“Good quality, location and facilities”

Hilton Sao Paulo Morumbi
Ranked #11 of 326 Hotels in Sao Paulo
Reviewed 19 October 2013

I stayed here two nights as part of a business trip. We choose this location as it is close to our Affiliate (which you need to consider in the big crowded Sao Paulo). It's a new and upscale Hilton as expected in other big cities. People are friendly. I tried only one of the on-site restaurants (on the second floor) which had a fine and tasty food option with good wines (from Chile and Argentina of course). Rooms have a nice working area (remember this was a business trip). Beds and bathrooms have good size.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Hilton_Morumbi, General Manager Assistant at Hilton Sao Paulo Morumbi, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

Dear jpllanos,

Thanks for such a good review about us. Our location and staff is the Hilton Morumbi differential.

We are very glad that you have enjoyed our restaurant, allow me to invite you in your next time to try a Brazilian wine at Canvas Restaurant, we offer more than 100 Brazilian wine labels, it`s impossible not appreciate it.

We hope to host you again in our hotel.

Best regards,

There are newer reviews for Hilton Sao Paulo Morumbi

Reviewed 8 October 2013

Problems started with checkin where attendant had the wrong rate due to a computer glitch and insisted I sign the checkin sheet with the wrong rate. Room upgrade for Gold was denied and lounge access denied. Last day the housekeeper was harassing me upon leaving the room immediately and even entered my room as I was naked preparing for a bath. Towels in the bathroom looked they were 3 to 4 years old and looked more like they belong to a one star hotel. Terrible stay, terrible service,terrible hotel, stay away from the Hilton Morumbi Sao Paulo !!

Room Tip: Stay away from this hotel @!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank accorhotel

Dear accorhotel,

Thank you very much for your review about us!

As a Gold member of our loyalty program your opinion is very important to measure the quality of our services.

I am deeply sorry if we didn’t match with your expectations this time, I will share your comments with the hotel’s management team and with Mr. Patricio Alvarez, our General Manager.
Regarding the upgrade, honors members are our Top priority but it stills depends on availability.

I really hope you give us another chance to show you the real Hilton hospitality, if you need any other help, please feel free to contact me at giovana.dornelles@hilton.com.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 5 October 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights. Room is clean and interior decoration is nice.

I ordered room service for breakfast on a Saturday, it took 1hr 20mins to arrive. I had to call the guest services and they did not even know what I ordered! When the food came, the eggs were cold and over cooked. The room service staff did not understand me when I tried to explain to her that the food is not up to expectations. Guest services did not understand me too when I called them to interpret.

It took another hour to have the food replaced. This is really terrible!

Hotel is great but please have more English proficient staffs!

• Stayed: October 2013

Dear moonyyy,

Thanks a lot for your review about us!

I have no words to apologize the lack of service in delivering your meal. Due to being a high-end restaurant service delivered at your room, our hotel has a standard that needs to be respected.

I assure you that it is not the quality of service that we cherish in Hilton Morumbi. I hope you give us another chance to host you and change your impression.

If you need any further help, please contact me at giovana.dornelles@hilton.com.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 1 October 2013

I stay here every time I'm in SP for work and (for better or worse!) usually find myself in the the company of fellow business-folk who've traveled with me on the same flight from NYC. The rooms are large and well decorated. The beds are extremely comfy. WiFi is so-so but frankly the best you are going to get in Brazil anyway. The hotel itself is in a good area and the hotel staff are extremely helpful. Front desk staff is fluent in English. Well recommended for business trips.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Dear Bcatgal,

It is very nice to know that you had a pleasant stay! Thank you very much for your review!

As I see you are always travelling on business, allow me to invite you to come to São Paulo for leisure and enjoy the tourism and gastronomy that we offer. I am sure that you will relax at our Amazonian SPA and have a totally different experience at our Canvas Restaurant.

We also appreciate your loyalty to Hilton Morumbi, if you need any further assistance or for reservations, please feel free to contact me at giovana.dornelles@hilton.com.

Have a wonderful day!

Best Regards,

Reviewed 30 September 2013

This is probably the best hotel I have ever stayed at. Price is a little steep but well worth it considering the quality of this hotel. If you get access to the executive lounge, the view at the top is amazing!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed 29 September 2013

If you need to stay nereby Berrini Av this is a good option. Located in WTC complex this is my choose in the region. The bedrooms are almost new and well decorated. You can have dinner at Hotel restaurant or just go to WTC with several options. Staff is ok, aligned to Hilton standards. This is always my option compared to Sheraton and Gran Estamplaza (both near). Beware just of the traffic if you need to go out on a Friday afternoon: Berrini and Marginal are usually blocked.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Hilton_Morumbi, General Manager Assistant at Hilton Sao Paulo Morumbi, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Dear RafaToledo,

I can see that you are a big fan of our city and come to São Paulo very often. I really appreciate your loyalty and preference for Hilton Morumbi!

I totally agree about the traffic, but unfortunately nowadays you will face it in many areas of the city. This is the reason that we also offer some leisure options inside the hotel, we have 03 different restaurants, a nice and well equipped Gym are and a comfortable SPA to relax. I hope you had the opportunity to visit those places while you were staying with us.

