“This is definitely not a five-star hotel!!”

Tivoli Mofarrej - Sao Paulo
Ranked #7 of 327 Hotels in Sao Paulo
Reviewed 20 March 2013

I have stayed at this hotel twice in the last few years - the last time was for a conference, this time because it was a last-minute reservation and the Fasano where I normally stay was full. On both occasions, the experience was bad. The rooms badly need renovation, and lack modern facilities. The first two room keys did not work. The waiters at the bar were insolent (one refused to give a colleague a glass of ice cubes; one gave me a "wait" hand signal when I asked for the bill). Before the Fasano opened, I used to stay at the Renaissance; the experience was more pleasant, and they did not pretend they were a five-star hotel.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank Lam N
Write a ReviewReviews (1,791)

Reviewed 19 March 2013

This is the best hotel I have stayed in for Business in Sao Paulo. Excellent check in service even though I arrived at 12 noon. They made sure there was a room available. Impressed with the room, size excellent, bed comfortable and it was quiet. Small but very nice bathroom. Everything new and clean.
A very good breakfast and I also had lunch there on day 2 which again was very good. It is also in a very good location with shops, restaurants and parks nearby.
Service was 5 star. I can't fault this Hotel at all.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 March 2013

I've stayed here about 12 times the past year and I just love the amazing service from the front desk, concierge and housekeeping. Always great service. The location is ideal and in a very comfortable and safe part of town. They rooms are very nice and some are quite spacious. Always has great water pressure and heat in the showers. This is an expensive hotel, but you won't be disappointed. My biggest complaint is that the pool area is small and you have to walk through the lobby bar/restaurant to get to and from it, which is a little awkward in swimwear while business people are having lunch. During my stays, the Prime Minister of Ireland was staying ther and then another time Lady Gaga was too. Security is always premium at this location.

Room Tip: Ask for a room opposite the main street to cut down on some street noise. On the end overlooking th...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 March 2013

Stayed here 2x for a business meeting. Service in the Hotel is excellent. Good lobby bar for drinks and ford. Breakfast and buffet restaurant in the basement is average and airo is cold. Staff is willing to help and meet to customers demands. Top floor Restaurant is great. Go there for location and service.

Reviewed 4 March 2013

Good: pretty lobby; very clean and spacious room; nice shower and bathroom overall
Bad: ordered room service ... who makes a chicken sandwich taste that bad?; wake up call came 10 minutes late; they don't own their gym so they cannot accommodate any requests to open early as most high quality hotels can do; my colleague and I joked that we needed to budget five minutes of buffer to get an elevator at any of the peak usage times

I think it's a slippery slope down from the Fasano in Sao Paulo so I can't guarantee I wouldn't come back but I sure hope I don't have to. It was very blah. Serviceable but far from standout.

Reviewed 28 February 2013

I paid the previous night to get me a room at arrival time 7 am; The roomm was available but a handicap room, the system was not working so they coud not program room keys. Well wento get breakfast after 45 minutes the same thing forced to go to the front desk to get a Bell Boy Clenton Great guy. This was all morning finally they thought they solve it but not Ingrid at the recetion worst attitude even though she seemed to be the one who had more knowledge an idea of what they needed to do. The room key failed during the 3 days I stayed. Something I just can tolerate they replaced the bottle water with a half consumed one. Reported at the front desk they camed to deliver one and did not take the other one which stayed inthe same place until I left. The room where I stayed 1801 I do not recomend it it has no view is in a corner near to the lifts. I almost for got it those elevators take several minutes to get to your floor some times they just dont stop.

Room Tip: Book another hotel The Bistro they seat you in dirty tables waiters just do not care.
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Stayed here for 7 nights for a business conference so I rarely saw anything except the inside of the Tivoli. First the good, the people here are what makes this place great. Fausto and Marcelo at the concierge desk were amazing and went above-and-beyond on pretty much any request I had of them. Other staff members I interacted with were also extremely friendly and helpful. The Jardin's location is quite nice as well, although I was unable to venture out much. However, the proximity to nice restaurants, shops and bars seem to be a huge plus compared to other locations in the city. The rooms (I was on the 16th floor) were fine and what I would expect of a nice place. Nothing spectacular about the room, but the bed was very comfortable. I'd ask for a room away from the elevator landing. The walls did seem a bit thin as I did hear my neighbor on the phone each morning. The hot water wasn't working my last morning in the hotel, but came back on later in the day. Now the bad, the check-in process was painfully slow. The people again were not the problem, it was the process of waiting for other guests in front of me, scanning my passport, entering data into the computer, asking me questions, taking an advance charge on my credit card, etc, etc. That needs to be addressed, especially for business visitors. Lastly, the bill they give you at check-out is a joke. They combine all the meals you had at any one restaurant and put them in a single line item? What?!? But wait, it gets worse, then they also divide out any beverages (non-alcoholic or booze) you had as part of those meals into a separate single line item as well? Who does this and why? Talk about making it hard on a business traveler to do his expenses! TIP - Sign up in advance for their frequent guest program to get free WIFI and avoid paying their ridiculous internet fees.

Room Tip: Higher rooms are better. Avoid the areas near the elevator landing.
2  Thank VivaPamplona