Sheraton Sao Paulo WTC Hotel
US$259
US$98
US$94
  • Pool
L'Hotel PortoBay Sao Paulo(Sao Paulo)
US$180
US$545
US$466
  • Restaurant
1,242 results
All reviewsdesign floortypical sheratondesign centerfood courtthe world trade centershopping mallroom serviceexecutive floorbusiness districtbusiness travelerrooms are comfortablebusiness tripdesignerloungenovoconferencebrazil
Reviewed 30 March 2011

I've booked a room at this hotel and as there was no rooms available in another hotel I decided to pay R$1.200,00 for a night.I usually work all day and use the hotel for work and sleep.
My room had no wireless and I it was absolutely necessary to send and receive e mails concerning my job.They changed my room and the curtains did not close so I would wake up very early.Someone came and pulled it down asking me not to touch it.
Nice bed and linens.Woke up by 7 am waiting for my breakfast.
Sat down and ,surprise,the chair had a broken leg (i weight 60kg)felt down.
Well you can imagine someone paying U$800 a day how upset I was.The manager apologize and invited me to have dinner for free next time in Sao Paulo.It's unbelievable.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank leilats
Reviewed 14 February 2011

No vegetable in breakfast.(requested and accepted but never given).
Noisy at night for a-club on Thursday to Saturday. (Sensitive person cannot sleep.)
The others are normal.

Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Johnnie_Lee
Reviewed 13 February 2011

The hotel itself needs an update. There are obvious signs of wear and tear, although the lobby does look quite beautiful. Overall, the walls could use a good washing or fresh paint. Some of the walls in the rooms have several cracks.

The beds are not comfortable at all considering it a Starwood hotel. The mattress are extremely firm and the bedding itself consists of only a bottom sheet and a comforter. There are also not many outlet plugs in the rooms which can pose as a problem when more than one person needs to charge an electronic device. the in room coaches are also not very comfortable. Overall the rooms are a decent size.

Be prepared for very thing walls as well, meaning you can hear just about everything...

A little disappointed that there was soap scum in the shower in addition to the fact that the construction of the shower itself is quite poor in that, water leaks out all over the bathroom floors and absolutely soaks it. it is a serious accident waiting to happen. The hot water knob in the shower was also quite difficult to turn. It seemed like it was rusted or need some grease to make it turn easily.

The concierge were helpful in terms of helping guests around the hotel and for the use of their services. But if you plan to eat out or order food to be delivered, don't expect them to assist you in making that happen. We also got conflicting stories about the water and whether it was drinkable or not. One person told us that absolutely we could not drink it and another told us that it was treated with chlorine so it was okay to drink. I still have no clue and I'm not about to try it out.

While there wasn't availability, the front desk checked to see if they could give us a room upgrade due to our status. This was greatly appreciated.

The executive club is a bit of a disappointment as well as there is only one computer in there to use and it is not typically open according to the posted hours. The afternoon snacks are marginal at best, but they do have a very nice drink selection.

The internet is also quite slow (the free service). If you choose to upgrade your internet speed, don't be surprised if it doesn't seem much faster, because its not. Plus it is really expensive ($26-40 USD a day). Internet in U.S. hotels isn't even that expensive.

The location is somewhat nice in that there is a shopping mall located beneath the lobby.

Overall it is a nice hotel, but there is nothing special about it and is probably a bit overpriced considering it needs to be updated. It is just okay.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Knightlilly
Reviewed 4 February 2011

This is my first time to post anything to Trip Advisor, although I use it all the time to review hotels prior to my arrival. I was very concerned prior to my trip due to the poor comments and ratings. I'm checking out today and per all the negative reviews, I could not disagree more.

I travel all the time for work, mostly in the US, but quite a bit to Europe as well. The Sheraton WTC is very nice and the staff is fantastic. Yes, it's true, some of the staff do not speak very good English, but at all times at least one person on duty did and they would make a switch to make it work. After all, their English is much better than my Portuguese, which is essentially zero.

The rooms are nice (as a Platnium, I was upgraded to the Design floor) and the colleagues I traveled with were in the "regular" rooms, but said they were nice as well... certainly nothing to complain about.

All in all, I had a great stay over 8 nights - no worries if you're coming here.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank ChiTown12345
Reviewed 2 February 2011

I have read several of the reviews on this site about this hotel and I can't understand why so many complaints.
This hotel is located in the FINANCIAL district (as the name implies WORLD TRADE CENTER) of Sao Paulo and as with many Business districts around the world not much sight seeing around.
The rooms are very generous in size 400-500 sq ft, the staff is friendly and I have found the bedding very comfortable and I have never experienced the noise issues are some have said, then again I always ask for high floors.
The Club lounge is very good and staff also very friendly, as one night I had a friend with me and we wanted to go back to the room to chat more privately so we both filled a glass with scotch on the rocks and the attendant on duty went in the back got a tall glass and filled to the RIM with Black Label and told me to enjoy it and also this way I wouldn't have to order from room service since it was late night and they were closing.
The hotel is attached to the D&D Decoracao & Design Center Mall, the Food court there is fantastic with some great choice including Barbacoa, which is one of the best Churrascaria (All you can eat meat) chain in Sao Paulo. They have everything from McD's, Italian, chinese, restaurants, etc... I like having choices and not having to go very far, access the Mall through the hotel Bar, is very convenient.

I often use the Cash + points from Starwood on this hotel 4000pts + $60.00 a night, which makes this hotel a BARGAIN in Sao Paulo.

For those that are comparing this to the Emiliano, Unique, etc... You are comparing Apples and Oranges, nobody would compare a sheraton to a Four Seasons. The Emiliano is one of the best hotels in the world and priced accordingly.

If you want a pleasant stay, at a nice international std. hotel, I believe the WTC is a great choice. Yes, you will need a cab to go to Jardins or Pinheiros or any of the other swaky places around town but the hotel is right by Marginal Ave which makes it very easy to go anywhere in the city.

You want to stay in a place where you can walk to shops and nice restaurants, pick one of the hotels in Jardins.

One note, I don't believe Taxi drivers don't know how to get there, this hotel is at the WTC of Sao Paulo where there are 2-3 other hotels (Hilton, Melia, etc) and it is a big and known area, they might know which street to turn to once inside the WTC complex but we are talking maybe an extra 1-2 minutes of driving around. I think some drivers will just take advantage of foreigners (I am Brazilian so I never had issues). Always get the Special cabs specially from the Airport which have set fares, so if the driver is lost it won't cost you more. Then again almost all special taxi 's in SP today have a GPS in the car.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo