“Decent”

Ranked #47 of 323 Hotels in Sao Paulo
Santa Clara, California
“Decent”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014

I stayed at the Sheraton Sao Paulo for two weeks back in February of 2012. Unfortunately, TripAdvisor only lets me select that I had stayed there some time in the past year, so this review is coming a bit late, but I still wanted to leave my comments as my comments are still applicable.

Positives:
- Fitness Center/Pool: It certainly not the best fitness center/pool I’ve seen at a hotel, but it was a pleasant surprise, especially when it may not be completely safe to go running around the hotel. There was a good variety of machines and free weights, and the pool was decently sized.
- Room/Bathroom Size: Rooms were much larger than I expected with a legitimate sitting area. Same thing with the bathrooms; full tub and separate shower. Much better than I was expecting.

Negatives:
- Internet: It was painfully slow and unreliable for the two weeks I was there. I have a coworker staying there right now and he says that it hasn’t improved. Sao Paulo is really a business-oriented city, so the Sheraton should really step it up in this department. Bad internet is fine if you’re in Rio or some other tropical/touristy area where you shouldn’t be spending time on your computer, but that’s not the case here.
- Inconsistent Room Service: This is something that I haven’t experienced at any other hotel. I would order the exact same thing every morning for breakfast from room service, but each day, it would come slightly different. Different sized glass of orange juice, different sized bowl for granola (sometimes it was huge, sometimes it was a teacup), etc. It was just incredibly weird to me and made it difficult as sometimes I was left hungry while other times I had too much.
- Location: There really isn’t a whole lot around the hotel except malls, and unfortunately, the mall attached to the hotel has pretty uninteresting shops and just mediocre food.

Quite frankly, if they just improved the internet, this would probably end up as a 4-star hotel for me, but at this point, I just can’t give it that. The other two negatives aren’t deal breakers, but I’d definitely be hesitant to stay there again until I hear that the internet has been sorted out.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank wpc_ca
Sheraton-WTC, Manager at Sheraton Sao Paulo WTC Hotel, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for your review!
Your feedback is always appreciated regardless of the time passed since you stayed with us.
What really matters is that you took some time to share and we value your words very, very much.

All the points you have made are extremely important and I am happy to announce that we made some major improvements in our Internet services. We have increased the speed and signal distribution throughout the Hotel. Attending the needs of today'social traveller!

I personally invite you to visit us on your next trip! It would be a honor to have you here as you are our inspiration to continuosly word towards making this a perfect Sheraton for you and everyone who comes to São Paulo.

Please, feel free to contact me at laura.gallo@sheratonsaopaulowtc.com.
I would love to make all the arrengements for you!

Thank you very much!

All the best,

Sheraton São Paulo WTC Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

I am a frequent business stayer under SPG program, mostly throughout Asia region and usually at Sheratons. My first time in Brazil and was very pleased to find a Sheraton in Sao Paulo (in fact it's the only SPG property in Sao Paulo - strange for such a huge city. No Westin, no W, no Meridien, etc). I stayed Sheraton WTC for 10 days. Upon check-in I was immediately upgrade to their stated best rooms which are called "Design Levels". These rooms are modelled individually to various themes according to different designers (their details are in the room), and the Design Rooms are located on levels 3, 4, 5 and 16. Mine was like a jungle style theme, with forest green walls & timber tree sections - check my photos ! Seemed a bit strange at first but I got used to it and kinda liked it ... Good to see the hotel trying something different anyway. However there were definitely some small finishing issues that let down the overall room feel, like poor quality/patchy paintwork, scuff marks on walls & door, frayed carpet edges, wall plug for internet & power point loose and falling out. Housekeeping maid & cleaning service was extremely high standard, and the room perfectly made up every day.

A very important part of my SPG program is always the Club Lounge access in each hotel, as a good (or not so good) club lounge makes a huge difference. Very pleased to report the Sheraton WTC here experience very good in this regard. In fact if you stay in a Design Level room, you get access to not one but two lounges. Level 15 Club Lounge is accessible for all club floor guests (including Design Level guests) - quite spacious and has a very good breakfast spread (although the few set hot dishes available never once changed during my stay). For Design Level guests, you also get access to an exclusive Design Lounge on level 4, which has a full selection of beverages/coffee available (including self-serve full alcohol selection from midday - very unusual to have booze available freely so early in the day - but I am not complaining) and evening hors d'oeuvre treats from 7.30-9.00pm daily. Now, admittedly, the service in both lounges here was a bit below par compared to other Sheraton lounges I have experienced (I think its the lack of staffs English skills here that does make the staff not confident to approach you or engage with you for service) - but a huge plus here was that both lounges were exactly what Sheraton lounges should be like : Quiet, refined, relaxed, sophisticated. A great big tick here for Sheraton WTC. (Compare this to many Asia region Sheratons whose club lounges are increasingly overcrowded by noisy loud guests and their kids running around, all stuffing themselves full of the free lounge food with plates piled high like they would never eat again for a week. A club lounge is NOT meant to be a freebie main meal service). The level 4 Design Lounge here at Sheraton WTC in particular become a highlight of my stay - an oasis of calm for relaxing after hectic business days in the crazy Sao Paulo traffic. It is very highly recommended to make sure you can access it.

