I stayed at the Sheraton Sao Paulo for two weeks back in February of 2012. Unfortunately, TripAdvisor only lets me select that I had stayed there some time in the past year, so this review is coming a bit late, but I still wanted to leave my comments as my comments are still applicable.
- Fitness Center/Pool: It certainly not the best fitness center/pool I’ve seen at a hotel, but it was a pleasant surprise, especially when it may not be completely safe to go running around the hotel. There was a good variety of machines and free weights, and the pool was decently sized.
- Room/Bathroom Size: Rooms were much larger than I expected with a legitimate sitting area. Same thing with the bathrooms; full tub and separate shower. Much better than I was expecting.
- Internet: It was painfully slow and unreliable for the two weeks I was there. I have a coworker staying there right now and he says that it hasn’t improved. Sao Paulo is really a business-oriented city, so the Sheraton should really step it up in this department. Bad internet is fine if you’re in Rio or some other tropical/touristy area where you shouldn’t be spending time on your computer, but that’s not the case here.
- Inconsistent Room Service: This is something that I haven’t experienced at any other hotel. I would order the exact same thing every morning for breakfast from room service, but each day, it would come slightly different. Different sized glass of orange juice, different sized bowl for granola (sometimes it was huge, sometimes it was a teacup), etc. It was just incredibly weird to me and made it difficult as sometimes I was left hungry while other times I had too much.
- Location: There really isn’t a whole lot around the hotel except malls, and unfortunately, the mall attached to the hotel has pretty uninteresting shops and just mediocre food.
Quite frankly, if they just improved the internet, this would probably end up as a 4-star hotel for me, but at this point, I just can’t give it that. The other two negatives aren’t deal breakers, but I’d definitely be hesitant to stay there again until I hear that the internet has been sorted out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Berrini region where you can find major corporations headquarters and wide range of entertainment,dining and shopping, the hotel offers 296 world-class accommodations. Out of these, 67 are decorated by renowned architects composing the concept of “Design Hotel”, where guests can have a different experience every stay.Special Services: pillow menu,personal closet, free internet,swimming pool, Sheraton Fitness, in room fitness, in room spa, restaurant partners bills paid at check out, Bike it!, meeting rooms for hire and Sheraton Love That Dog Program. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sheraton Sao Paulo WTC Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Sao Paulo WTC Hotel Brazil