“Good hotel in a chaotic city”

Grand Hyatt Sao Paulo
Ranked #5 of 323 Hotels in Sao Paulo
Santiago, Chile
“Good hotel in a chaotic city”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013

I stayed here because of a Conference. The hotel was very good, except they are in renovations so some areas are closed and during the day could be a little noisy.
Service was very good, and selection of food is good at breakfast.
The city is highly chaotic, in special the traffic ... and even though the hotel is "close" to the financial sector, it could take time to reach your destination .... and the trip to the airport is an history on its own ... 2 hours is the norm and be prepared!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank C V
Hyatt_SP_Management, Gerente geral at Grand Hyatt Sao Paulo, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind review. It was a pleasure to read that we could host you with comfort during your stay with us during the conference you attended. I apologize for the inconvenience experienced during the first days as São Paulo experiences quite intense traffic during peak hours, and the journey to other locations can actually feel much longer at these times. Our team of concierges can help with traffic advice in the city. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Grand Hyatt São Paulo soon.

Thierry Guillot – General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Korean first
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

I feel a little sad that I have to leave after I spent three wonderful nights at Grand Hyatt Sao Paulo.

It's all start with free upgraded to the coolest room. Thanks to the front desk stuff who recognize my dimaond memeberhip and send me straight to 2217, the top level corner with with two gitantic floor-to-ceiling window overlook Sao Paul skylights and the cool bridget that I don't know name. And the bathroom is the not the biggest and or the fanciest I have seen, but it's very well appoionted and feels cozy yet spacious.

Club lounge on the 20th floor never feel crowded, food, snack and beverage are adaquate, breakfast and evening cocktail are pretty good too.

Wi-fi is not the fastest, but reliable and good for regular business duties. The gym is very good sized, with seperate rooms for weights and cardios. I didn't use the pool.

Everyone works here are professional, attentive and eager to help. From the bellman, front desk, Lounge manager/wait stuff to the technician that come to fix the lights fixture in my room.

I didn't order any room service, but the housekeeping are superb, they come multiple times and slipped the notes that telling me if need housekeeping anytime, just call them. And come at night to make bed for me, and fold all my clothes like my mom :-)

Hotel also offer free daily laundry for two pieces, I ddin't use the service.

There are about 30 TV channel, all different language, even include a Chinese Channel.

And the Air Conditioner is very quiet and efficient.

My only comments are
1) There is lack of power outlet next to the bed for peoeple like me that need to recharge the phone when sleep.
2) it's a little far from other tourist spots and shopping area. But perfect if you are on business.The entire area feel quiet and safe.
3) Hotel provide nearly all everyday supply, two bottle of water, slippers, etc, but I wish they also provide the toothpaste.

All in all, I definately will come back to Grand Hyatt if I come back to Sao Paulo. I highly recommend it to everyone. Oh, I still can't get over the stunning view I got from my room. Thank you Hyatt!

Room Tip: 2217 is great
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Hyatt_SP_Management, Gerente geral at Grand Hyatt Sao Paulo, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a detailed review regarding our property. Your comments were received with great satisfaction, as it confirms our commitment to providing authentic hospitality and to make a difference in the lives of those we touch every day. Your recognition is our greatest reward and I was pleased to acknowledge your Hyatt Gold Passport Diamond benefits, such as access to Grand Club Lounge and much more. I also thank you for your constructive comments, which will be sent to the managers of each respective areas so we can improve the guest experience in our hotel. On your next visit, do not hesitate to contact our concierge team, as they will be delighted to help you by providing an extra dental kit with toothpaste or offer entertainment and cultural tips near the hotel. It will be a pleasure to receive you again in the near future.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

Was only here for a couple days, but the attendants at the front desk were very nice and very helpful. They pointed out a number of places we could visit for lunch that were within walking distance. They noticed and thanked my fellow co-workers for their previous visit roughly five years ago, which was nice of them.

The rooms were excellent. Big room, big windows with a good view. Big clean bathroom.

