“Great location”

Tivoli Mofarrej - Sao Paulo
Ranked #6 of 328 Hotels in Sao Paulo
Reviewed 1 April 2013 via mobile

We spent 5 nights in the Tivoli. The reception is beautiful, staff efficient, helpful & friendly, check-in was straightforward our room wasn't quite ready so I sat by the pool enjoying a coffee in the sunshine...no hardship.

The room was on the 16th floor & had a GREAT, expansive view across the park and the skyline of Sao Paulo. The room itself was large, stylishly modern and comfortable. It had all the usual luxuries including a Nespresso machine but no milk/milk powder...so expresso only. The bed was huge & sumptuously comfortable.

Breakfast was included in our room tarif. Breakfast was very good; lots of delicious fresh fruit, lovely pastries, fresh bread, a selection of hot food which changed every morning plus a chef to cook omelets to order.

We ate dinner in the top floor restaurant which was a fabulous space, with gorgeous views. The food was good, we ordered the tasting menu. It wasn't the best food we'd eaten in Sao Paulo, but it was definitely the most expensive at £300.00 for two people with wine!

Overall our stay was wonderfully comfortable, very luxurious. The hotel is probably in the most central and convenient site in Sao Paulo but it comes at a price...eye wateringly expensive!

• Stayed: March 2013
Write a ReviewReviews (1,833)

Reviewed 26 March 2013

Very well located, beautiful entrance but still an aged hotel with very average rooms.
Service was quite good until this morning at checkout when I got a "surprise" at checkout. They "lost" my fidelity profile and I ended up charged for Internet. I had been told at check in that it would not be charged...
Not very helpful attendant made me pay (a lot by the way) for a poor and slow Internet.
Besides that, at the price we paid I now know we can get better and newer hotels (maybe even with better service)

• Stayed: March 2013
4  Thank Leonardo_de_Araujo
Reviewed 25 March 2013

Arrival was friendly and the entrance hall looks stylish and good. After this, my experiences were not so good:
Arriving in my room (340USD per night), electric 110V cables hanging out of the wall not protected, the floor, walls, mirrors and wardrobe dirty and in need of renovation.
I took pictures, showed them to management and got a better room, a fruit basket and a free breakfast. I was assured that the room will immediately be renovated. The new room was better and renovated. No refund on the unacceptable room though.

Personally I don't consider this to be a good service:
1. Arriving in a 5 star hotel after a long flight, I expect to directly get an acceptable room.
2. Since I arrived early, the hotel was not flexible enough to allow me an early check-in, I had to book an extra night to have a room upon arrival (so I had to pay two days, 680 USD for the non renovated room before I could get an acceptable one)
3. Sauna and wellness only for an extra charge
4. Internet in the room only for an extra charge
5. Fitness only for an extra charge
6. A cup of coffee in the room was charged with 4 USD extra (!)

Certainly not a "Leading Hotel of the World" as they claim. I was very disappointed.

(Since the hotel said, they would directly renovate the room, I don't post the pictures of the not acceptable room here)

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room
2  Thank yoyannik
Reviewed 23 March 2013

For the price the rooms (classic floors) were in need of a refurb. My TV wasn't working either. The reception and lobby are done up very modern and cool but that's about it. The hotel forgot to mention that using the gym comes at a cost and the Internet connection, after having to purchase it, kept going down. The restaurant staff added the 10% tip without asking and by handwriting it for you on the line that is clearly meant for the customer to fill in. It's in a great location and the staff was nice so I was disappointed to be left feeling so unimpressed.

1  Thank Katha P
Reviewed 20 March 2013

I have stayed at this hotel twice in the last few years - the last time was for a conference, this time because it was a last-minute reservation and the Fasano where I normally stay was full. On both occasions, the experience was bad. The rooms badly need renovation, and lack modern facilities. The first two room keys did not work. The waiters at the bar were insolent (one refused to give a colleague a glass of ice cubes; one gave me a "wait" hand signal when I asked for the bill). Before the Fasano opened, I used to stay at the Renaissance; the experience was more pleasant, and they did not pretend they were a five-star hotel.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank Lam N
Reviewed 19 March 2013

This is the best hotel I have stayed in for Business in Sao Paulo. Excellent check in service even though I arrived at 12 noon. They made sure there was a room available. Impressed with the room, size excellent, bed comfortable and it was quiet. Small but very nice bathroom. Everything new and clean.
A very good breakfast and I also had lunch there on day 2 which again was very good. It is also in a very good location with shops, restaurants and parks nearby.
Service was 5 star. I can't fault this Hotel at all.

Reviewed 14 March 2013

I've stayed here about 12 times the past year and I just love the amazing service from the front desk, concierge and housekeeping. Always great service. The location is ideal and in a very comfortable and safe part of town. They rooms are very nice and some are quite spacious. Always has great water pressure and heat in the showers. This is an expensive hotel, but you won't be disappointed. My biggest complaint is that the pool area is small and you have to walk through the lobby bar/restaurant to get to and from it, which is a little awkward in swimwear while business people are having lunch. During my stays, the Prime Minister of Ireland was staying ther and then another time Lady Gaga was too. Security is always premium at this location.

Room Tip: Ask for a room opposite the main street to cut down on some street noise. On the end overlooking th...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business