“Uber cool”

Ranked #2 of 321 Hotels in Sao Paulo
London, United Kingdom
“Uber cool”
Reviewed 7 September 2011

One of the coolest, most stylish hotels I have ever stayed at. The service was top class, the bars fantastic - only problem was the price (it is not cheap)/

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank NickTabibito
Hotel_Fasano, General Manager at Hotel Fasano Sao Paulo, responded to this review, 8 September 2011
From Hotel Fasano São Paulo:

Thank you for taking the time and sharing your experience and comments, it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you even better in the future.
It is definitely the best way we can monitor and improve our service and facilities.
We're looking forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to São Paulo.
Best Regards.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Korean first
New York
Reviewed 30 August 2011

The service was superb. The food very good. The staff amazingly responsive and hospitable. The hotel itself quite nice. The location great. Prices high, but you get a lot for the money. No complaints whatsoever.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Hotel_Fasano, General Manager at Hotel Fasano Sao Paulo, responded to this review, 1 September 2011
From Hotel Fasano São Paulo:

We appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Hotel Fasano Sao Paulo. Constructive comments and feedback are always the best way to overcome our guest's expectations.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you even better in the future.

Best regards,
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed 25 August 2011

As a change from Emiliano (OK, because Emiliano jacked up the prices), we decided to give Fasano a try. Besides the handsome lobby, the entire experience was unacceptably disappointing. The room was minuscule, the furnishings frayed and the service surly. The breakfast was that of a nice regional pousada, without the friendly service (indeed, the service at the restaurant was generally mouth-droppingly bad.) At least we did not experience the awful stay, around the same time, of friends of ours, who were kept up until 3am by a party in an adjoining room, about which the hotel was apparently completely unwilling to do anything (including, say, sending a bottle of wine or something the next day.) The service at the front desk was decent, but not super helpful. All in all, a surprisingly unpleasant contrast to both Emiliano, and to Fasano in Rio.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank pcinrj
From Hotel Fasano São Paulo:

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Hotel Fasano Sao Paulo. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations;

Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent any future occurrences.

Yours Sincerely,
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 25 August 2011

As soon as I arrived, bellman dispatched my name through radio to front desk (I didn't realize it till I arrived at Front desk since they welcomed me with my name directly).

Was escorted to my big suite (very nice) and checked in from my suite.
Was very nice!!!!! Large, great... shades comes down automatically!! how fun.. almost like Vegas..
Food was great... went to restaurant instead of having breakfast... and they had a great buffet (I think it was for lunch). expensive but again... if you complain about price, don't stay in a 5 star hotel, right? I was charged for internet, but again, this is not your regular hotel... if you are within budget, stay somewhere else.. .and stop complaining about charges.... cant' stand all those non sense comments that keeps complaining about prices and/or what should be included in rates....

I enjoyed a late check out (free of charge)... I needed to leave at 3... and all was perfect..
3 rooms or less per floor, which is very nice... bathroom is soooo nice and large bathroom.... jacuzzi etc... very nice.

I will definitely return. For us American, I would say it's your typical 5 star hotel.. trust me, stayed in another hotel... Fasano is the Best.

C

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
From Hotel Fasano São Paulo:

We really appreciate your comments about your stay at the Hotel Fasano Sao Paulo. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I will share your comments with our team, who I am certain will be encouraged by it. As a member of The Leading Hotels of the World, the hotel continuously strives to meet our guest's needs and expectations .

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Kind regards,
Santa Monica, California
Reviewed 10 January 2011

I stayed here for about a week in December, and was extremely disappointed in the service. I had stayed here several times before (a couple of years ago) with great results, and decided to try it again for this trip. For my work, it was in the perfect location. I also believe that it has the best physical space, decor, and amenities of any hotel in Sao Paulo.