Thanks a lot for your review and to share your experience with us!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 29 September 2013

First of all, let me say that I have done my fair share of traveling. Not the most on this Tripadvisor's community, but certainly not the least. This was my first time ever to South America. I can say that I honestly don't know what to expect in a Brazil hotel, but I can compare with my experiences in all other 3-5 star hotels globally. Plus, I've paid over $400 for this Hilton, I would expect great things.....

Even though it took me about 1 hr 15 min to get to hotel from GRU airport, I heard that time is actually really good. So no complaint there. But Thursday night took me 2 hr 10 min to get to airport, which was a long time. Of all my travels, I have never spent over 1.5 hr on the road to airport. But people have told me even 3-4 hours is not uncommon. So this is just FYI, not about the hotel. It's the traffic in Sao Paulo that is so terrible, and its infrastructure.

The GOOD

The hotel looks pretty new. I don't know how old it is, but looks new, and modern. It has a stone/concrete look. It is located in the middle of the business district. The World Trade Center next to it. We had a tradeshow at the Transamerica Expo center, and with little traffic, it's only 15 min from hotel. That was a good thing. Though one day took us nearly 40 min because the traffic was so bad. So relative to our purpose (venue), the location was good.

Room itself was nice. Simple and clean, not big but not small. It has a work station, which was really nice. This maybe the first hotel that I've seen with a work station. Of course other hotels which don't have a work station you can still work on the desk.

There is a shopping center right underneath (or next to it). Just take the elevator down to 1S and you are there. I always like to stay in a hotel with a mall attached. Since I'm not familiar with the surrounding areas, I didn't go out in the evenings here. The attached mall is not big, however. Can you believe in a shopping mall, there is only 1 men's clothing store? A very small one. There are many furniture stores, carpet/tile stores, kitchen appliance stores....etc. There are many restaurants. I ate at Barbacoa in the mall, which was highly recommended Brazilian steak house and it was good. So its good to have an attached mall, just don't expect much.

There is another much bigger mall 20 min walking distance from Hilton. I walked there in 20 min, just a straight and simple walk. If you have few hours to kill, I would highly recommend you go there. I think the mall is called Morumi Shopping Mall. Just ask concierge and get a map. Its simple.

The staff was generally friendly. I asked many questions at the concierge desk and this one guy (Alexander) and the tall woman (sorry I forgot her name) were very helpful and friendly.

There are a lot of TV channels, though mostly in Portuguese. There is a channel that plays "men's favorite soft style" at night. Got it?

The BAD and the UGLY

This is why I am only giving a 3 star. I see people give 5 stars and I really don't understand why.

Expensive. People already mentioned this many times. I paid over $400 a night. I've stayed at many 5-star hotels in Asia that are much better and they are not $400 a night. It's just too expensive..... and below issues.

No 2 free bottles of water in room. Others have mentioned this too. I checked and couldn't find it so I called front desk, they say only gold (or whatever) members get free water. There is a bottle to purchase for BRL17. Unbelievable. You can go to the attached mall and buy for much less.

No shaving razors. No tooth brush. No 2 pairs of slippers. I was shocked to not finding those things in room. Its ridiculous. I called and they gave me shaving razor and slippers. Again, for a $400 5-star hotel, its just shocking to me.

Spa closes at 10PM. I am used to spa closing like 1 or 2AM. I didn't find the price list in my room so I went up just few minutes past 10PM and find it closed. After dinner, I would only get back to hotel after 9:30 or 10PM. The spa closes way too early.

For all above issues, you can tell me that this is just how hotel is in Sao Paulo. OK, maybe... then perhaps I want to try other hotels just to see, if I ever come back to Sao Paulo again.

Breakfast was terrible. I counted only 4 hot food servers/covers, located by the wall to the left as you enter. I had breakfast there 3 mornings. I tried to see if I missed counting any, but I could not find any more hot food servers. If anyone else can tell me otherwise, please advise. From right to left, 1st hot food was waffle with chocolate; 2nd was tomato and hash brown; 3rd was bacon and sausage; I don't remember the 4th. Also I didnt see any "local flare" in the choices. I mean, every country I've been, they always the western style, and their local foods. There was eggs benedict by the omelet station. I believe that was it. There were plenty of bread and desert choices. Also enough fruits. But I recall sometimes they don't put orange juice there. The "orange looking" juice was mango, and the server walks around with OJ in her hands to pour to you. If you want OJ immediately, I guess you have to track her down. The omelet also took a long time to cook. Compare this breakfast with any of the 5-star hotels I've stayed at (from my other reviews), this breakfast is terrible, lacking varieties, totally unacceptable for a 5-star $400 hotel.

All in all, if you are ok with all above issues and price is no object to you, then certainly stay here.

I would not stay here again, if I ever come to Sao Paulo again. At least, I will want to try other similar properties at similar prices, then to see if what I experienced at the Hilton is Hilton-specific or in all Sao Paulo hotels.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business