“Gave this hotel a second chance. Disappointed. Gym under repair for 6 months.”
Review of Pestana Sao Paulo

Pestana Sao Paulo
Ranked #167 of 321 Hotels in Sao Paulo
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Gave this hotel a second chance. Disappointed. Gym under repair for 6 months.”
Reviewed 18 January 2013

Gave this hotel a second chance because it is near our office in Sao Paolo, and I was staying only 1 night. Staff at our office promised that this time would be better. The room was better because this time as they arranged for me to get a room without a carpet - which was significantly better than the last time{Thank you to other tripadvisors that provided that tip}. However I was disappointed when the Internet, which was complimentary for 1 device, was down for almost the whole of my 1 night stay at this hotel. The last time I was here, which was about 6 months ago, they said that their gym/pool was under repair. Imagine my surprise when they said that the gym/pool was still under repair. I asked the person at the reception when the gym/pool repairs would be completed and the individual could not give me an answer. The hotel has a decent location and is near Av Paulista one of the main drags in Sao Paolo. As they say in the US, fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Shame on me. Please acknowledge this review as helpful if you have found it so.

Room Tip: Get a room without carpet. They are cleaner.
Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Dover C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Horsham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 October 2012

This review relates to a visit in February 2011. We stayed at the Pestana for a total of five nights a the beginning of a six weeks holiday in Brazil. Knowing that we were arriving early on the BA flight from London, we had asked for an early check-in which we knew could not be guaranteed. Inevitably on arrival our room was not ready and we had to wait two hours. However, the hotel did offer us an upgrade at a very favourable price so in the end a good start to our holiday.
Our room was clean, tidy and spacious with adequate storage for what we needed to use in Sao Paulo. Wifi worked well. Likewise the bathroom was perfectly acceptable. Service at both reception and the concierge was helpful and friendly. The lobby had a coffee shop with some tables on a semi enclosed veranda at the front of the hotel which was welcome in the hot weather we enjoyed.
Breakfast was a buffet which was good enough but not inspiring. The restaurant was a little tired at the edges. We didn't have any other meals, eating out instead at some of the well known local restaurants - Rodeio and Fogo de Chao for example.
Hotel location is good being in the middle of the Jardins Gardens), one of the upper class residential areas in SP and close to Avenida Paulista and Avenida Faria Lima. Therefore quite easy to get to the shopping centres or shopping areas and restaurants in the Jardins.
We used street taxis to get around. They are safe and drivers honest.
This is not a super luxurious 5 star hotel, but a good quality hotel in a good location at a reasonable price. If we return to SP, we would probably stay there again.

Room Tip: Try and get a room at the front of the hotel. Located on the raod that rises up to Avenida Paulista...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 8 July 2012

They gave me a room which was not serviced. After a 20+ hour flight, I was greeted with dirty sheets, and trash in the room. Not a good start. When I finally switched rooms, the room I got had an odd smell and a pretty worn carpet. There were several staff members at the reception, but they were not very efficient. Breakfast buffet selection was poor by Brazilian standards. Choice was small: 3-4 warm options and some cold options. I also had issues with the Internet here and had to rely on my Blackberry to stay up to date. Have stayed at other Pestana hotels in the past, this was by far the worst one. Pestana chain might want to take a look at what is happening here.

Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
pestana, General Manager at Pestana Sao Paulo, responded to this review, 27 August 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Pestana São Paulo Hotel and for your comments regarding your stay. We are sorry to learn about the inconveniences you experienced whilst staying with us. Your information regarding our levels of service were worthy of our utmost attention, and the necessary actions are being taken in order to prevent similar situations from happening in the future. Our sincerely apologize and we hope to have a second chance to reverse our image and offer a high quality typical from Pestana Hotels.

Kind regards,

Travellers are raving about these Sao Paulo hotels

Santos, SP
Reviewed 18 June 2012

I llive in Santos, by the sea and I use to visit Sao Paulo for cultural purpuses, for theater, cinema , shows, also for shopping , and so on. I often stay at Pestana Hotel because it´s location and because I have Pestana Holiday Club time share. This time I went for André Rieu and Orchestra at Ibirapuera Stadium that is very close to Pestana, a walking distance. I like very much the place, the hotel staff and the breakfast. The reception pelople are always very kind and helpfull . The bar service for sandwiches is very slow, but the quality is fine. I really recommend it.

Room Tip: I like those that faces Tutóia street. The ones ending by 7, like 907 are a little more bigger.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your detailed review following your recent stay at the Pestana São Paulo Hotel. Your comments are most appreciated. We always strive to provide a warm and welcoming experience to our guests, and we are happy that you enjoyed the hotels services and facilities. We look forward to welcoming you back in São Paulo.

Yours Sincerely,
Porto Alegre, RS
Reviewed 9 June 2012

Business trip in May. The room and bathroom were old but clean. Nice wifi signal n the apartment. Nice and kind service on maintenance and front desk. Nice breakfast. Worth the price.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
pestana, General Manager at Pestana Sao Paulo, responded to this review, 5 September 2012
Dear Gustavo,

Thank you very much for choosing the Pestana São Paulo Hotel, and for sharing your feedback with us. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay, and we hope that you will return. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Yours sincerely,
Antwerp
Reviewed 28 May 2012

The hotel is ok - it needs bringing up to date esepcially in the rooms and bathrooms. The service was good and especially the front desk staff was very helpfull and professional.

my two biggest comments would be for a business hotel the internet service and speed is VERY BAD. It was nearly impossible to download emails because the speed was so poor. SEcondly After two days the hoetl stil ldid not have converters for EUropean plugs and i was directed to a shop to buy one myself.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
pestana, General Manager at Pestana Sao Paulo, responded to this review, 28 August 2012
Dear Guest,

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing the Pestana São Paulo Hotel as your destination, and for sharing your opinions with us. We are sorry to learn that you experienced certain inconveniences during your stay. Our sincerely apologize and we hope to have a second chance to reverse our image and offer a high quality typical from Pestana Hotels.

Kind Regards,
Brasil
Reviewed 3 May 2012

Despite the room of good size has the disadvantage of the musty smell. The carpet with many spots. The first night of a stay of three the service of the restaurant at night was of low quality, which made ​​me out to dinner on the nights that followed, despite the rain and cold.

Room Tip: Ask a room without carpet.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business