Pestana Sao Paulo
US$99
Maksoud Plaza(Sao Paulo)
US$127
  • Breakfast included
Ibis Sao Paulo Morumbi(Sao Paulo)(Great Value!)
US$66
  • Restaurant
Bourbon Convention Ibirapuera(Sao Paulo)(Great Value!)
US$119
US$60
US$54
US$208
US$201
  • Pool
Landmark Residence(Sao Paulo)(Great Value!)
US$82
US$78
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Pestana's hotels are very classy around the world... São Paulo's is not different. People are very kind from the reception frontdesk to the bellboy and so on. Went with my wife and my parents in law (over 80 years old!). All personal were so kind with the elders!
Room were clean, the fabrics great, air conditioning working and with a nice view of São Paulo City. 29 flat TV with some cable channels (not much...)
The breakfast had a lot of fruits of the season, lots of breads and loafs.... scrambled eggs, sausage and everything, you can even get a nice expresso!

at the lounge you can have a very cold draft beer at the Brahma Quiosque open through the day and night!

Room Tip: Higher floors have a nicer view of São Paulo parks (Ibirapuera)
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
pestana, Manager at Pestana Sao Paulo, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2013

Dear Marcelo

I would like to thank you for your beautiful words about our service and facilities and also for choosing Pestana São Paulo. It was a pleasure for us to have such a beautiful family in our hotel. That is what we try to do all day long, to make guest feel like home and we are happy to know that you and your parents in law felt that too. They will always be welcome here and we from Pestana love to have the whole family together, children, parents and grand parents!

Thank you again for choosing us!

Cordially

Henrique Vendramin

Reviewed 18 January 2013

Gave this hotel a second chance because it is near our office in Sao Paolo, and I was staying only 1 night. Staff at our office promised that this time would be better. The room was better because this time as they arranged for me to get a room without a carpet - which was significantly better than the last time{Thank you to other tripadvisors that provided that tip}. However I was disappointed when the Internet, which was complimentary for 1 device, was down for almost the whole of my 1 night stay at this hotel. The last time I was here, which was about 6 months ago, they said that their gym/pool was under repair. Imagine my surprise when they said that the gym/pool was still under repair. I asked the person at the reception when the gym/pool repairs would be completed and the individual could not give me an answer. The hotel has a decent location and is near Av Paulista one of the main drags in Sao Paolo. As they say in the US, fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Shame on me. Please acknowledge this review as helpful if you have found it so.

Room Tip: Get a room without carpet. They are cleaner.
Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Dover C
Reviewed 20 October 2012

This review relates to a visit in February 2011. We stayed at the Pestana for a total of five nights a the beginning of a six weeks holiday in Brazil. Knowing that we were arriving early on the BA flight from London, we had asked for an early check-in which we knew could not be guaranteed. Inevitably on arrival our room was not ready and we had to wait two hours. However, the hotel did offer us an upgrade at a very favourable price so in the end a good start to our holiday.
Our room was clean, tidy and spacious with adequate storage for what we needed to use in Sao Paulo. Wifi worked well. Likewise the bathroom was perfectly acceptable. Service at both reception and the concierge was helpful and friendly. The lobby had a coffee shop with some tables on a semi enclosed veranda at the front of the hotel which was welcome in the hot weather we enjoyed.
Breakfast was a buffet which was good enough but not inspiring. The restaurant was a little tired at the edges. We didn't have any other meals, eating out instead at some of the well known local restaurants - Rodeio and Fogo de Chao for example.
Hotel location is good being in the middle of the Jardins Gardens), one of the upper class residential areas in SP and close to Avenida Paulista and Avenida Faria Lima. Therefore quite easy to get to the shopping centres or shopping areas and restaurants in the Jardins.
We used street taxis to get around. They are safe and drivers honest.
This is not a super luxurious 5 star hotel, but a good quality hotel in a good location at a reasonable price. If we return to SP, we would probably stay there again.

Room Tip: Try and get a room at the front of the hotel. Located on the raod that rises up to Avenida Paulista, there are good views looking eastwards over the Jardins. Some room have no views at all, just the wall of the next high building.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2012

They gave me a room which was not serviced. After a 20+ hour flight, I was greeted with dirty sheets, and trash in the room. Not a good start. When I finally switched rooms, the room I got had an odd smell and a pretty worn carpet. There were several staff members at the reception, but they were not very efficient. Breakfast buffet selection was poor by Brazilian standards. Choice was small: 3-4 warm options and some cold options. I also had issues with the Internet here and had to rely on my Blackberry to stay up to date. Have stayed at other Pestana hotels in the past, this was by far the worst one. Pestana chain might want to take a look at what is happening here.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
pestana, General Manager at Pestana Sao Paulo, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Pestana São Paulo Hotel and for your comments regarding your stay. We are sorry to learn about the inconveniences you experienced whilst staying with us. Your information regarding our levels of service were worthy of our utmost attention, and the necessary actions are being taken in order to prevent similar situations from happening in the future. Our sincerely apologize and we hope to have a second chance to reverse our image and offer a high quality typical from Pestana Hotels.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 18 June 2012

I llive in Santos, by the sea and I use to visit Sao Paulo for cultural purpuses, for theater, cinema , shows, also for shopping , and so on. I often stay at Pestana Hotel because it´s location and because I have Pestana Holiday Club time share. This time I went for André Rieu and Orchestra at Ibirapuera Stadium that is very close to Pestana, a walking distance. I like very much the place, the hotel staff and the breakfast. The reception pelople are always very kind and helpfull . The bar service for sandwiches is very slow, but the quality is fine. I really recommend it.

Room Tip: I like those that faces Tutóia street. The ones ending by 7, like 907 are a little more bigger.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your detailed review following your recent stay at the Pestana São Paulo Hotel. Your comments are most appreciated. We always strive to provide a warm and welcoming experience to our guests, and we are happy that you enjoyed the hotels services and facilities. We look forward to welcoming you back in São Paulo.

Yours Sincerely,