“Great Location But Terrible Ammenities”

Tivoli Mofarrej - Sao Paulo
Ranked #6 of 328 Hotels in Sao Paulo
Reviewed 26 September 2013

I was here on business. Location is great, and as expected the staff was very warm and helpful. For the very high price of this hotel, internet was not included (and cost $40+ for three days), and you have to pay 15 reals to use the gym. Crazy. When I'm traveling for business, I need a hotel that is going to make my stay easy. In addition, the elevators are extremely loud and I could hear them easily from my room. Yes, the room was the size of a small apartment, which just isn't important to me. I would not recommend this hotel unless one wants to stay here simply because of the location.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Daniel W
Write a ReviewReviews (1,851)

Reviewed 21 September 2013

The decor of the hotel is breathtaking!!! Check-in was fast n the front desk reps were very friendly. I loved the Nara Lounge and Bar my favorite was Alan. I stayed at this hotel for two wks and every night I stopped by the lounge to chat with Alan he gave the best restaurant suggestions. The food at Nara Lounge was good also!

The concierge is very very knowledgable they gave me great tips on shopping restaurants and nightclubs. They are willing to go above and beyond to ensure u have the best stay at there hotel. One night I had to make a quick run to the pharmacy but it was dark outside. The concierge told me "I will walk with you there". So he did and he walked me back. That was one of my biggest highlights at this hotel. The customer service is great.

Now for some of the things I didn't like:

- the gym is not included as part of the hotel. It's an extra $15 usd per day. The gym hours and size are very limited. Also the gym is a public gym so it's usually crowded.

- the food on the room service menu is not as good as it looks when you read the menu description. I only ordered room service twice the fish was a bit salty and over cooked but edible. The steak was as hard as the plate it came on. I returned the food and just kept my drink that came with the order. They were very nice and took the meal off my bill.

Despite my dislikes noted above I would recommend this hotel because of its location. It's less than two minutes away from Paulista Ave. This is where the banks are, shopping, and eating. On Sunday there is a cool local market where u can purchase a lot nice gifts for yourself, family, and friends.

Room Tip: Do not get the classic room it's to small
1  Thank Jersey K
Reviewed 13 September 2013

I am not going to review a hotel, but their lounge, yet from my review you probably can draw some conclusions about the hotel in general is as well. Several weeks ago booked a dinner in Lounge and few days later got a call from them telling that because of some glitch in their system our reservation was canceled. To sweeten my cancelation they offered me to book a lunch for same date instead. Well, the solution was not perfect, yet worked for me. Guess what! On the eve of my lunch I got a call again with same old story - glitch in a system, overbooking and blablabla. Best part is they tried to persuade me to make another booking. Third time, really? ARE U KIDDING ME? NO, THANKS! Mediocre service for my own money is No-No. Congrats, Tivoli and Narã! Keep on such a "great" job.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TravelLoverB
Reviewed 6 September 2013

This was a happy surprise. Well designed with outside decking and even small pool, difficult to believe you are in the middle of a major city. I will certainly return here, although a king size bed was requested, was given a twin room. This has also happened to a friend previously.
Helpful staff and in a good position

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the upper floors and away from the noisy elevators
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 August 2013

I spent one nught at Tivoli Sao Paulo and was absolutely amazed. Everything's flawless, and the ambiance is so great. Would definitely go back. Specially recommend the Bar at the lobby, they have great food and great service. Great Spa!!!

Reviewed 28 August 2013

I have stayed here for business and the staff is very accommodating and helpful. The location is good, several good restaurants close by. The rooms are comfortable with nice views of the city. I have had trouble getting onto the internet. It seems erratic and spotty.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are the largest but if you have a room that faces Santos it can be noisy
Reviewed 11 August 2013

The hotel is very well located, a block way from Avenida Paulista. The lobby is beautiful as is the bar next to the swimming pool. The rooms in the other hand are just okay - nothing special.
If you are there for business like me, it is a perfectly viable option. But it's nothing more than that.

Room Tip: The higher rooms give you a great view of São Paulo - anything 15th floor up starts to get interesti...
1  Thank The_Vargian