person in the pool area at the time) her Manager seemed to think this point needed to be made and the accusation of my lying must indeed be cemented.
A terrible experience and makes one wonder if the attitude of staff at Hotel Unique trickles down from the top. It certainly seems the case although I hope I am proved wrong.
Upon settling the bill I asked that the (same) server remove the Optional Service Charge which she then explained was "not for the hotel, but for the staff" - she was obviously oblivious to the fact that she had been rude, insulted me and had called me a liar. I have only done this on two occasions before where the service was truly dreadful and the food inedible - both of those times I deliberated for much time and stand by my decisions. On this occasion of not tipping, or agreeing to a service charge, I didn't hesitate for a moment - it was that clear cut.
I explained I only reward good service and that I did not receive the minimum level of good service from her that day and as such I would not be leaving a tip. Her attitude was something I was not expecting and certainly atypical of my experience in this fine city. Disgruntled she stormed off. A horrible, horrible experience.
This was my second time at the Unique and while it is a fantastic building with excellent food the rude staff do not make me want to stay here. I will not return until I receive a full apology from Management; something I believe I will never receive.
Sao Paulo is somewhere I visit from time to time and occasionally I like to splurge; despite its many fine attributes I am delighted I gave staying here a miss on this occasion. I will not return nor will I recommend it to my clients in the future. With service like this it is best avoided.
If you must then visit, then do so only for a cocktail, take in the view over the park of the city from the rooftop and leave. If you are a masochist then of course stick around for insult and injury. Avoid. Avoid. Avoid.

Room Tip: I did not stay.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
9  Thank FreshEire A
Melissa O, General Manager at Hotel Unique, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2013

Dear Sir,
I thank you so much for the constructive comments regarding our service at Skye restaurant & bar.
Our outdoor pool, at Skye roof top is open only for guests during the day(the deck area, not the tables) and for outside guests after 6pm.
What we care most at Unique is to exceed our guests expectations and to make them come back very often, like many others do for the past ten years.
Its a pleasure to excuse myself in the name of my staff. Its really not the kind of service we want to provide.
I have a very close relationship with my staff and will definetelly review this situation.
I would love to be able to welcome you back at Unique and remain at your disposal for anything you might need on another opportunity.
Yours sincerely,
Mellissa Oliveira

Reviewed 20 January 2013

This is truly a gem! The hotel was great! The stuff are great and helpful.
The hotel pool upstairs is really cool specially at night. Although I am happy to have stayed in there next times would rather go to Emiliano or the fasano hotel since they are better located. But over all its a good place to stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank craizyforio

Thank you so much for your great comment regarding your time with us.
We are located between the financial district and the chic Jardins area. Also walking distance from Ibirapuera Park, a very residencial area.
We would be very glad to be able to welcome you back on your next visit to enjoy São Paulo with a great view.
I remain at your disposal for anything you might need on another opportunity.
Yours sincerely,