“Noisy and dusty for a 5-star, upscale, hotel!”

Tivoli Mofarrej - Sao Paulo
Ranked #6 of 328 Hotels in Sao Paulo
Reviewed 5 April 2012

I was part of a meeting group and has booked a "regular" superior room. Although it is not above any average room from a 5-star hotel (I need to mention that I have been in fancier rooms from hotels like Hilton, Hyatt or Marriot) it is a comfortable room with a really KING size bed. I don´t know if my room was really renovated because just aside my walls, the aisle was blocked with workers coming and going, contributing with a noisy and dusty stay!!! Not to mention that at 9:30 AM on SATURDAY, they started working, ruining my sleep after an "after-hours" dinner-meeting. I made some complaints during my stay but the staff wasn't caring enough to change me to another room. Another point was that one day the breakfast rstaurant changed (because of a private event at the regular one) and we had problems with wainting for a table, less variety of foods and a bad food replacement for the ending items. On the other hand, check-in and check-out attendants were nice, as well as the staff responsible for the meeting department and so was the porters & bell-captain. It was an average to poor stay based on those structural problems (for a 5-star hotel!)

Room Tip: Higher rooms, facing "Avenida 9 de Julho" (9th of July Avenue) has a nicer view, specially...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,835)

Reviewed 3 April 2012

I like the very trendy aesthetic, as seen in the nice wide lobby, small but cozy pool and scenic rooftop restaurant. But it I found that the basics were close to deficient when the room carpets didn't seem clean, the toilet needed several nudges to work, and it was a significant challenge to get the shower to stop dripping.

Room Tip: As it is surrounded by towers and my room didn't have a veil, you can ask for more privacy if yo...
Reviewed 30 March 2012

The hotel is of the big tower-style.
Not much charm, but all the services are there.
Pool is ugly (orange?!) and part of the day in the shade. The side beds are nice though.

Nice views over SP from the high floors.

Restaurant on top (Arola) not so good, I expected more from his reputation.

Can't stand the extra fee for Wi-Fi though, that's unacceptable (88 R$ for 3 days!)

Reviewed 27 March 2012

What a disappointment this hotel is - forget all the blurb about 'the guest experience team' they will contact you just before you leave with promises none of which are fulfilled. The Hotel itself is sort of modern and clean but you could get this elsewhere for half the price. The staff are for the most part miserable and unhelpful. They will charge you 'extra' to use the gym, 'extra' to use internet and the cost of the food in the restaurant is ridiculous. I was there on business so it wasn't me paying the bill but even so I resented every penny. The AC in the room was too hot - had to get them up twice to fix it, toilet blocked for no reason...on an on and on. I won't continue other than to say you will be disappointed so look elsewhere. I have several more trips to Sao Paulo and will surely never book in this place. I also e mailed them to give them feedback and didn't even receive a response of any kind. Do yourself a favour and don't stay in this overpriced establishment.

Room Tip: Just don't stay here.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank JuliaRichardson
TivoliHotelsResorts, General Manager at Tivoli Mofarrej - Sao Paulo, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2012

Dear Guest
We would like to thank you for sharing your observations regarding your visit to Tivoli S. Paulo -Mofarrej.
Please accept our apologies for the inconveniences that happened during your stay. We´ll share all your comments with our staff so we can improve our services. At the Tivoli S. Paulo – Mofarrej, free internet is provided to members of our loyalty programme- GHA Discovery. At check -in we inform our Clients about this and other advantages, so clients can become a member right away, and at no cost.
Regarding our prices, São Paulo is undoubtedly experiencing a boom in services and prices, but we are a five star deluxe Leading Hotel of the World, with luxury standards to maintain and our Arola 23 restaurant is served by two-Michelin star Chef Sergi Arola.
We remain at your entire disposal for any additional explanation you may find necessary. Please contact us at htsp@tivolihotels.com<mailto:htsp@tivolihotels.com>

Reviewed 24 March 2012

Don't come to this hotel now, they are having construction on the 13 th floor and it is very noisy!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
TivoliHotelsResorts, General Manager at Tivoli Mofarrej - Sao Paulo, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2012

We apologize for any inconvenience that occurred during your stay at Tivoli São Paulo - Mofarrej.
An emergency repair needed to be done during the period, and the same has been completed. Sorry for the inconvenience. We hope to welcome you back at our hotel any time soon

Marco Amaral
General Manager of Tivoli São Paulo-Mofarrej

Reviewed 12 March 2012

If you are used to a nice hotel, the Tivoli meets expectations. If it's a splurge, you will definitely be happy. It has been renovated since it's last incarnation as a hotel and it's worth upgrading to one of their signature rooms. Room size vary but all are nicely finished and furnished. It's location between Avenida Paulista and Oscar Freire is perfect. One of the few walk-able area of the city (in the daytime). The restaurant is good though service can be indifferent. The Elements Spa by Banyan Tree is absolutely excellent and the prices are reasonable for a hotel. If the location fits your needs, I would definitely recommend staying here and would return myself.

Room Tip: Go for the Signature Collection rooms!
Reviewed 8 March 2012

Nice Hotel but not for the price. This hotel can not be compared as the same level as Unique, Fasano or Emiliano, but the price is about the same.

I am very disappointed by the way that the hotel treated me. There was a huge constrution noise coming from the upper level and I could not sleep after a very stressfull day of work. When I followed the complain, nothing was done by the hotel but a very simple apology. A hotel in this level should know how to deal with this situation by offering a free night or a discount on the rate. Not even that. I returned to Sao Paulo a week after and have requested the hotel to quote me for a second chance but they. And back to me with a redicolous price and for that price I rather stay at a better hotel.

Also, I tried to go to the gym and they charged me to get in, not mentining that the gym is very very poor.

• Stayed: March 2012