Sheraton Sao Paulo WTC Hotel
Melia Paulista(Sao Paulo)
US$138
US$108
  • Breakfast included
Mercure Sao Paulo Pinheiros Hotel(Sao Paulo)(Great Value!)
US$91
US$78
US$153
US$145
Melia.com
Maksoud Plaza(Sao Paulo)
US$127
US$54
Ibis Sao Paulo Morumbi(Sao Paulo)(Great Value!)
US$66
  • Restaurant
Bourbon Convention Ibirapuera(Sao Paulo)(Great Value!)
US$101
US$86
US$208
US$201
  • Pool
Landmark Residence(Sao Paulo)(Great Value!)
US$82
US$78
Hotels.com
1,233 results
All reviewsdesign floortypical sheratondesign centerfood courtthe world trade centershopping mallroom serviceexecutive floorbusiness districtbusiness travelerrooms are comfortablebusiness tripdesignerloungenovoconferencebrazil
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 February 2014

This was my first stay at this hotel and my first visit to the dynamic and beautiful city of Sao Paulo. The hotel is in the Brooklin neighborhood which is like the Wall Street area in NYC. The hotel is located in the World Trade Center (WTC) complex that includes the Design Center which includes lots of design oriented stores, the WTC Theater, Food court with fast food restaurants and fine dining restaurants. The WTC complex is connected to the U.N. complex on the bottom level which includes the Hilton hotel and more shopping and stores. This is a very good hotel and art lovers will be pleased because there’s lots of artwork at least there was on my floor, 11th floor. It’s my understanding that many of the floors are different and some were designed by the Design Center. The staff is wonderful at this hotel. The rooms are spacious and not box-like in shape. My room (1116) was L-shaped and featured a king size bed with night stands, a desk/chair, marble coffee table, a sofa and stand alone chair. The bathroom included a large soaking bathtub, separate shower, toilet, bidet and basin. I had done my research before arriving so requested a room far away from the nightclub in the hotel on the “C” level. The hotel offers free shuttle service to a wonderful mall, Morumbi Shopping. There is a nearby grocery store, Pao do Azucar (chain store), about a 15 to 20 minute walk from the hotel. Even though the hotel only has one restaurant in the lobby/atrium, you can charge your meal at three partner restaurants in the WTC Food Court/shopping level. The WTC complex has a HSBC bank in it and the U.N. building has a Citibank in it. The hotel is about 1-1/2 hour ride from GRU Int’l Airport via the Airport Bus Shuttle which is the most economical transportation option to the hotel and it drops you right at the U.N. building. There is no Metro subway near the hotel but you can walk about 3 blocks to the CPTM commuter train which will connect you to the fabulous Metro system of Sao Paulo. The commuter train and Metro are not for the faint of heart during rush hour. If you’re used to big city Metro systems then you’ll be fine. Warning, if the station is crowded, don’t go anywhere near the crowds because pushing may occur as folks attempt to board and you could become a casualty. The Metro & CPTM systems both have their own police forces which routinely patrol the station platforms and trains. The Metro lines are by color and probably for the color-blind, have a numerical route number as well. The architecture in Sao Paulo is beautiful and interesting. I definitely recommend the Sheraton Sao Paulo WTC hotel and plan to return! Some of the great staff that I encountered at the Front Desk: Fernando, Paulo, Daniela, Flavia, Elaine, Vladimir; Concierge/Front Desk: Lincoln & Felipe; Bellman: Neto; Badebec Restaurant: Carlos (mgr.), Welber & Ricardo (waiters). There also is a full service wonderful gym in the combined complex and the hotel is negotiating with them to allow hotel guests to use the facilities at a discounted price. The hotel's workout area is small and is located near the pool area/nightclub level. The nightclub (Club A) is also a restaurant that serves lunch and dinner.

Room Tip: Stay away from the night club if you're a light sleeper like me.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank AJP57
Sheraton-WTC, Manager at Sheraton Sao Paulo WTC Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Dear guest,

THANK YOU SO MUCH for your perfect written and complete review of our Hotel.
Our associates are thrilled with your words and we could not be more thankful that you took the time to share your experience with all the travellers here on Trip Advisor.

Your comments will be forward to all those who were mentioned and we will congratulate them for always going the extra mile!

When you come back to São Paulo, please, let me know at laura.gallo@sheratonsaopaulowtc.com! It would my pleasure and a great honor to make the arrangements for you!

Again, thank you!!!

All the best,

Reviewed 22 February 2014

I stayed at the Sheraton Sao Paulo for two weeks back in February of 2012. Unfortunately, TripAdvisor only lets me select that I had stayed there some time in the past year, so this review is coming a bit late, but I still wanted to leave my comments as my comments are still applicable.

