“Best Hotel in Latin America”

Hilton Sao Paulo Morumbi
Ranked #11 of 326 Hotels in Sao Paulo
Reviewed 3 July 2014

the hilton morumbi is by far the best hotel that i have stayed in all of latin america. i have traveling internationally since 2000 and have yet found a hotel in latin america with the value proposition that the hilton morumbi brings. a must stay for business or pleasure when visiting sao paulo

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Emerson A
Hilton_Morumbi, General Manager Assistant at Hilton Sao Paulo Morumbi, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear Emerson A,

Thanks a lot for such a nice review!

It is gratifying to know that an expert traveler enjoyed our hotel so much! Your classification has been shared with the staff members and department heads.

We will be waiting for your next visit!

All the best, Giovana Dornelles

There are newer reviews for Hilton Sao Paulo Morumbi

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Exceptionally great time at the hotel during the current FIFA world cup. A very busy time but the staff handled the pressure extremely well and professionally. The breakfast is to die for and is a must during your stay. Great variety of options to choose from which kept it interesting each day despite a long stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I was in this hotel and it is good in terms of stay 2 o 3 nights, specially for business, nevertheless during my last stay I was charged for a coconut water that I never drank!

My flight was at 6AM and I have to check out soon, the lady just clarified what was the bar items consumed, but did never analyzed my statement "I never touch the minibar", so she just only smiled and insisted to charge the bottle.

The worst thing was Hilton Honnors customer support said it will be eliminated from my credit card and never happened! Finally there are about 6 elevators and they failed 3 times during my stay... a lot of technology there but it is crazy to wait 6 elevators locked at once.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Edgar M

Dear Edgar M,

We appreciated you took some part of your time to contribute with our continuously development process through your review.

As you requested at the Hilton Honors desk, our front office manager is double checking your refund case. Please accept our apologies for this inconvenience and thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.

If you need any other help, please let me know. My e-mail address is giovana.dornelles@hilton.com.

We are at your disposal. Best Regards, Giovana Dornelles

Reviewed 29 June 2014

To preface, the hotel is quite nice. The rooms are big, with a comfortable working area and large bathrooms. We are Hilton Honors Gold so we were looking to stay at the branded hotel when in Sao Paulo. Luckily, the hotel is walking distance to my boyfriends Sao Paulo office but unfortunately quite far from anything else. It's a shame that the brand doesn't have any more central hotels, especially since this one is so nice. This particular hotel, though far from the central areas is still very expensive.

I had written an email stating that we were arriving early (~9am) and whether we could have an early check in, explaining that we are HHonors Gold. The manager wrote back within 48hrs and I was told it'd be half a nights rate to do so. We had nowhere to go and wanted to leave bags so we headed to the hotel anyway. We tried our luck and they did let us check in without a fee, but only because we were members.

It is about R$30-40 for a cab into the central areas and R$170-180 to the international airport, so be prepared to have expenses. The public transportation is okay during the week. Be prepared to transfer at least twice between the rail and the metro.

Breakfast at the hotel was good, they have the same spread everyday, so it may get boring if you're staying for longer than a few days.

All in all, I would stay here again but only because of the loyalty to the brand.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear TravelGal418,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience with us and the others TripAdvisors!

We are sorry that you were not completely satisfied with your stay. The Hilton Morumbi is located in a business area, but you can also find some good restaurants and two big malls around us. São Paulo is a huge city and most of the time you will have to take a cab or public transportation to reach the places.

I am glad to hear that we could offer you the early arrival without any fees. The early check-in is upon availability and we were with a high occupancy because of the events in the country.

Thanks for being a Hilton Honors member, we look forward to welcome you back!

Kindest Regards, Giovana Dornelles

Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Perhaps the fact it was full because of the world cup is largely behind this rating but great hotels should cope with such events. Laundry service was especially slow. All in all it's a nice hotel with comfortable rooms which have a great working space.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest - -,

We appreciate your availability for writing a review about our hotel!

I am really sorry to know that we didn’t achieve your expectations this time. Our Executive Team is reviewing your comments to ensure they are used to improve our guest's experience.

Allow me to invite you to come to São Paulo for leisure next time. I am sure that you will enjoy the tourism and gastronomy that we offer.

We are waiting for your return!

Sincerely, Giovana Dornelles

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Well I am a Hilton man when on travel. I live this hotel, the room was great as always with the King size bed. Great decor and I like the desk area which I do use for work. Lovely bathroom. The breakfast is very good and the staff are friendly.

The only problem I had this time was that I had to call maintenance twice the water ran cold. I came to realize because I was on the 26th floor that the water took about 3 minutes to run hot. Well that's I was told so that was the only drawback and I've stayed here on 4 previous occasions lower down and had in issues.

I recommend the hotel, I love it and will always stay here when visiting or passing through São Paulo

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Mr_John_C300S,

Thank you for letting us know how much you enjoyed your stay at our hotel!

The rooms are designed especially for guests who came to São Paulo on business, the work station is a great facility to work or read comfortably.

I am truly sorry about the inconvenience with the shower. Your case has been addressed to the Engineering Manager and the proper corrective actions have been put in place.

Thank you very much for recommend us and for your loyalty to Hilton Morumbi!

We are looking forward to have you back.

Best Regards, Giovana Dornelles

Reviewed 26 June 2014

If possible I stay in Hilton hotels when I travel on business and overall I like this hotel. The room had two single beds which I learned is standard in Brazil so I was willing to adapt to that. The room was large and the desk area was well lit and spacious.

The front desk staff were very friendly and the concierge arranged our taxis every day without any problems. The underground mall provided numerous restaurants with excellent dining. Definitely try the tambaqui - best fish you've ever eaten.

My two knocks against the hotel are 1) I thought the room was rather dark. There was a reading chair but no floor lamp so trying to read there was impossible. Sitting at the desk is not the most comfortable place to read a book but it was the only spot in the room with adequate lighting. 2) I was traveling with two coworkers and our corporate travel company negotiated $150USD per night. Upon checkout, we were each charged over $600USD per night. Fortunately, I always carry my itinerary which showed the corporate rate and it was eventually straightened out.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear axel57,

Thank you very much for writing about Hilton Morumbi. It is very good to see that you enjoyed the hospitality of our staff and your accommodation.

I am sorry for your impression regarding the lights in your room and also for the misunderstood with your bill at the check-out, I will forward your review to the department heads. We really appreciate your opinion and help to improve our services.

Thanks a lot for your comprehension and loyalty in our brand!

We hope to see you shortly!

Regards, Giovana Dornelles