“Lovely Hotel - Ideal for Businessmen”

Hilton Sao Paulo Morumbi
Ranked #11 of 327 Hotels in Sao Paulo
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Great hotel with good amenities. The staff are wondeful and the rooms are advanced and very clean. Seems tailored for traveling businessmen though. Not super close to restaurants/bars. They are a short cab ride away though.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Write a ReviewReviews (2,886)

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Stayed here with a friend for a couple of nights in June, in an executive twin room, in order to catch a World Cup game. The room (particularly the bathroom) was a bit larger than I would expect from a city hotel, modern, clean, and had a nice view over the bridge.

The lounge was very nice, has friendly and helpful staff, and is definitely worth the small upgrade cost on a standard room, particularly if you're going to be around there for the snacks and drinks.

The Hotel location is not great. It was more than an hour from the Corinthians Stadium, and a good half an hour's travel from anywhere else we went for bars/restaurants in SP during our stay. So unless you're a business traveller with appointments nearby, I can't see much to recommend by the location.

Service in the reception area on the ground floor is woefully slow and undermanned. The front desk had two people on duty each time I made use of their services, and that was clearly not enough to efficiently deal with demand. The concierge desk had at most one person on duty, and seemed to be unmanned as often as not. On one occasion I spent more than half an hour standing around in queues in reception in order to borrow a convertor for a power adaptor... (fixed in a few seconds once I got attention)

I also dislike their pricing policy, where I paid an arm and a leg for an early booking (booked immediately upon confirmation of WC tickets - about 3 months prior to stay), and then found I could have saved over a thousand Real on my stay by booking just before arrival instead...

The gym at the hotel is very well equipped, and has a nice pool you actually can do laps in. But a small investment in a spin dryer for the swimming shorts in the changing room would be welcome, and they could easily crank up the sauna temperature a lot. I almost felt like I was sitting in a normal room where they'd just turned off the AC...

Only had one quick drink at the hotel bar, so I can't pass much judgement on the bar/restaurant at the hotel.

In general the hotel feels like an industrial, standardised chain hotel without much charm or atmosphere.

Room Tip: Get an executive room. The price difference is minimal, and saves the headache of complaining about...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Saltcreep
Hilton_Morumbi, General Manager Assistant at Hilton Sao Paulo Morumbi, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear Saltcreep,

We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we're very sorry you were not completely satisfied with your experience.
São Paulo is a big city with a consistent traffic, the stadium is quite far because it is located almost in another city called Guarulhos.

We are also glad to see that you liked the comfort of your room and the hospitality of the Executive Lounge Team. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience.

Again, thank you very much for your review!

Sincerely, Giovana Dornelles

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Great hotel -- rooms are spacious, bathroom well appointed, air conditioner worked very well. Good location close to the interesting Octavio Frias de Oliveira bridge - and the Executive Lounge offers great views of the bridge as well as excellent and attentive service throughout my various stays

Room Tip: Executive Rooms with access to a great Executive Lounge
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 July 2014

the hilton morumbi is by far the best hotel that i have stayed in all of latin america. i have traveling internationally since 2000 and have yet found a hotel in latin america with the value proposition that the hilton morumbi brings. a must stay for business or pleasure when visiting sao paulo

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Emerson A

Dear Emerson A,

Thanks a lot for such a nice review!

It is gratifying to know that an expert traveler enjoyed our hotel so much! Your classification has been shared with the staff members and department heads.

We will be waiting for your next visit!

All the best, Giovana Dornelles

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Exceptionally great time at the hotel during the current FIFA world cup. A very busy time but the staff handled the pressure extremely well and professionally. The breakfast is to die for and is a must during your stay. Great variety of options to choose from which kept it interesting each day despite a long stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I was in this hotel and it is good in terms of stay 2 o 3 nights, specially for business, nevertheless during my last stay I was charged for a coconut water that I never drank!

My flight was at 6AM and I have to check out soon, the lady just clarified what was the bar items consumed, but did never analyzed my statement "I never touch the minibar", so she just only smiled and insisted to charge the bottle.

The worst thing was Hilton Honnors customer support said it will be eliminated from my credit card and never happened! Finally there are about 6 elevators and they failed 3 times during my stay... a lot of technology there but it is crazy to wait 6 elevators locked at once.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Edgar M

Dear Edgar M,

We appreciated you took some part of your time to contribute with our continuously development process through your review.

As you requested at the Hilton Honors desk, our front office manager is double checking your refund case. Please accept our apologies for this inconvenience and thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.

If you need any other help, please let me know. My e-mail address is giovana.dornelles@hilton.com.

We are at your disposal. Best Regards, Giovana Dornelles

Reviewed 29 June 2014

To preface, the hotel is quite nice. The rooms are big, with a comfortable working area and large bathrooms. We are Hilton Honors Gold so we were looking to stay at the branded hotel when in Sao Paulo. Luckily, the hotel is walking distance to my boyfriends Sao Paulo office but unfortunately quite far from anything else. It's a shame that the brand doesn't have any more central hotels, especially since this one is so nice. This particular hotel, though far from the central areas is still very expensive.

I had written an email stating that we were arriving early (~9am) and whether we could have an early check in, explaining that we are HHonors Gold. The manager wrote back within 48hrs and I was told it'd be half a nights rate to do so. We had nowhere to go and wanted to leave bags so we headed to the hotel anyway. We tried our luck and they did let us check in without a fee, but only because we were members.

It is about R$30-40 for a cab into the central areas and R$170-180 to the international airport, so be prepared to have expenses. The public transportation is okay during the week. Be prepared to transfer at least twice between the rail and the metro.

Breakfast at the hotel was good, they have the same spread everyday, so it may get boring if you're staying for longer than a few days.

All in all, I would stay here again but only because of the loyalty to the brand.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear TravelGal418,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience with us and the others TripAdvisors!

We are sorry that you were not completely satisfied with your stay. The Hilton Morumbi is located in a business area, but you can also find some good restaurants and two big malls around us. São Paulo is a huge city and most of the time you will have to take a cab or public transportation to reach the places.

I am glad to hear that we could offer you the early arrival without any fees. The early check-in is upon availability and we were with a high occupancy because of the events in the country.

Thanks for being a Hilton Honors member, we look forward to welcome you back!

Kindest Regards, Giovana Dornelles