“Nice, pricey, and services are not so good”

Grand Hyatt Sao Paulo
Ranked #5 of 326 Hotels in Sao Paulo
Reviewed 15 May 2014

The hotel is beautiful, but the prices are quite high. However, these prices are pretty typical of the area. Decent gym facilities and the location is good, close walking distance to local malls. The whole area is rather lax on sights, if you are into that. I went here on travel, but arrived over the weekend. I really did not see anything that worthwhile to see here. You also have to be very careful as it is a dangerous city. The traffic is horrible too, and you have these motorcycles racing around like maniacs. The problems I had with the hotel were with the services. Within the first 3 days, my room key would not work 3 times. Once a day, I had to have it rekeyed. Finally, I had it rekeyed on the 4th day and it would not work either. The staff tried to open it with a keyed card, and it would not open either. They had to use a master key to get my things and switch my room. Nothing like going to the 22nd floor and coming back down again and again or needing to get into your room and not being able. They also come to your room at the oddest of times for housekeeping. I really don't expect this after 7 PM. Once, they camed for a cleaning rag they left in my room. The Executive Club is a good deal, but they cook everything in buttter. They also have many employees (kids) standing around talking instead of waiting on you. I got attitude for making my own coffee twice. The last time the kid said that I should have asked him to do so. I said it would be hard to ask him when he was not around. Too many young people who don't get customer service working here.

Room Tip: Do the Executive Club, you will cover the cost in breakfast, drinks and internet services, and may e...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Hyatt_SP_Management, Gerente geral at Grand Hyatt Sao Paulo, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear Thomas,
Thank you very much for your review. Your feedback plays a very important role in better understanding the perception of our customers. Please allow me to apologize for the inconvenience that you had with your room key. We are currently renovating our apartment´s key system so that this issue will not occur to other guests, I am sorry that you had a negative experience during this trial time. Your comments regarding our housekeeping and Grand Club services were also sent to our managers and we will surely reinforce training and standards so our guests have an excellent experience every time they stay with us. We hope to have the chance to welcome you back again and reverse this negative impression on a future visit to São Paulo!

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Service is the best ever. I came early and I could take a shower in the spa while they were preparing my room.. Restaurant has great food offer and taxi service is always available with nice chauffeurs Excelent

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Dear Guest,
It was a pleasure to read your review. Thank you for your recommendation to TripAdvisor travelers. Your kind words strengthen our commitment to providing authentic hospitality and to offering sophisticated accommodation for business, relaxation and leisure in the city. I would like to take this opportunity to present our loyalty program, Hyatt Gold Passport™, in case you are not yet a member. It offers exclusive benefits to our loyal customers, such as complimentary nights, free upgrades and much more. Our team of receptionists will be delighted to assist with enrollment on your next visit. We are at your disposal for future needs in São Paulo and hope to welcome you and your family very soon.

Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

Very nice rooms, great bathroom, the only thing I will correct is the minibar on the room, very poor selection of beverages and nothing to eat.
Also the hotel was full when I was there and there was not enough places to have breakfast in the morning.
Internet is ok but not great.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review. Your feedback plays an important role in better understanding the perception of our customers and we truly apologize for the negative experience you had with our minibar and breakfast. Our minibar system is currently being tested so we can find better ways to satisfy and please our guests. Your feedback will be passed on to our managers and we will look at your suggestions. We hope to welcome you back in our hotel very soon.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

My overnight at the SP Grand Hyatt proved to be one of best stays recently; the hotel is central to the CBD, the staff are friendly, courteous & efficient, and the decor & ambience were modern and extremely comfortable; the upgrade to club level was certainly well worth it as the 20th floor lounge was conveniently away from the hustle & bustle of the ground floor dining area.
I strongly recommend stayin at the SP Grand Hyatt to anyone considering quality accommodation in this huge city.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Hyatt_SP_Management, Gerente geral at Grand Hyatt Sao Paulo, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Dear Juliet,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and other TripAdvisor visitors. We are pleased to read that you felt welcome and comfortable at our hotel and that you would also recommend it to other travelers. I would like to take this opportunity to suggest that you visit our Amanary Spa on your next visit. Located on the 2nd floor, it offers an indoor pool, therapeutic treatments and male and female saunas, with excellent options for relaxation while in São Paulo. It will be our pleasure to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Clean, well located with friendly staff. The hotel provides a safe environment to the guests. Need to improve the number of taxis - sometimes need to wait more than 10 min to get a taxi. Overall good place, good location.

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
Thank Antonio Apareci... J

Dear Antonio,
Thank you very much for sharing your comments with us and other TripAdvisor travelers. I was pleased to read that our friendly staff were responsible for a memorable stay. Since we are located in one of the busiest business locations of the city, there is a high demand for taxis during certain times of the day. Therefore, our Concierge team is always available to schedule this service in advance upon request. We hope to welcome you again very soon.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

This hotel is located in bussines are so for tourists is bit far from everything. But there is train station close by and that will take u to metro stations. Hotel itself is amazing. I loved the bathroom and lovely soaps:)

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear Alica,
Thank you for your kind review. I was pleased to read that our accommodation and amenities were so memorable to your stay. I would like to suggest that on your next visit you contact our Concierge and Guest Relations team, who are highly qualified and prepared to assist with the best choices for leisure around the hotel, such as music venues and theaters. The Ibirapuera Park is a great option for leisure and while there, you can also visit the Modern Art Museum of São Paulo, located inside the park. We hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

I stayed at the Grand Hyatt Sao Paulo twice, and it is a great option for business travel. Location is not great for exploring after work, but convenience to public transit and the highway were very good. Rooms were extremely nice, and very comfortable. The club lounge (if you have access) was nice with a good selection of food and drink. Service was all around outstanding- concierge, restaurants, everything. Next time I'm in Sao Paulo, I'm staying here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Hyatt_SP_Management, Gerente geral at Grand Hyatt Sao Paulo, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind review. It is a great pleasure to read that our accommodations, excellent service and the Grand Club Lounge were memorable for you. Since you have mentioned that you will be staying with us more often, please allow me to present our loyalty program, Hyatt Gold Passport™, in case you are not yet a member. It offers exclusive benefits to our loyal customers, such as complimentary nights, free upgrades and much more. Our team of receptionists will be delighted to assist with enrollment on your next visit. We look forward to welcome you back once again.