Positives:
- Fitness Center/Pool: It certainly not the best fitness center/pool I’ve seen at a hotel, but it was a pleasant surprise, especially when it may not be completely safe to go running around the hotel. There was a good variety of machines and free weights, and the pool was decently sized.
- Room/Bathroom Size: Rooms were much larger than I expected with a legitimate sitting area. Same thing with the bathrooms; full tub and separate shower. Much better than I was expecting.

Negatives:
- Internet: It was painfully slow and unreliable for the two weeks I was there. I have a coworker staying there right now and he says that it hasn’t improved. Sao Paulo is really a business-oriented city, so the Sheraton should really step it up in this department. Bad internet is fine if you’re in Rio or some other tropical/touristy area where you shouldn’t be spending time on your computer, but that’s not the case here.
- Inconsistent Room Service: This is something that I haven’t experienced at any other hotel. I would order the exact same thing every morning for breakfast from room service, but each day, it would come slightly different. Different sized glass of orange juice, different sized bowl for granola (sometimes it was huge, sometimes it was a teacup), etc. It was just incredibly weird to me and made it difficult as sometimes I was left hungry while other times I had too much.
- Location: There really isn’t a whole lot around the hotel except malls, and unfortunately, the mall attached to the hotel has pretty uninteresting shops and just mediocre food.

Quite frankly, if they just improved the internet, this would probably end up as a 4-star hotel for me, but at this point, I just can’t give it that. The other two negatives aren’t deal breakers, but I’d definitely be hesitant to stay there again until I hear that the internet has been sorted out.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank wpc_ca
Sheraton-WTC, Manager at Sheraton Sao Paulo WTC Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review!
Your feedback is always appreciated regardless of the time passed since you stayed with us.
What really matters is that you took some time to share and we value your words very, very much.

All the points you have made are extremely important and I am happy to announce that we made some major improvements in our Internet services. We have increased the speed and signal distribution throughout the Hotel. Attending the needs of today'social traveller!

I personally invite you to visit us on your next trip! It would be a honor to have you here as you are our inspiration to continuosly word towards making this a perfect Sheraton for you and everyone who comes to São Paulo.

Please, feel free to contact me at laura.gallo@sheratonsaopaulowtc.com.
I would love to make all the arrengements for you!

Thank you very much!

All the best,

Quality Manager

Reviewed 1 December 2013

I am a frequent business stayer under SPG program, mostly throughout Asia region and usually at Sheratons. My first time in Brazil and was very pleased to find a Sheraton in Sao Paulo (in fact it's the only SPG property in Sao Paulo - strange for such a huge city. No Westin, no W, no Meridien, etc). I stayed Sheraton WTC for 10 days. Upon check-in I was immediately upgrade to their stated best rooms which are called "Design Levels". These rooms are modelled individually to various themes according to different designers (their details are in the room), and the Design Rooms are located on levels 3, 4, 5 and 16. Mine was like a jungle style theme, with forest green walls & timber tree sections - check my photos ! Seemed a bit strange at first but I got used to it and kinda liked it ... Good to see the hotel trying something different anyway. However there were definitely some small finishing issues that let down the overall room feel, like poor quality/patchy paintwork, scuff marks on walls & door, frayed carpet edges, wall plug for internet & power point loose and falling out. Housekeeping maid & cleaning service was extremely high standard, and the room perfectly made up every day.

A very important part of my SPG program is always the Club Lounge access in each hotel, as a good (or not so good) club lounge makes a huge difference. Very pleased to report the Sheraton WTC here experience very good in this regard. In fact if you stay in a Design Level room, you get access to not one but two lounges. Level 15 Club Lounge is accessible for all club floor guests (including Design Level guests) - quite spacious and has a very good breakfast spread (although the few set hot dishes available never once changed during my stay). For Design Level guests, you also get access to an exclusive Design Lounge on level 4, which has a full selection of beverages/coffee available (including self-serve full alcohol selection from midday - very unusual to have booze available freely so early in the day - but I am not complaining) and evening hors d'oeuvre treats from 7.30-9.00pm daily. Now, admittedly, the service in both lounges here was a bit below par compared to other Sheraton lounges I have experienced (I think its the lack of staffs English skills here that does make the staff not confident to approach you or engage with you for service) - but a huge plus here was that both lounges were exactly what Sheraton lounges should be like : Quiet, refined, relaxed, sophisticated. A great big tick here for Sheraton WTC. (Compare this to many Asia region Sheratons whose club lounges are increasingly overcrowded by noisy loud guests and their kids running around, all stuffing themselves full of the free lounge food with plates piled high like they would never eat again for a week. A club lounge is NOT meant to be a freebie main meal service). The level 4 Design Lounge here at Sheraton WTC in particular become a highlight of my stay - an oasis of calm for relaxing after hectic business days in the crazy Sao Paulo traffic. It is very highly recommended to make sure you can access it.

