“Friendly Staff”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Izmir, Turkey
“Friendly Staff”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

The staff was very friendly from the entrance to the top but the the room wasn't very well accomplished with poor quality of furniture.Don't need to ask for high floors for better view of the city as nothing is seen through the windows because of the metal shields.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

1 Thank SerOmGor
Lucila M, Gerente at Hotel Novotel Sao Paulo Jaragua Convention, responded to this review, 29 May 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to write about Novotel Jaraguá.

It is very nice to hear that our employees are friendly. Service is our main purpose.

Our building was constructed many years ago to be an newspaper factory, and after a few years the top of the building became an hotel. As being a historical building we are not able to move the metal shildes that we have at the window.

Cordially,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
High Wycombe
Reviewed 21 May 2013

The staff are very friendly and professional.If you don't speak Portuguese there is normally someone who speaks reasonable English at the desk, but in the restauarant communication is by pointing only! Food is good but very expensive. DON'T get tempted by the minibar!

The worst thing about this hotel is that the floors are filthy! My first stay was in a room with a carpet and you could even smell the dirt! I couldn't bring myself to take my shoes off. The second stay was in a room with a wooden floor and in the light you can see the dirt - fluff, hair, finger nails and the prints from hundreds of shoes. WARNING - DON'T LOOK UNDER THE BED!! The windows were also greasy and smeared, switches and door handles were dirty. There is no plug for the sink but that is ok because the drain is blocked so it fills up nicely. The only trouble is that you need to wait 5 minutes for hot water. The water pressure is low in the showers and mould grows around the tiles. But the most memorable thing - a wad of someone's chewing gum stuck to the bedside table!

Room Tip: Very noisy location - go up high!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Shen2
Lucila M, Gerente at Hotel Novotel Sao Paulo Jaragua Convention, responded to this review, 22 May 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Novotel Jaraguá. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Please be sure that is not the service we offer at Novotel Jaraguá.

Whidbey Island, Washington
Reviewed 9 May 2013

For nearly two decades from its inauguration in 1954, the Jaraguá was considered São Paulo´s best hotel. The building formerly housed the country´s leading newspaper “O Estado de S. Paulo.”

The hotel became run down & changed hands several times until it was taken over by Accor & labeled Novotel. We spent a weekend in São Paulo visiting museums & attending a concert at Sala São Paulo. The location of the Jaraguá is ideal for this purpose, near the metro & a short cab ride from the concert hall. Rua Avanhadava with several good Mancini restaurants is a five mnute walk from the Jaraguá.

Our room was sizeable with comfortable beds. The bathroom was also big with lots of hot water & hooks to hang things. WiFi was free although parking & breakfast are extra.

The best option in the center of São Paulo, in my opinion.

Room Tip: Ask for a floor as high as ´possible.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Lucila M, Gerente at Hotel Novotel Sao Paulo Jaragua Convention, responded to this review, 10 May 2013
Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Novotel Jaraguá.

Bellinzona, Switzerland
Reviewed 11 April 2013 via mobile

Located near República square, the novotel is a pretty old hotel compared to other novotel in the world. (Room could be modernized)
Everybody speaks English
Free wifi in the rooms
Average hotel, nice location within walking distance from avenida paulista and plaza república

• Stayed April 2013
Lucila M, Gerente at Hotel Novotel Sao Paulo Jaragua Convention, responded to this review, 12 April 2013

Belgium
Reviewed 31 March 2013

the hotel has a central location, near subway (10 min walk from Republica), quit a safe neighboorhood. the room is clean but basic, we paid about 100 eur what's cheap for Sao Paulo.
only check in counter was to busy every time we needed them. staff is friendly and helpfull.
breakfast offers more than enough choise.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Lucila M, Gerente at Hotel Novotel Sao Paulo Jaragua Convention, responded to this review, 1 April 2013

Brescia, Italy
Reviewed 31 March 2013

Hotel is quite nice, too bad the surroundings are not really pleasant and to go anywhere it's necessary to take a taxi (which, given the status of constant traffic jam of Sao Paulo, is a major nuisance). The hotel does contain everything you would expect (except maybe for a pool).

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear Guest,

Thank you again for sharing your experience.

Mumbai
Reviewed 16 March 2013

Unfortunately I got off the wrong foot with the hotel. Being a loyal Accor Group member I expected an early check (8.30 am) especially since at the previous Accor hotel I had such a late check in. It took a bit of arguing because the hotel wanted to charge me for half a day. It just reflected poorly on the Accor Group...one the Accor loyalty program is a sham and two it does not have a 24 hour check in policy. So in one stroke, it made me question the entire group. Now getting back to the hotel, I was paying through my nose because I was visiting an exhibition and my partners were also staying in the same Hotel (IBIS Paulista would have cost me half the rate and the comfort level is high from my previous experience). The room was also a little cramped. The front reception staff did to a certain extent retrieve the situation. They were extremely helpful in assisting me plan my schedule. Apart from the helpful staff, the sumptous breakfast and the excellent food at the 365 restaurant (best seafood spaghetti) helped turn an overall terrible experience into an average one. But having paid through my nose and arguing for an early check-in after a red eye flight, I don't think I will go back to this hotel although I will definitely dine at the 365 restaurant.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Lucila M, Gerente at Hotel Novotel Sao Paulo Jaragua Convention, responded to this review, 19 March 2013
Dear Danny.

Please, could you send me an email (h6224-gm1@accor.com.br) so I can check what happened at your check in and try to inform Le Club about your infomation. Because i can not check without your full name.

Thank you again for sharing your experience.

Hope to hear from you soon.