“Elegant, sophisticated, a perfect stay”

Hotel Fasano Sao Paulo
Ranked #2 of 326 Hotels in Sao Paulo
Reviewed 4 October 2011

Fasano is conveniently located in the fashion luxury district of Sao Paulo, between the famous Haddock Lobo, Oscar Freire and Rua Bela Cintra.
So very convient to walk around in one of the few areas of the city where you can actually walk.
Make sure to pre book the airport pick up so you'll not need to think about money change or others once you arrive at the airport.
the hotel lobby is elegant and chic with an old england atmosphere.. vintage leather sofas and chairs, huge fireplaces and suffused lights here and there with beautiful vintage lamps.
The reception is beautiful with a redbrickstone huge wall partially covered by a huge vintage world map and a floor to ceiling real tree.
the staff is friendly and gentle and they escorted to my room and explained me every single detail. in fact travelling abroad, in several hotels, it is very common not being able to find the remote control or not understand how to turn off the lights. Here they explained every single detail about lights, aircon, remote control, safe, hairdryer. Last but not least they gave me a complimentary 15 minutes relaxing foot massage. I immediately call the spa to reserve the massage and i added 15 minutes more.. the spa is wonderfull. in relaxing warm candle lit room the lady did a perfect relaxing massage.
The room itself is not extra luxury but is sober and chic with some vintage touch like the lamps or the chaise longue that give it a private home feeling.
the bathroom was huge with a big shower. Instead of the slippers here they give you flip flops especially developed for fasano by a famous local brand.
If you have chance, try to dine at Fasano, but be aware it is very high price (probably the best restaurant in all Sao Paulo). Other options could be Baretto or Nonno Ruggero, both inside the hotel. one is more a bar the other is a restaurant very nice and warm with a good selection of italian food.
At Nonno Ruggero is also served breakfast buffet. Just excellent with a wide selection of pastries, cakes, cereals and also savoury dishes.
I would definitely recommend this place. Fasano is one of a kind hotel with a luxury home feeling, attention to detail and sophisitcated luxury.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 7 September 2011

One of the coolest, most stylish hotels I have ever stayed at. The service was top class, the bars fantastic - only problem was the price (it is not cheap)/

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank NickTabibito
Hotel_Fasano, General Manager at Hotel Fasano Sao Paulo, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2011

From Hotel Fasano São Paulo:

Thank you for taking the time and sharing your experience and comments, it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you even better in the future.
It is definitely the best way we can monitor and improve our service and facilities.
We're looking forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to São Paulo.
Best Regards.

Reviewed 30 August 2011

The service was superb. The food very good. The staff amazingly responsive and hospitable. The hotel itself quite nice. The location great. Prices high, but you get a lot for the money. No complaints whatsoever.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Hotel_Fasano, General Manager at Hotel Fasano Sao Paulo, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2011

From Hotel Fasano São Paulo:

We appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Hotel Fasano Sao Paulo. Constructive comments and feedback are always the best way to overcome our guest's expectations.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you even better in the future.

Best regards,

Reviewed 25 August 2011

As a change from Emiliano (OK, because Emiliano jacked up the prices), we decided to give Fasano a try. Besides the handsome lobby, the entire experience was unacceptably disappointing. The room was minuscule, the furnishings frayed and the service surly. The breakfast was that of a nice regional pousada, without the friendly service (indeed, the service at the restaurant was generally mouth-droppingly bad.) At least we did not experience the awful stay, around the same time, of friends of ours, who were kept up until 3am by a party in an adjoining room, about which the hotel was apparently completely unwilling to do anything (including, say, sending a bottle of wine or something the next day.) The service at the front desk was decent, but not super helpful. All in all, a surprisingly unpleasant contrast to both Emiliano, and to Fasano in Rio.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank pcinrj

From Hotel Fasano São Paulo:

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Hotel Fasano Sao Paulo. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations;

Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent any future occurrences.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed 25 August 2011

As soon as I arrived, bellman dispatched my name through radio to front desk (I didn't realize it till I arrived at Front desk since they welcomed me with my name directly).

