“Reasonable hotel premises and amazing staff”

Pullman Sao Paulo Vila Olimpia Hotel
Ranked #12 of 328 Hotels in Sao Paulo
Reviewed 2 May 2014

The hotel premises are good. The front of the hotel was being renovated at the time so had to enter from the business entrance, but not a big issue.

The breakfast was really good, a lot of variety.

The staff is very nice, and they speak English which made a big difference.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Carlos E, Gerente geral at Pullman Sao Paulo Vila Olimpia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2014

Dear Mr alexandroschr,
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

We hope to see you soon and your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

I must admit that I tend to look at TripAdvisor rankings before I book a hotel or to create an impression of a hotel. This time I had no choice given that I was doing business in the area. I didn't even try to propose Hotel Unique because it would have been expensive for us at the time. So our work travel agent chose Caesar Park.
There's two of them by the way. So I got lost initially and went to the Business one. It turns out that the "non business" one is better. I loved the rooms. They are big.The aircon is extremely quiet. It's the most quiet air-con I've ever experienced. I got a room with a lovely view but on the main road. The noise insulation was brilliant. The breakfast even though didn't have many choices was great. I loved the apples at the reception. I'd pick them up everytime I go in and out. JK Iguatemi, the most beautiful shopping centre in Brazil, is a 10 min walk. Not an easy walk though given lots of people and traffic. However, Shopping Vila Olimpia (not as glamorous as JK Iguatemi) is just a block away. There's lots of shops too. Brazilian mostly and some international. JK is more international and more upmarket. I found myself going back to Vila Olimpia a lot. I had a great lunch there. There's lots of bars in the area. Back to Caesar Park. It's good value for money and one of those simple things in life that exceed your expectations (because you were not expecting much anyway). Will I stay here again? Definitely, yes!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Carlos E, Gerente geral at Pullman Sao Paulo Vila Olimpia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Dear Mr kkn889,

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Good business hotel. Great breakfast. Rooms sometimes share a common door, which are badly isolated from sound. Otherwise very welcoming and helpful staff. Location is good, close to a shopping mall with good restaurant choices. Also the neighborhood has a good selection of bars.

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear Mr French_carioca,
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay.
Thank you again for sharing your experience.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Really comfortable stay. Rooms were comfortable, restaurant was very good.

Staff were very friendly and engaging. Most were able to converse very well in English, which can make a difference for the international traveller.

Internet connection easily accessible and fairly good.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Carlos E, Gerente geral at Pullman Sao Paulo Vila Olimpia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Dear Mr Brent,

Diretor Hotel

Reviewed 11 April 2014

Just spent a few days in São Paulo and stayed here. The room was a very good size and the bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was average but the buffet lunch was superb. I had the sea bass and I was pleasantly surprised. I cannot fault the staff. They were all very friendly and helpful. Often, when they found out I was from Liverpool, they just wanted to talk football and The Beatles. Good location for many businesses on Fario Lima. I won't comment on the traffic in São Paulo. One problem though, tried working from my room one day and their internet failed. Not great for a hotel in the business district.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Carlos E, Gerente geral at Pullman Sao Paulo Vila Olimpia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Dear GrahamT,
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay with us. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Carlos E, Gerente geral at Pullman Sao Paulo Vila Olimpia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Reviewed 28 February 2014

Room is very basic. No tea / coffee facilities. No iron or ironing board.

That said, it is clean, the staff are helpful within the parameters set by the management.

There is a current renovation in the lobby, which means noise in the day and a temporary reception.
Whilst I was there internet was free if you joined the Accor points scheme. And the internet speed was good.
Laundry service is expensive.
The location is good for the business district, nearby shopping mall and a train station connecting to the Metro.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank IIliketogo
Carlos E, Gerente geral at Pullman Sao Paulo Vila Olimpia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Dear Mr IIliketogo,
We appreciate your comments regarding your stay.
I am sorry that your experience did not meet all your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.
The hotel is transforming some areas to improve the actual product and receive Pullman Hotels brand. During this period we are seeking to soften the situations it may cause.
We remain at your disposal.
Hoping to receive your visit after rebranding.

Best Regards.