“very comfortable for travelers who are going to work in the surrounding”

Tryp Sao Paulo Nacoes Unidas Hotel
Ranked #107 of 326 Hotels in Sao Paulo
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Hotel is clean and safe, staff is very friendly and is situated in an area that isn't attractive but very comfortable for travelers who are going to work in the surrounding areas with taxis available all the time

Alert and simple aspects to be improved by the hotel management: map of Sâo Paulo, map of metro, indications of areas to visit, clear indications on how to arrive to metro.

To be improved: wifi coverage which is actually very poor. I have to stay in the bathroom to have connection with my iPhone.

Shopping and eat: near commercial mall and shopping area – MORUMBI SHOPPING . Avenida Roque Petroni Junior, 1089 - Vila Gertrudes, which is very nice and you can eat have dinner with plenty of choices in the restaurant area. Not easy to walk although very near ( 15 m walking ) the hotel don’t have clear instructions on how to get there… strongly advise to take a cab back to the hotel. The cab will likely cost between 12 - 20r.

Very near uou can find a Carrefour commercial center.

The gym is ok if you use before 6:30 am and after 23:00 pm. The rooftop lap pool looked okay, but I didn't try it out. The roof top furniture was sparse and in need of some serious updates.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank EduardoFiguMadLx
NacoesUnidas_Tryp, General Manager at Tryp Sao Paulo Nacoes Unidas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Hi EduardoFigumadLx,

We would like to thank for your comment on your stay with us.
We were very happy to know that the cleaning, care and comfort of our accommodations were very well appreciated.
Your coments were analized in a constructive way, as well as being very important to get excellence in quality.
We are in a privileged region that allows us to have easy access to the principal points of the city and also have a wide variety of trades around the hotel, as was mentioned in your comment.

We will be very happy to see you again at TRYP Nações Unidas.

There are newer reviews for Tryp Sao Paulo Nacoes Unidas Hotel

Reviewed 28 May 2014

The hotel itself is clean, staff is very friendly, but the building is old. The guest room walls are very thin - take earplugs! The morning breakfast buffet is okay. Coffee line is pretty much always packed because there aren't enough coffee machines for the morning rush.

The hotel is situated in an area that isn't terribly attractive. There is a great Italian restaurant next to the hotel that gets very busy in the evenings. Stop by the Haviana's shop 1 block away and stock up on these great sandals ... very good value in SP, which is rare given that everything else is expensive.

You can walk to to a nearby mall during the day and at dusk, but take a cab back to the the hotel. The cab will likely cost between 18 - 20r.

As others have mentioned check in and out is a long process, so plan ahead!

The gym is a joke and not worth the time to take the elevator to the top floor only to find all 3 outdated aerobic machines occupied. The rooftop lap pool looked okay, but I didn't try it out. The roof top furniture was sparse and in need of some serious updates.

Room Tip: Get a high floor and use ear plugs (Hearos brand) to sleep through the noise.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
NacoesUnidas_Tryp, General Manager at Tryp Sao Paulo Nacoes Unidas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Hi, girlcats,

We would like to thank to choose the TRYP Nações Unidas as your opition for your stay.
Is a good pleasure to know that our localization, breakfast and employees, makes your stay nice.
We thanks yours observations, throug the comments as yours make us improve the quality services.

Will be a pleasure recive you to make another avaliation about our hotel.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

I was about to make a choice among the four hotel options available at the Chacara Santo Antonio area, so I payed a visit to the Tryp to check the hotel as one of my friends was staying there: the rooms are modern, but claustrophobically small, the gym is really dated and old, there is a rooftop pool with no view and which becames useless during winter but I had some hope regarding the service. So, one day the rates where OK and I decided to switch from Estanplaza to Tryp. Unfortunately my trip got cancelled but I was unable to reach out to the reservation staff as the phone number provided was always unavailable (maybe because I was calling from abroad). I keep trying for few days and when it finally worked I realized they have charged me a No-Show and where completely closed to sustain any type of discussion, showing a really poor customer service skills given that I have the perfect profile as customer for them - frequent travels to the same neighbourhood.. So, I´ve payed the no-show and returned to stay at Estanplaza or Intercity when needed. Just as a comparison, Estanplaza baked me a cake for my birthday last time I was there....

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Doisberto

Hi Doisberto

We appreciate the time you dismissed your overall experience at TRYP Nações Unidas.
We would like to share our apartments have undergone recent reforms, aiming to provide a stay of comfort and quality to our guests. In our gym, we follow the standards set in relation to the size.
We fell so sorry not ride out your expectations in relation your hosting with us, we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again to reconsider your opinion about our hotel.

