“Nice choice for business”

Tryp Sao Paulo Higienopolis Hotel
Ranked #70 of 323 Hotels in Sao Paulo
GreenLeadersGold level
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“Nice choice for business”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

I tink this hotel is a niche choice for business. The bedroom is confortable, the bed good and the bathroom works very well. The breakfast is an average one and the gym doesn't work well. As I said I suggest that only for business not for family trip

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Luis A
Alex_TrypH, Services Manager at Tryp Sao Paulo Higienopolis Hotel, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Dear Mr. Luis A,
I would like to thank you for your kind comment. We are Always trying to amaze our guest in every possible way and your comment will help us even more. Regarding your comment about Family trips, I invite you to come one weekend and see how many families we have here enjoying our hotel and São Paulo, you´ll be impressed, so please, any time you´re in town contact us.
Best Regards, Alex Assunção - Services Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

On the positive side the Tryp Higienopolis is well located, close to avanhandava and higienopolis avenues in Sao Paulo. The rooms are big, modern and confortable. But the walls are so thin that one can hear everything in the room next door. While this might be appealing to those who enjoy voyeurism, it was not fun when I was trying to sleep at 2 in the morning.

Service was very poor. It took us 20 minutes to check in and another 20 minutes to check out.
The person at the check out was outright rude, talking to another employee instead of dealing with me. Nobody came to fetch my suitcases from my taxi and I had to carry them myself. Whilst this might be ok if you are staying at a modest hotel, for the price they charge the room, more could have been done.

Perhaps one good thing was breakfast, which was quite generous and good.

All in all, I suspect I will not return to this one.

Room Tip: Avoid floors with lots of guests as you will hear everytime they take a shower or enter the bathroom...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Alex_TrypH, Chefe de Serviços at Tryp Sao Paulo Higienopolis Hotel, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Dear Mr. dahoui,
Thanks for sharing your experience at the TRYP Higienópolis. I feel so bad that we couldn´t meet all your expectations as we usually do for our guests, if you check some of the previous comments. In regards to the check in and check out time, it takes a little longer when is your first time, as for security reasons we need to have all guests informations entered in our sistems, however next time it is faster. I hope to see you back having our great breakfast, please, contact me when you plan your next trip to São Paulo, so I can take care personally of your reservations.
Thanks & Best Regards, Alex Assunção, Services Manager
Warwick, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

Only stayed one night but first impressions good and I would happily stay again. Reasonably quiet location but it was easy to walk to restaurants. Room a good size and well appointed plus free wifi! hurrah! A little disappointed with the bar area which is just tucked in the entrance to the restaurant. No real negatives to report as far as I am concerned.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank kingbolt
Alex_TrypH, Chefe de Serviços at Tryp Sao Paulo Higienopolis Hotel, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Dear kingbolt,
Thanks for your evaluation, we found that very awesome that you would like to stay more time with us. In regards to our bar área... ok, we know it´s tiny, but it´s really cozy, just sit at the bar and see how our associates can woa you with some regional drinks.
Hope to see you again here.
Thanks & Best Regards, Alex Assunção - Chefe de Serviços
Copenhagen, Denmark
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

I stayed here for the second time and have not seen any positive developments. The service is not approachable, the cleaning is half done. Swimming pool is terrible and cant be recommended, same goes for the fitness room. all the equipment is outdated.
the location is good, since you can walk to nearby mall and restaurant street and seems safe.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Faraz A
Greetings Faraz A,
Nice that you had time to share your experience with us here. I woul like to thank you for coming back and invite you to keep returning, please, in you next stay look for me, so we can have a coffe and I´ll show our investments to keep the shape of TRYP Higienópolis, including new machines at the gym.
Thanks & Best Regards, Alex Assunção - Services Manager
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

i stayed here twice over a two week period, the breakfast is ok nothing special or different to anyother hotel of this class. I had two rooms one with balcony and one without, dont be too fussed if you dont get one it did not make any difference and too small to sit on anyway, also the views are not so great. The rooms are very well appointed, robes, slippers, mini bar and good toiletries etc. I may have had the top grade room so be aware of different types. I had room service with was not so good, a little difficult for them to understand my order as I do not speak any portugese. There is one guy on the front desk who was most helpful Steve Silva, professional and personable and made my check in a breeze. Would i stay again yes if on business. Though bring ear plugs and walls rather thin.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear charlietraveler57,
Many thanks for your kind evaluation, you needed to see Steve´s smile when he saw that.
In regards to our room service, I am really sorry that you had this experience and I need to let you know that we are investing on our associates language skills by providing an english course nearby. Hopefully next time youll have a great experience.
Thanks & Best Regards, Alex Assunção - Services Manager
Curitiba, PR
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

Excellent choice in São Paulo! Well located and nearby to "Higienopolis mall" which is a good option with restaurants.
Good rooms, breakfast, staff...everything is great! Worth it.
No problems at all to report.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Golda_TrypH, Gerente geral at Tryp Sao Paulo Higienopolis Hotel, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
Dear Nando_World
Thank´s for your nice review for the TRYP Higienópolis Hotel. We are really happy that you enjoyed the hotel and our region. We hope to have you here soon, in this opportunity we would like to show you more about the city we are passionate about and make your stay even more enjoyable. Best Regards,Golda Boruchowski, General Manager
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013 via mobile

I used this hotel as a base for a 17 day business visit to Brasil. The rooms are comfortable and well appointed and the staff are helpful, cheerful and polite. The wifi is a little frustrating as you can only have one appliance attached to it at one time, so you end up constantly swapping between laptop, iPad and iPhone. The downsides are that the swimming pool is cold and feels a little unloved and the communal areas including bar are rather limited. However good coffee shops nearby!

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Michael N
Dear Michael N
First of all, I would like to thank you for taking your time to comment about the TRYP Higienópolis Hotel. Regarding our internet services, we are closely working with our provider to continuously improve. I hope I can see you on TRYP Higienópolis in your next stay in São Paulo. But in the other hand we’re so happy that you enjoyed the hotel and all services that we can offer.
Thank you & Best Regards, Golda Boruchowski – General Manager