We used the hotel for meetings and a reception one of the days. The food provided was excellent (if too much). The reception afterwards was great. The drink service included handmade caprioskas and caipirinhas and excellent appetizers. Very well done.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Hyatt_SP_Management, Gerente geral at Grand Hyatt Sao Paulo, responded to this review, 29 November 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your kind comments regarding your stay in our hotel. I was pleased to read that our accommodations and services were to your liking and that our front desk personnel made creat such a favourable impression during your stay. On your next visit, we would like to suggest that you experience a gourmet meal in one of our three restaurants, which offer French and Japanese culinaries, and starting Fabruary 2014, our newest restaurant, featuring Comfort Food. In addition to these options, you can also enjoy our bar and wine cellar. I hope to welcome you back once again very soon!
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

the staff is very professional and carying. The location is very good if head to Morunbi or Berrini areas. The business centre is very good. the restaurants are good (there are 3) and they have wide opening hours. The hotel sometimes get too crowded and you can feel it at breakfast and check-out. Anyway it is certainly one of the consistently best business hotels in São Paulo and Brazil.

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing with us and other travellers your experience of our hotel. It is pleasing to know that you enjoyed your stay, our location and our culinary optnons. We are always delighted to exceed our guest’s expectations and your recognition of our quality is our best reward. We hope to be your host again at Grand Hyatt São Paulo in the near future.
San Diego, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013

I like the Grand Hyatt. It meets my desired criteria for international business travel: clean rooms, comfortable bed, roomy bedroom/bath, relatively recent build or remodel, friendly service with good English language, and a quiet and safe neighborhood. I will definitely return.

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

1 Thank Steve P
Dear Steve,
Thank you very much for your comments. It was a pleasure to read that our accommodations and services were of your liking and that our associates were able to properly assist you during your stay. On your next visit, please allow me to suggest that you discover our restaurants and bars, as I am sure that they will be able to perfectly complement your next stay in Brazil. We hope to welcome you back soon to São Paulo.
Bordeaux, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013 via mobile

This is a superb hotel with all modernity that hotel should have, good internet, very good service, superb rooms, food concept is great even on diet . Pricy but that s Brazil. Very nice pool, gym, and spa. Not used but visited as I wanted back massage but no time. Very busy place but seems very well controlled. Location not good , far from city from airport, just stay in if u don t need to go out ( only on short stay of course)
Definitely would be better somewhere else but u will find there advantages of Hyatt group

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank jmtjmtjmt
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your impressions regarding our hotel with us and other Trip Advisor travellers. We appreciate your loyalty to Hyatt Hotels & Resorts, as it is the greatest reward possible for us. We are located in the heart of the new business district of São Paulo, five minutes´-walk from two of the largest shopping centres in town, with many new entertainment venues, such as theatres and concert halls. Our concierge and guest relations team are always delighted to recommend nearby activities and city traffic tips to our guests. We look forward to receiving you again very soon at Grand Hyatt São Paulo!
Budapest, Hungary
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

It's a great hotel. Very comfortable. Nicely decorated. Unlike the Blue Tree Morumbi, they have an iron, ironing board, shoeshine brush and other items that are very helpful for a business trip.

Bed was large and nice. Room was very quiet. I was in an upper 17 room which I recommend. It's near the elevator, but set off in a way that you don't hear the noise. Room is well designed so that you are away from the hallway. Large variety of TV channels in several languages. Room had a large shower and a separate bath. View from the room was good as well.

Bottled water is provided daily. If you slip having your room done during the day, someone will stop in the evening to check to see if you need anything. Room has a safe large enough to hold a laptop and other items.

I ordered in meals to the room a few times and service was very fast. They gave a 30 minute time window (ordered a steak) and kept to it. The bar also had good food.

Gym is OK. Cardio room was large enough, but weight room and pool are small. In other words, I wouldn't describe the pool as being good for lap swimming.

Breakfast was very good and had a large variety. Staff was consistently friendly and easy to talk to.

If you are visiting some of the companies next door or close by such as Nestle, it is a great location.

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience at Grand Hyatt São Paulo in such a detailed way with us and other TripAdvisor travelers. We are glad to read that you have appreciated our hospitality and the services provided by both our housekeeping and restaurant teams. We are located in one of the most ascendant business areas of the city, near some important avenues such as Avenida Faria Lima and Luiz Carlos Berrini and five minutes’-walk from two of the largest shopping centres in town, with many new entertainment venues, such as theatres and concert halls. It would be our pleasure to welcome you again to our hotel very soon.