The hotel dining choices did seem very limited compared to Asia region Sheratons - there is really only 1 hotel restaurant here (lobby level) - but a large shopping area directly connected to the hotel has a large selection of dining choices and some of the places there can charge back to your room. Then there is also Club A (not operated by Sheraton, but is within the hotel itself on a lower level), which has high standard (but pricey $$$) lunch and dinner, and then becomes a top-level nightclub after hours until very late some nights. While on the subject of the nightclub - I think it is NOT appropriate that the Club is booming (and I do mean booming as in doof doof bass at max. decibels) out its noise until 4-5am several nights per week. Most hotel guests (and especially business travellers who mostly make up Sheratons) want a quality sleep - which does not fit with having a loud night club right on site under the guest rooms until such late hours. I could not 'hear' the music from my room on level 5, however I could certainly 'feel' the doof doofing vibration from the club lower down. God knows what someone staying level 2/3/4 would encounter ?? Sheraton WTC needs to put their house guests as No. 1 priority and make that Club either close earlier - or turn down that music/bass level after a certain time. Some basic respect for the Hotel guests surely !

So all in all, I did really enjoy my stay here at Sheraton WTC Sao Paulo. If you are SPG stayer then be glad you have a Sheraton available in this huge Brazil city. Its certainly not perfect, but very good in my view. Some extra minor improvements would make it even better - like put coffee maker and coffee/tea/milk supplies in the room. Also must have a selection of English newspapers available for business stayers like WSJ, F/Times, etc. Must improve the English skills of the front line & lounge staffs, and get them to engage with foreign guests more. Change the lounge hot breakfast menu around. And get that Club A out or under control - as the hotel guests must be the priority for the management.

I will be back here for sure!

Room Tip: Try and get a Design Level floor - they are 'different' room themes and you will get dual lo...
3 Thank shanosV8
Sheraton-WTC, Manager at Sheraton Sao Paulo WTC Hotel, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Dear guest,

I cannot believe how amazing your review is!
So complete, so full of information that I am incredibily thankful for the time you took to share your experience with the world.

Your comments about the room have been forwarded to the responsible department and I came there and took some pictures myself in order to get it checked out by the chief of engineering. A new paiting will soon be done and we will have the "jungle theme" restored!

Rest assured that our guest are and will always be our TOP priority.
We are here to serve with excellence and we are investing in a new sound insulation system that soon will be installed inside of the club, minimizing the effects down to zero.
As for the language skills, we are having english lessons to all our associates right here at the Hotel and they are learning pretty fast! I am sure that the effort is going towards engaging more and make the experience of our foreigner guest even more pleasant!

Again, I am so grateful for the opportunity of improvement provided by your review and I sure hope to see you again soon! There is a lot of fun Design rooms for you to meet!

If there is anything else I can do for you, anything at all, please, contact me at laura.gallo@sheratonsaopaulowtc.com!

I would love to hear more from you!
Thank you and happy holidays!

Quality Assurance Manager
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

Hotels in Sao Paulo are generally expensive and not very good. The Sheraton fits right in.

You pay top rates for a very tired and poorly maintained room. Even the "Design Level" rooms are worn out. These are meant to be flagship rooms but the fixtures are worn and the varnish on the wooden floor in my room was worn out. The normal rooms are even worse, to the point where I have stayed in 3 different rooms and they all had the chrome worn off the fixtures.

No real bar and a poor quality restaurant mean you are better leaving the hotel to eat and drink.

The Hilton is a far better option on all fronts and if it were not for the lack of room in SP this hotel would be empty.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Sheraton-WTC, Manager at Sheraton Sao Paulo WTC Hotel, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Dear guest,

At Sheraton, we believe that nothing is more important than the guest's voice.
To be able to learn from true experience is what motivates us to go the extra mile and step up our game and that is why I am thankful for the time you took to share your comments with us.

I am sad to see that your time with us was not as expected and I am available at all times in case you want to further discuss what happened. My email address is laura.gallo@sheratonsaopaulowtc.com and I promise to take action towards improving our Hotel and services.

Thank you very much and I look forward to your contact.

Cordially,

Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brazil
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

Excellent hotel with a great service! Reservation staff was amazing.

Good accomodations and very good location (close to São Paulo's main business area). There's a very nice mall conected to the hotel and also one of the best night clubs of the city. It won't get much better than that.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Sheraton-WTC, Manager at Sheraton Sao Paulo WTC Hotel, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Dear Eduardo,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with the world!

We are extremely grateful for the time you took and specially for being your choice of Hotel in São Paulo!
All services here are meant to make your stay as pleasant as possible and the connection with the D&D Mall is certainly a huge plus!
There's a lot of to choose from when it comes to restaurants and some of them you can charge to your bill at the Hotel!
Club A is an amazing night club which also opens as a restaurant, delivering delicious and refined food right here on site! I hope next time you get to enjoy the service!