Was escorted to my big suite (very nice) and checked in from my suite.
Was very nice!!!!! Large, great... shades comes down automatically!! how fun.. almost like Vegas..
Food was great... went to restaurant instead of having breakfast... and they had a great buffet (I think it was for lunch). expensive but again... if you complain about price, don't stay in a 5 star hotel, right? I was charged for internet, but again, this is not your regular hotel... if you are within budget, stay somewhere else.. .and stop complaining about charges.... cant' stand all those non sense comments that keeps complaining about prices and/or what should be included in rates....

I enjoyed a late check out (free of charge)... I needed to leave at 3... and all was perfect..
3 rooms or less per floor, which is very nice... bathroom is soooo nice and large bathroom.... jacuzzi etc... very nice.

I will definitely return. For us American, I would say it's your typical 5 star hotel.. trust me, stayed in another hotel... Fasano is the Best.

C

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business

From Hotel Fasano São Paulo:

We really appreciate your comments about your stay at the Hotel Fasano Sao Paulo. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I will share your comments with our team, who I am certain will be encouraged by it. As a member of The Leading Hotels of the World, the hotel continuously strives to meet our guest's needs and expectations .

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 10 January 2011

I stayed here for about a week in December, and was extremely disappointed in the service. I had stayed here several times before (a couple of years ago) with great results, and decided to try it again for this trip. For my work, it was in the perfect location. I also believe that it has the best physical space, decor, and amenities of any hotel in Sao Paulo.

However, the level of service was so disappointing that I will not be staying here again, notwithstanding the locational inconvenience of staying at other hotels in the future. The service mistakes would have been annoying in a 3-star hotel, but unacceptable in a hotel of this caliber. They included:
- housekeeping failing to come after i specifically requested it
- wireless internet failing multiple days in a row, forcing me to waste literally over an hour a day working with a hotel IT person, who after 3 aggregate hours of trying to figure out the wireless, decided to give up and just gave me a landline instead (they couldn't suggest this solution within the first 10 minutes? why?)
- room service running out of multiple menu items when i tried to order them
- room service bringing me the wrong food, and still making me wait 30 minutes to have them try the second time (rather than rushing the order)
- room service food simply being poor quality (how is this possible when the brand is famous for the food?!!)
- the on-site restaurant forgetting to apprise me of table openings despite repeated requests
- I tried to take a bath and the bubbles had a layer of soot on them - apparently the tub hadn't been rinsed out in a long time
- aside from one excellent english speaker at the front desk, general poor grasp of english at reception, restaurant, spa, etc. not acceptable when you pay this much to be in a hotel that's supposed to service international clientele

I generally would not blast a hotel for service errors, since minor mistake are inevitable. But to have an incident literally every day during a one-week stay is not a matter of 7 coincidences happenig - it's just poor staff training. Quite a shame, because I still believe it's physically the nicest hotel in the area - hopefully they shape up soon

Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
5  Thank melzzz
Hotel_Fasano, General Manager at Hotel Fasano Sao Paulo, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2011

Dear Madam,

First and foremost, thank you for choosing Hotel Fasano São Paulo during your recent visit to Brazil. Your loyalty to the hotel is much appreciated.

I would like to take this opportunity to offer no excuses for the inconveniences you have experienced with us. We are doing the necessary follow up to ensure that this type of incident does not happen again.

The Fasano Group is known for its unconditional dedication, outstanding gastronomy, impeccable hospitality, and for striving to provide the best in understated luxury and zealous yet un-invasive service.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should I be of assistance to you at any moment.

Reviewed 3 January 2011

The Fasano felt like it could be one of Andre Balazs' or Ian Schrager's high-design hotels. The service here is very good and helpful, the rooms are large, and there is a sense of dramatic gangster glamour.

In SP, I prefer the Emiliano, but this is probably mostly a matter of taste. The Fasano is larger, darker, and more masculine. It's not in any way a bad hotel, but I think it should cost half as much as the Emiliano.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Gandaratravels
Hotel_Fasano, General Manager at Hotel Fasano Sao Paulo, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2011

Dear Mr.,
We appreciate your comments and truly respect your opinion regarding your stay at the Hotel Fasano Sao Paulo. I will share your comments with our team, who continuously strives to meet the needs and expectations of any of our guests.
Thank you again for sharing your experience.