“Excellent choice every time”

Hilton Sao Paulo Morumbi
Ranked #11 of 326 Hotels in Sao Paulo
Reviewed 12 November 2013

I have stayed at this hotel a couple of times and it has always been an excellent choice. The rooms are very well appointed, nice modern furniture, lighting, noise-proof windows, nice shower and very clean above all. I have never had a complain about this hotel and is located in the business district of Morumbi/Novo Brooklin. The only thing I don't like about the hotel is they don't have free WiFi, which should be a must for the rate they charge on weekdays

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Hilton_Morumbi, General Manager Assistant at Hilton Sao Paulo Morumbi, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Dear stellarsupreme,

I am glad to see that you had a nice experience with us!

I really appreciate your preference to Hilton Morumbi and your comments.

Allow me to inform that we have another room category with internet included, complimentary breakfast and access to a private Executive Lounge. Next time, I recommend the Executive Rooms, I am sure that you will not regret!
We also offer free access to internet at the social areas: Living Well (GYM), Executive Lounge, Lobby and Restaurants.

We are looking forward to have you back!

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 10 November 2013

I am a gold member of HH, and stayed in the Hilton Sao Paulo form the 4th of November to the 8th.
The rooms are not bad, but for the price you pay the service in reception and all other sevices are terrible.
There is never room for upgrade and the reception information is very bad, if you are willing to pay such a fee stay in the other 5 stars Hotels in Sao Paulo

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Jacques O
Hilton_Morumbi, General Manager Assistant at Hilton Sao Paulo Morumbi, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Dear Jacques O,

Thank you very much for being part of our loyalty program! It is very important for us to know your opinion.

I am quite surprised to know about your experience and very sorry to hear about it! We do apologize if we did not match with your expectation this time.

Upgrades are upon availability and HH guests are our top priority for that. I really hope you give us another chance to show our real hospitality and service.

We are looking forward to welcome you back!

Regards,

Reviewed 8 November 2013

I have stayed at this hotel twice in the last 8 months and have had an equally positive experience each time. The location is among the safest in SP, though it is not especially close to the attractions (such as they are). Rooms are modern, clean and reasonably spacious. IMPORTANT TIP - book an executive/club room if one is available. Having such a room gets you into the executive club, which lays on tea, coffee and soft drinks all day and also a full breakfast in the morning and food in the evening (more than a snack but not quite a full meal). All this is included in the price of your room, so you can save a lot of money on food and drinks this way. That said, the main restaurant on the ground floor puts on some of the best buffets I have ever seen for breakfast and lunch, so you might want to experience those while you are there. They also have a fine dining restaurant (Canvas), which serves outstanding food at outstanding prices.

One final thing for the business traveller. In the club lounge, they have 2 conference rooms, each seating around 12 people. If you stay in a club room, you are able to book these rooms for a maximum of 2 hours at no additional cost. I have done this both times I have stayed there. It is incredibly convenient and saves me a fortune in office rentals.

Room Tip: Book an executive/club room. The food and drink benefits in the club lounge are well worth it.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Dear CJWWW,

Wow! Thanks for such a nice review!

I am very glad to know that you had a good and consistent experience with us.

You are totally right about the executive rooms, they are the best choice because it gives you access to the Executive Lounge, complimentary internet and breakfast and Happy Hour every evening. Not mention the exclusive meeting room for 02 hours.

We really appreciate your opinion regarding the restaurants. I hope you had time to also enjoy the Living Well Healthy Club and our pool.

It is always a pleasure to welcome you at our property!

Best Regards,

Reviewed 3 November 2013

Very nice hotel in terms of location and proximity to a shopping mall and restaurants. Gym is modern. However, customer service is marginal. Most hotels in Sao Paolo give two bottles of water complimentary each day to guests. This hotels provides nothing (except for two bottles at the beginning for Hilton Silver members and above). Elevator noise was significant in my room. Breakfast is New York city priced at $30 per person. Gym is modern -- but also has many "external" members -- so it is very crowded at night. Cleaning clothes through the laundry is significantly more costly than other hotels in Sao Paulo. In short, the hotel has substantial potential but is run to maximize profit and appears to be losing sight of their customer base. Items like complimentary water each day should be provided. Breakfast should be more reasonably priced. Laundry services should be closer to Sao Paulo benchmarks. Further, when the bathroom was left as dirty as it was -- the hotel could have offered a free drink at the bar or some small concession (most hotels do). Following the pattern mentioned above -- no action aside from cleaning the room was taken.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Hilton_Morumbi, General Manager Assistant at Hilton Sao Paulo Morumbi, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2013

Dear Steve R,

We appreciated you took some part of your time to contribute with our continuously development process through your review.

It is very hard to see that you didn’t have a comfortable experience this time. I am sorry for all the inconveniences you faced during your stay.

Allow me to explain that São Paulo is an expensive city and our prices are aligned with the market and region. I also apologize for the cleanliness of your bathroom. I assure that it is not part of our standard and brand quality.

Again, it is extremely helpful your opinion, I will share your comments with the management team and the general manager, Mr. Patricio Alvarez.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

Hotel is very good all around. I was staying here for a business meeting so the location was perfect. However, if I had chosen this as a tourist and a base to explore the city, it would have been a big mistake. You need to take a taxi or public transport to get anywhere and see anything of interest. I walked around the area on Saturday morning and it was like a ghost town. Most of the shops were closed. From what I can tell, his area of the city is clearly for businesses only.

Bottom line: great for the business traveller (assuming you have business in the local area) but a poor choice for tourists.

Stayed: November 2013
Hilton_Morumbi, General Manager Assistant at Hilton Sao Paulo Morumbi, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Dear PaulH57,

Thanks a lot for your review about Hilton Morumbi!
We are happy to know that our location was favorable for the meetings during your stay with us.

Most of our guests come to São Paulo with your purpose because we are inside the business district. But we are also very close to good neighborhoods and just about 20 minutes from Paulista Ave, one of the most famous city attractions.

If you don’t like to take a cab, the train station is 15 minutes walking and there are several bus stops around as well.

Next time you should try to come on vacations, our concierge team will be glad to welcome you back!

Reviewed 26 October 2013

I was very impressed with the service on entering the hotel. Very happy with the room I was given which also had like a nice office working area. Bed was great, the bathroom excellent. I have no complaints with the room and I was so happy to see there was a gym on the top floor. Very happy and certainly would stay there again with no problem. Always love the Hilton no matter where I travel UK, USA, Canada, Jamaica I know what to expect from the hotel chain

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 October 2013

If you are particular about food, forget about staying at this hotel, unless you order room service. Fitness Center - OK Restaurant - go somewhere else Room-service - good - better choice than the hotel Internet charges - OUTRAGEOUS if you are staying there for a whole week for business.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Hilton_Morumbi, General Manager Assistant at Hilton Sao Paulo Morumbi, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Dear Marlen C,

First I would like to apologize for any inconvenience that you faced during your experience. Thank you for sharing your opinion with other Tripadvisors. I’m happy that you had the chance to enjoy our Fitness Center even though that your travel purpose was business. We praise good service and sophistication in-Room dining, because we are delivering a gastronomy experience inside your room.

We appreciate your comments about the internet and the restaurants and the management team is already aware of your review.

We hope to see you again soon.

Greetings,