Well, it is like you said: it won't get better than this!

Again, thank you so much and we are all expecting to see you again soon!

Quality Assurance Manager
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

Hotel service was great, from check-in to room service to check-out. The room was spacious and the bathroom, while a bit dated, was in good working order with running hot water.

The hotel is next to a shopping mall and food court which makes for convenient shopping and eating options without having to step outside. It's also about a 20-minute walk from Morumbi mall, which is a large shopping mall with a wide variety of store options.

The internet connection was a bit slow, even when I got a dedicated connection for a day it wasn't all that better than the free wifi.

The nice thing about the hotel is that there's a club that opens in the evening to the public (~$75 USD cover charge). As guests, we had free access. Although the prices of some of the drinks are obscene, it's convenient if you're looking to check out a club/lounge.

I recommend staying at this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear Victor,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your impressions of our Hotel here on Trip Advisor!

We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay and your feedback provides us with great information about what to do next to improve our Hotel.
Internet and renovations are priorities for 2014. We will invest thinking exclusively about our Guest's comfort and satisfaction!

The connection with the D&D Mall is certainly a huge plus for a quick meal and just to walk around and do some shopping. It is a great option just steps way from the room!
You are totally right about that!!!

Again, thank you very much and if there is anything at all we can do for you, please, let us know!

Cordially,

laura.gallo@sheratonsaopaulowtc.com
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

3 day business trip....the room itself deserves a bit of an upgrade. There was no work desk but a small round table with two chairs. The size of the room is reasonable as well as the size of the bathroom. It was clean, however. There are several different types of hotel floors including some with butler service at your request. There are several different types of floors in the hotel so maybe a few of them are upgraded? However, there were many pluses. The pool is very pretty. The gym has updated equipment and is open 24 hrs which was great. Room service is very good and very quick. My caipirinha was wonderful! I think it is very reasonable for a business traveler for a short duration. I wish the room had more light and was renovated but otherwise, it was a very good hotel. The staff were all incredibly nice and spoke English. They were very accommodating re: a late checkout as well to accommodate my late flight departure.

Room Tip: Ask if renovated rooms exist. I was also informed do not get a low-lying hotel floor above the bal...
Dear Guest,

I think you described our Hotel perfectly!
You covered all the major areas in a way that makes us honored just to read your awesome review!

Thank you very much!
I am glad to know that you had a memorable time with us and I sure hope to see you again pretty soon for more caipirinhas!

All the best!

Port of Spain, Trinidad
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

I was really amazed!!! I travel all over the world for business, and this was one of those rare experiences that made up for all those long hours on a plane. Let me begin by talking about the most amazing service by LAURA GALLO, the quality assurance manager at the Sheraton. As I arrived at the hotel, Laura was there to say hello, even though it was obvious that she was busy taking care of all the guest needs. I had emailed her beforehand with a small special request, and she handled it beautifully! The staff greeted me by name, and were very friendly and helpful. The hotel itself was fantastic...the room was spectacular, and everything around me seemed perfect. What a breath of fresh air from those hotels that seem impersonal and cold. The restaurants were a pleasure to visit. At one point, when asking for help choosing a spot to eat, a young bellman (who spoke english perfectly!) took the time to walk me over to the restaurant, even though I could easily see it accross from the lobby! He seemed intent on making sure he would do EVERYTHING he could do to assist. And...guess what happened when I left the hotel? I flew home and realizied that I left my iPod sitting in the open safe. Now, in an ordinary hotel that would be it...gone..."lost". And if that happened I would still not blame the hotel for the actions of one "cleaner" who could be so easily tempted. But NO!!! I received a letter from Laura this morning saying that she had my misplaced iPod, and that she would send it off to me immediately. WOW!!! Please keep in mind that this is my first review that I have ever written on Tripadvisor. Why? Because I have never been so pleased...never been moved by the staff of a hotel so much. I wish that I could transport this hotel with me on al of my travels, especially when I visit Tokyo at the end of this month. Laura, thank you so much!!! I would reccommend this hotel to all of you travellers who want to experience the best and most caring service. And a tip to the upper level management of Sheraton international: Finding managers who can effectively lead by example and evoke emotional responses from clients can seem like an imposible task, but you hit a home run here. My company has over 5,000 employees, and I would not hesitate to have Laura run everything related to customer service. Make sure that you never lose her!

1 Thank Philip K
Dear Philip,

Thank you so much for posting this amazing review about our Hotel and services!
My joy here is to guarantee you have the perfect stay every time you visit and I am glad you gave me the opportunity to take care of you.

Our staff is honored to see such a nice portrait of what we do here daily and, on behalf of everyone, I just want to say: THANK YOU.

We hope to see you again soon - very soon - and if there is anything else in the world you need, please, let me know.

laura.gallo@sheratonsaopaulowtc.com