“Very good hotel - Absolutely recommend!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Estanplaza Berrini

Estanplaza Berrini
Ranked #60 of 323 Hotels in Sao Paulo
Lisbon, Portugal
“Very good hotel - Absolutely recommend!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2012

I travelled to São Paulo in business for a week and stayed at Estanplaza Berrini. Very good hotel, with a very nice room. Super comfortable and big, with a cute area as a closet and a hidden bathroom behind a mirror door - super cool! All the service was excelent - room service, cleaning and laundry, all perfect. Good Café da Manhã da Fazenda (breakfast), with all sorts of treats. The location worked just fine for me since I was 2 blocks away from the office. I highly recommend this hotel if you're travelling in business and it has been a while since the last time you went home..

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Sao Paulo, SP
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2011

I stayed last night (September 12) at this hotel. I actually tried to book a room at the Gran Estanplaza, which is located 1 mile away from Estanplaza Berrini, and had a previous experience, but there was no vacancy at that date.

I fully agree with other travelers. Estanplaza is a pretty good brand, but quality is not consistent from location to location. I paid BRL 379 for a king size bed, whereas a de luxe room at the Gran Estanplaza is BRL250. I have raised my expectations in respect to the room, and got disappointed. Understand that Estaplanza self rate the Gran place as a 5-star business hotel and 4-star for Berrini, but I would rate it as a 3-star. Furniture is contemporary, but dated. The bathroom ceiling needs some painting, and there was an unpleasent smell in the entire room. Services are fair, but not captivating. I definetely will try the Gran Estanplaza or the Hyatt next time in Sao Paulo.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2011

The company I work at has an agreement with this hotel, and we tend to use this hotel a lot due to its inexpensive price. The hotel is part of a nicer brand called Estanplaza, however the service does vary a lot from each unit. The location is OK, relatively close to the domestic airport, safe (there is a police station across the street from the hotel) and just a 5 minute walk to a local mall were you can find many restaurants. The rooms are dated, the linen/towels are old, and the water temperature in the shower does tend to vary from scalding hot to freezing cold. I must have stayed in this hotel about 5 or 6 times before from periods varying from one to 4 nights, and did have a problem on every occasion. In April 2010 called front desk late at night asking for a thiner pillow and was informed there was no small pillow in the hotel (?!), that all were standard thick pillows and that there was nothing they could do. Next morning the front desk clerk arranged a thinner pillow and mentioned that most likely the guy at the night front clerk was probably "too tired" to go to the maids closet to get a smaller pillow. On a different stay - about 2 months later - I ended up arriving in the hotel about 10:30pm to learn that since I arrived after 18:00 they could no longer guarantee my room, and I had to find myself another hotel. In April this year due to a mix up in the travel agency we use, a reservation on this hotel was made on the same date I was in another hotel in Sao Paulo. Estanplaza Berrini did not allow agency to cancel for this room and charged for no show even tough there was a big event in Sao Paulo and hotel was full, I get this is the rule, but does show a lack of flexibility on their side. I am not the only to have had problems with this hotel, and have - together with some of my colleagues - been avoiding to stay there. Strongly suggest anyone reading this to do the same.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank PedroM0
Bangalore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2010

I stayed here for two days during my business trip. The room was very big. 2 Cots and a lounge sofa. TV was small and limited channels were available. There was NO Free Internet, which was very disappointing for me. The breakfast varitiey was awesome. Happy to see a toilet with water gun, a rare scene outside India. There was no kettle or coffee maker available.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2010

I agree with the travellers that having a seat while you check in is quite nice but you don't spend your time in reception!
I stayed here for 6 nights while on a business trip. The rooms are quite basic and dated, They are comfortable but nothing special. Dont expect an early night as it is on the flight path to the airport

I ventured up to the Fitness centre and the running machines have seen better days. once again it is ok but nothing special. I did not dare to set foot in what they called the Swimming pool, I have seem bigger corner baths, it was dirty and not very appealing!

The internet as in most hotels in Brazil is slow and drops connection.

The music in the lifts is a but irritaling when the lift decdes to wait on your floor with the doors open blaring music into the hallway.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
Redwood City, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2008

I stayed here for six nights while attending a conference. Sitting at the desk while checking is a refreshing change and makes me feel like I'm not buying fast food. The same staff member did the check out six days later, and still knew my name!
But, best of all, my 'chambermaid' noticed that I purchased and ate chocolate every night. My last night I came back to the room to find a hand written note, hoping I had enjoyed my stay AND a one pound box of chocolate. I suppose some might find that too nosy for someone to notice that I left chocolate on the desk and wrappers in the trash every day, but the gift they left was _very_ good chocolate.
Thank you SirLeide, whoever you are.
The room was spacious and prefect for a business traveler. Perhaps somewhat utilitarian for some. The price was quite good, friends at my conference in other hotels were paying 2-3x what I was paying even with their 'corporate rate'. The one downside is this hotel isn't right next to anything, but it's a reasonable walk to the trade center or metro line, or a reasonable cab ride to the park.

• Liked — Staff
  • Disliked — Location
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)