Adener Rocha

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Já estive neste hotel muitas vezes, a empresa com que trabalho tem “convênio”. Nunca saí satisfeito.
RESUMO: Pontos fortes: Transporte VAN para o CENESP e café da manhã incomparável. Pontos péssimos: Pior serviço de internet de todos hotéis que já fiquei e barulho dos outros quartos.
DETALHES:
O que mais me incomoda é a internet. NUNCA funciona corretamente, e tem que fazer login todo dia. O sinal é PÉSSIMO e a velocidade é ruim. Reclamei todas as vezes, e nada mudou. Já fiquei até no quarto ao lado do aparelho de wifi. Aguardo para sempre retorno de ligação do suporte de internet ou até da gerência.
Os quartos são ótimos para o padrão. A equipe de atendimento tem alguns muito mais esforçados que outros.
Uma vez me colocaram num quarto com vazamento no box do chuveiro e com uma peça de colocar a toalha quase solta. Liguei reclamando e um atendente da recepção recebeu minha ligação, me colocou em espera e desligou. Liguei novamente e outro funcionário me atendeu brilhantemente, já solicitando os reparos.
Outra vez, depois de um bom tempo de espera numa fila grande (tinham somente dois atendentes), fiz o check-in e me colocaram num quarto que já tinha um hóspede. Voltei e tive que esperar mais um pouco para trocarem meu quarto.
Em resumo, não recomendo. Para um hotel de negócios, internet é primordial.

I've been in this hotel many times, the company I work with has a "partnership". I never leave it satisfied.
SUMMARY: Pros: Transportation VAN to CENESP and incomparable breakfast. Cons: Worst internet service of all hotels I have ever stayed in and noise from other rooms.
DETAILS :
What bothers me the most is the internet service. NEVER works properly and you have to log in every day. The range is POOR and the speed is bad. I complained every time, and nothing has changed. I always see myself waiting for the return call from the internet support team or the hotel manager.
The rooms are great. The service team has some much more hardworking than others.
Once I was staying in a room with a leak in the shower stall and which had an almost loose towel-handle. I called complaining and the front desk attendant received my call, put me on hold and hung up. I called again and another employee answered me brilliantly, requesting repairs immediately.
Once, after a long time waiting in a long line (only two attendants were working), I checked in and I was put in a room that had already a guest. I went back and had to wait a little longer to exchange my room.
Bottom line is, I do not recommend the hotel. For a business hotel, internet is essential.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank eSofka

Dear eSofka,

We would like to thank for your staying in our hotel.
We deeply regret that was negative, because our ultimate goal is to seek excellence in services for the satisfaction of our guests. Inform you that your settings it was passed to the responsible areas in order to take appropriate measures. We take this opportunity to inform that we are constantly working to implement improvements, not only in the areas mentioned but in our hotel as a whole.
We hope to recevied you to reconsider your opinion about the TRYP Nações Unidas.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Positives:

Updated
comfortable sleeping arrangement
decent size room
free breakfast buffet (food is ok)
good location

Negatives:
Extremely poor service, check in process is a nightmare, and it doesn't matter what time of day or night there is ALWAYS a line.
My traveling partner had his luggage lost by airline, he would call the hotel while we were visiting customers and they disconnected him 4 times
Bathroom when I checked in smelled like bleach, which I don't mind, at least it means they are cleaning it, however the towels stunk like they sat in the washer too long. No wash cloths, no hand towels only two stinky bath towels
garbage in my room bathroom wasn't emptied
The internet is free, but it is not good. I would get kicked out every half hour and half to sign in again. Also, very slow speed.

So, overall, it is a functioning business hotel which is wildly overpriced (as is everything in Brazil to my experience).

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Laura S
NacoesUnidas_Tryp, General Manager at Tryp Sao Paulo Nacoes Unidas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Thanks for commenting on your stay with intention to improve our services. We apologize for not fully meet your expectations. Your comments were shared with the responsible for the aforementioned areas, enhancing the quality and avoiding future occurrences.
Thanks for your contribution and hope to have the opportunity to receive it so you can reevaluate our services.

Reviewed 4 April 2014

We stayed here and loved it. Everything well organized, very comfortable beds and clean. Breakfast was delicious. Public transport is not very far away and the reception desk very helpfull. We will definetly com back.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
NacoesUnidas_Tryp, General Manager at Tryp Sao Paulo Nacoes Unidas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Hi Debbie S,

Thank you for sharing your stay with us and other travelers Tripadvisor.
We were very happy to receive a review as positive as yours, and know that you appreciated the cleanliness, breakfast and service of our staff.
Will be a pleasure to recieve you at TRYP Nações Unidas.

Adener Rocha

Reviewed 28 March 2014

Like many hotels in SP, you pay more and get less. The hotel is ok as compared to all others similar hotel. The check-in and check-out was slow and inefficient. This is normal in Brazil and there is no difference at Tryp! Also the breakfast was horrible.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business