However, the level of service was so disappointing that I will not be staying here again, notwithstanding the locational inconvenience of staying at other hotels in the future. The service mistakes would have been annoying in a 3-star hotel, but unacceptable in a hotel of this caliber. They included:
- housekeeping failing to come after i specifically requested it
- wireless internet failing multiple days in a row, forcing me to waste literally over an hour a day working with a hotel IT person, who after 3 aggregate hours of trying to figure out the wireless, decided to give up and just gave me a landline instead (they couldn't suggest this solution within the first 10 minutes? why?)
- room service running out of multiple menu items when i tried to order them
- room service bringing me the wrong food, and still making me wait 30 minutes to have them try the second time (rather than rushing the order)
- room service food simply being poor quality (how is this possible when the brand is famous for the food?!!)
- the on-site restaurant forgetting to apprise me of table openings despite repeated requests
- I tried to take a bath and the bubbles had a layer of soot on them - apparently the tub hadn't been rinsed out in a long time
- aside from one excellent english speaker at the front desk, general poor grasp of english at reception, restaurant, spa, etc. not acceptable when you pay this much to be in a hotel that's supposed to service international clientele

I generally would not blast a hotel for service errors, since minor mistake are inevitable. But to have an incident literally every day during a one-week stay is not a matter of 7 coincidences happenig - it's just poor staff training. Quite a shame, because I still believe it's physically the nicest hotel in the area - hopefully they shape up soon

Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
5 Thank melzzz
Hotel_Fasano, General Manager at Hotel Fasano Sao Paulo, responded to this review, 29 July 2011
Dear Madam,

First and foremost, thank you for choosing Hotel Fasano São Paulo during your recent visit to Brazil. Your loyalty to the hotel is much appreciated.

I would like to take this opportunity to offer no excuses for the inconveniences you have experienced with us. We are doing the necessary follow up to ensure that this type of incident does not happen again.

The Fasano Group is known for its unconditional dedication, outstanding gastronomy, impeccable hospitality, and for striving to provide the best in understated luxury and zealous yet un-invasive service.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should I be of assistance to you at any moment.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 3 January 2011

The Fasano felt like it could be one of Andre Balazs' or Ian Schrager's high-design hotels. The service here is very good and helpful, the rooms are large, and there is a sense of dramatic gangster glamour.

In SP, I prefer the Emiliano, but this is probably mostly a matter of taste. The Fasano is larger, darker, and more masculine. It's not in any way a bad hotel, but I think it should cost half as much as the Emiliano.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Gandaratravels
Hotel_Fasano, General Manager at Hotel Fasano Sao Paulo, responded to this review, 30 July 2011
Dear Mr.,
We appreciate your comments and truly respect your opinion regarding your stay at the Hotel Fasano Sao Paulo. I will share your comments with our team, who continuously strives to meet the needs and expectations of any of our guests.
Thank you again for sharing your experience.
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 1 January 2011

We stayed at Fasano from Dec 31 till Jan 2nd. We arrived on 31st and since we were quite tired after long journey from Russia and had not made preliminary arrangements for the New Year Eve, we simply booked a table at the local restaurant Fasano. The dinner was quite simple but than the bill has arrived we were really shoked: it exceeded U$1500 (i.e. more than 2500 in local currency). For the boring dinner that was not even tasty it was far too much. The worst thing is that nobody told us that it's going to be "set menu" and price will be more than U$700 per person. I think the reseptionist should have mention that to my husband then he booked the table for dinner. We would definitely go to another place.
I have to point out some other negative features of Fasano hotel:
- very small covered pool, no terrace to sit out and enjoy the sunshine,
- they charge U$25 per day for internet use, even in public areas (simply ridiculous, provided that the daily room rate exceeds U$500)
- breakfast is very poor.
To summmarize, hotel Fasano is quite a disappointing experience. I wish we have stayed somewhere else.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
13 Thank Yurgeneva
Hotel_Fasano, General Manager at Hotel Fasano Sao Paulo, responded to this review, 28 July 2011
Dear Ms. Yurgeneva,
I offer you no excuses but my deepest apologies for the inconveniences you have experienced during your recent stay with us. I would also like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us, as it is only through constructive feedback that we can monitor and improve our service and facilities. Comments and critiques are essential to measure and improve the level of our services.
I sincerely hope that this incident has not marred your impressions of our hotel and that you will give us another opportunity to be of service to you.