The hotel dining choices did seem very limited compared to Asia region Sheratons - there is really only 1 hotel restaurant here (lobby level) - but a large shopping area directly connected to the hotel has a large selection of dining choices and some of the places there can charge back to your room. Then there is also Club A (not operated by Sheraton, but is within the hotel itself on a lower level), which has high standard (but pricey $$$) lunch and dinner, and then becomes a top-level nightclub after hours until very late some nights. While on the subject of the nightclub - I think it is NOT appropriate that the Club is booming (and I do mean booming as in doof doof bass at max. decibels) out its noise until 4-5am several nights per week. Most hotel guests (and especially business travellers who mostly make up Sheratons) want a quality sleep - which does not fit with having a loud night club right on site under the guest rooms until such late hours. I could not 'hear' the music from my room on level 5, however I could certainly 'feel' the doof doofing vibration from the club lower down. God knows what someone staying level 2/3/4 would encounter ?? Sheraton WTC needs to put their house guests as No. 1 priority and make that Club either close earlier - or turn down that music/bass level after a certain time. Some basic respect for the Hotel guests surely !

So all in all, I did really enjoy my stay here at Sheraton WTC Sao Paulo. If you are SPG stayer then be glad you have a Sheraton available in this huge Brazil city. Its certainly not perfect, but very good in my view. Some extra minor improvements would make it even better - like put coffee maker and coffee/tea/milk supplies in the room. Also must have a selection of English newspapers available for business stayers like WSJ, F/Times, etc. Must improve the English skills of the front line & lounge staffs, and get them to engage with foreign guests more. Change the lounge hot breakfast menu around. And get that Club A out or under control - as the hotel guests must be the priority for the management.

I will be back here for sure!

Room Tip: Try and get a Design Level floor - they are 'different' room themes and you will get dual lounge access. Try and get it on Level 16, to hopefully escape the nightclub doof doof from down below. If you are a light sleeper - do NOT stay level 2/3/4.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank shanosV8
Sheraton-WTC, Manager at Sheraton Sao Paulo WTC Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Dear guest,

I cannot believe how amazing your review is!
So complete, so full of information that I am incredibily thankful for the time you took to share your experience with the world.

Your comments about the room have been forwarded to the responsible department and I came there and took some pictures myself in order to get it checked out by the chief of engineering. A new paiting will soon be done and we will have the "jungle theme" restored!

Rest assured that our guest are and will always be our TOP priority.
We are here to serve with excellence and we are investing in a new sound insulation system that soon will be installed inside of the club, minimizing the effects down to zero.
As for the language skills, we are having english lessons to all our associates right here at the Hotel and they are learning pretty fast! I am sure that the effort is going towards engaging more and make the experience of our foreigner guest even more pleasant!

Again, I am so grateful for the opportunity of improvement provided by your review and I sure hope to see you again soon! There is a lot of fun Design rooms for you to meet!

If there is anything else I can do for you, anything at all, please, contact me at laura.gallo@sheratonsaopaulowtc.com!

I would love to hear more from you!
Thank you and happy holidays!

Sheraton São Paulo WTC

Reviewed 30 November 2013

Hotels in Sao Paulo are generally expensive and not very good. The Sheraton fits right in.

You pay top rates for a very tired and poorly maintained room. Even the "Design Level" rooms are worn out. These are meant to be flagship rooms but the fixtures are worn and the varnish on the wooden floor in my room was worn out. The normal rooms are even worse, to the point where I have stayed in 3 different rooms and they all had the chrome worn off the fixtures.

No real bar and a poor quality restaurant mean you are better leaving the hotel to eat and drink.

The Hilton is a far better option on all fronts and if it were not for the lack of room in SP this hotel would be empty.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Sheraton-WTC, Manager at Sheraton Sao Paulo WTC Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Dear guest,

At Sheraton, we believe that nothing is more important than the guest's voice.
To be able to learn from true experience is what motivates us to go the extra mile and step up our game and that is why I am thankful for the time you took to share your comments with us.

I am sad to see that your time with us was not as expected and I am available at all times in case you want to further discuss what happened. My email address is laura.gallo@sheratonsaopaulowtc.com and I promise to take action towards improving our Hotel and services.

Thank you very much and I look forward to your contact.

Cordially,

Quality Manager

Reviewed 18 November 2013

Excellent hotel with a great service! Reservation staff was amazing.

Good accomodations and very good location (close to São Paulo's main business area). There's a very nice mall conected to the hotel and also one of the best night clubs of the city. It won't get much better than that.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Sheraton-WTC, Manager at Sheraton Sao Paulo WTC Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Dear Eduardo,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with the world!

We are extremely grateful for the time you took and specially for being your choice of Hotel in São Paulo!
All services here are meant to make your stay as pleasant as possible and the connection with the D&D Mall is certainly a huge plus!
There's a lot of to choose from when it comes to restaurants and some of them you can charge to your bill at the Hotel!
Club A is an amazing night club which also opens as a restaurant, delivering delicious and refined food right here on site! I hope next time you get to enjoy the service!

Well, it is like you said: it won't get better than this!

Again, thank you so much and we are all expecting to see you again soon!