“Hilton vs Hyatt”

Ranked #11 of 321 Hotels in Sao Paulo
Glenbrook, Nevada
“Hilton vs Hyatt”
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed here while on a business trip to São Paulo. Clean comfortable rooms, laundry done when promised, good gym, everything you need. Pool is inky indoors so if you have a trailing spouse they may not work on their tan. Close to business district, and good security.

I've been in São Paulo several days for the last three weeks. I stayed in the Hilton the first two and the Hyatt this week.

Stay at the Hyatt if..........
You like great lobbies. The Hilton looks like they had to make the lobby work rather than designing it. The lobby is small and you have to walk around the check in desk to get to the elevators

You like a bath to relax. The Hyatt has great soaking tubs. The Hilton has some rooms with only showers and others with tubs but the tubs are smaller.

You want to use the spa. The Hyatt has a nice spa that looks like a spa. The Hilton uses an upper floor that has no spa feel.

Stay at the Hilton if........
You are a gym rat. The Hilton has outsourced their gym to a Health Club company. They admit locals who create more of a gym vibe. Nothing worse than working out all by yourself at 7:00. The Hilton is full but I never had to wait on a machine.

If you eat in the hotel at night. Canvas Resturant is far superior to the lobby Resturant in the Hyatt (see below). Additionally the Hilton sits atop an underground mall so you can walk there in a completely safe environment.

If you work in your room during the day. The Hyatt has an adequate desk like a normal hotel room. The Hilton has a desk about six feet long. While you look past your bed, you still get a view of outside which is nice. In the Hyatt your back is to the window.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank B Keith B
Hilton_Morumbi, General Manager Assistant at Hilton Sao Paulo Morumbi, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear B Keith B,

Thank you very much for your review!

I am glad to see that you had a nice experience with us and you could enjoy our gym and Canvas Restaurant.

The Living Well Health Club is a full service gym with classes, top notch equipment, an indoor pool, sauna and a relaxing SPA area.

Our executive Chef, Fabio Boschero, just updated the Canvas Restaurant Menu. Next time, I recommend you to try our Mushroom Risotto with Foie Gras. It is simply unforgettable!

We are looking forward to have you back! Please, let me know if you need any help or further reservations, my e-mail is giovana.dornelles@hilton.com.

Within Regards,

Giovana Dornelles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Sao Jose Dos Campos, SP
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

Hotel staff very well prepared to accomodate non-Portuguese speaking clients. Great restaurants, with a rich breakfast - great pastry, lots and lots of fruits, "pão de queijo", Brazilian cakes, etc. Rooms with a lot of space with view to an astonishing bridge. Free wifi was unavailable, unfortunately.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Hilton_Morumbi, General Manager Assistant at Hilton Sao Paulo Morumbi, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear BrunoRBM,

Thanks a lot for such a nice review!

The Sol & Sombra restaurant offers a delicious full breakfast pleasing all types (and nationalities) of taste. The traditional cheese rolls (pão de queijo) is the biggest hit among visitors!

Allow me to inform that we have complimentary internet in our public areas, like restaurants, gym, lobby and coffee shop.

Thank you once again!

Sincerely, Giovana Dornelles
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 31 May 2014

My husband and I stayed one night for business and it was a very good option. Room was small but very clean, nice bathtub with separate shower. Breakfast we great, lots of options. The bed was okay, could have been better for the price. Bedding and towels were not as nice as the other Hiltons we've stated at. Good location and staff was very pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Hilton_Morumbi, General Manager Assistant at Hilton Sao Paulo Morumbi, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear stephhatchman,

Thank you very much for your comments regarding your last experience in our Hotel!

Our breakfast have more several types of national fruits and a squeeze machine that you can prepare yourself a natural juice. We also offer omelets cooked to order and tapioca, a Brazilian traditional tortilla.

We are pleased to know that our staff and facilities made your trip more favorable. We are looking forward for your next visit!

Kindest Regards, Giovana Dornelles
Princeton, New Jersey
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I was there for just one night on business but this hotel is overall very nice.
For the ones with access to the Executive Lounge the view is really nice and the service is good and you can have a full meal served to you.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
San Jose, CA
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I was in Sao Paulo on business in April 2014 for six days and wanted to stay here for the whole time. However, due to a conference in the area, the Hilton was fully booked. I managed to stay here for two days of my trip however and it was an excellent experience. Very good quality in rooms, service and amenities. Safe walking distance to malls and a number of business venues housing international companies. The gym and the indoor pool was great as well. Certainly would consider Hilton Murumbi again.
The price of course for the property is high, but its a great spot for business.

miami, florida
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Attended Hospitalar tradeshow in Sao Paulo, week of May 19th. Stayed at Hilton due to previous great experience 3 years ago. The hotel is in a great location in Morumbi; even though Sao Paulo is a LARGE city, staying at the Hilton was vert pleasant, great facilities, great staff.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear papm72,

Thanks a lot for your review about Hilton Morumbi!

We are happy to know that our location and staff was favorable during your stay with us.

Allow me to invite you to come to São Paulo for leisure next time. I am sure that you will enjoy the tourism and gastronomy that we offer.

We also appreciate your loyalty to Hilton Morumbi, if you need any further assistance or for reservations, please feel free to contact me at giovana.dornelles@hilton.com.

Have a wonderful day! Giovana Dornelles
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 26 May 2014

The hotel from a comfort and convenience level is average. The problem I always experience is the quality of the staff training, they always seem to think they are better than you. For example, I stayed here several times, and I have status with Hilton, but they never allow me access to the lounge area, their excuse is always "Sir we are all sold out on the executive floor". I know they are not sold out b/c the hotel is half empty. Then if you have the luggage, the bell boys see you wrestling with it from the Taxi but they never offer to help you with it. Instead, they just stand at the door looking at you. Then anything is overpriced from this hotel, such as the 20USD Hamburger that comes with no Fries!!! Or the "service delivery" charge for the room service. Many times I found that the hotel plays with the price and when I question it, they look at me as if I am an alien and their response is ""Oh sir this includes taxes!" My advice if you ever go there, just watch out for small "fees" and sold out executive floors!

Room Tip: Ha....I think the rooms here are all the same.
1 Thank World T
Hilton_Morumbi, General Manager Assistant at Hilton Sao Paulo Morumbi, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear World T,

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments.

I am really sorry to know that we didn’t achieve your expectations this time. As a member of our loyalty program, you are among our most valued customers.
Our Executive Team is reviewing your comments to ensure they are used to improve our guest's experience.

Please, do not hesitate in contacting me if I can assist you with anything or if you desire to tell me more about your impression.

We hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

Sincerely, Giovana Dornelles