“Sao Paulo”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 21 April 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Lucila M, Gerente at Hotel Novotel Sao Paulo Jaragua Convention, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Reviewed 9 April 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Although part of the Accor Group, this is not a business Hotel that has their act together. Common ‎areas look like a 4 star hotel, however the rooms are more like a 3 star and I stayed at the most ‎expensive room. The lower categories, fall into the 2-3 star range. This a cheap business Hotel in SP, ‎but there are better options available for this price range.‎

The food options are really good and of decent quality, the breakfast and the restaurant have good ‎variety and classy tasteful dishes, definitely good food.‎

The Internet is fast and runs smoothly without any problems.‎

The room in general, not being stunning or too modern, however, it has all the basic needs of the ‎guests.‎

The mini bar is not refilled automatically, I literally had to beg them to refill the mini bar, I had to call ‎over a span of 2-3 hours, no less than 5 times, begging them to send someone with some water and ‎other missing items in the mini bar. Each time, I was promised they are sending someone up “right ‎away”, only after a few hours and complaining to the manager did it finally happen. The second day ‎there was also no refill, only upon the 3rd day by night, did they do a refill, on their own accord.‎

The phone attendance is horrible, expect a 5-7 minute waiting time, for them to bother and pick up ‎the phone, you have to be very persistent every time you call front desk or room service.‎

Last but not least, I was there one day when they cleaned my room, the terrible BO of the staff, the ‎stench was unbearable. To my bad luck, I had food arrive at the exact same time, I was simply going to ‎vomit. I am afraid to say, I have never come across something like this, they entered the room and the ‎smell, just hit me like a ton of bricks, ghastly!‎

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Lucila M, Gerente at Hotel Novotel Sao Paulo Jaragua Convention, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Dear Mr. hidden 01

I’ll share your review with our team to encourage them to better serve our guests always and guarantee the success of this hotel.

I'm really sorry, about the negatives points mentioned, and I can undersand your disappointment, but I'm very glad to have the opportunity to improve these points in Novotel Jaraguá.

I would like to take this opportunity of reply to inform you that we are already reforced the standars of Novotel services to the outsource enterprise that is responsable for the mini bar. And, I'm personally creating and taking care of a new mini bar control to improve this service and ensure that eventualities like this never happen again.

About the phone attendance service, I’ll share your review with the front desk manager to understand the situation and study some way to reduce the impact of the problem in our guests.

At last, I'm trully sorry about your last dissatisfaction but I can assure to you that I’ll personally talk with the responsables of this department to ensure that this kind of thing never happen again in Novotel Jaraguá.

Best regards.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

Based less than a five minute walk from Republica, this hotel is ideally located and was a brilliant base for a few days sightseeing. Check-in was seamless and the hotel room was lovely - based on the 23rd floor allowed for a great view over Sao Paulo - and was very welcoming, clean and comfortable. The shower, too, was excellent and our whole stay here was very enjoyable. There's a wide range on offer at breakfast and the quality was very good. The hotel bar is reasonably priced and I'd happily recommend this hotel to friends or family.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Steven N
Lucila M, Gerente at Hotel Novotel Sao Paulo Jaragua Convention, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Dear S_neil

Reviewed 2 March 2014

Pros: price ($100 USD), centrally located, friendly & helpful staff, and clean & up-to-date rooms.

Cons: the room was small - more European sized, and the bathroom was quite small. The safe was also frustrating to operate.

However, as you can see, aside from the smaller room (small, by American standards), it's quite a nice hotel.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank tyler_cp

Dear Mr. Tyler

I would like to thank you for your interest in writting about your experience, helping us to improve our services at Novotel Jaraguá. Thank you so much for the criticism and praises!

Reviewed 7 February 2014

This has been a classic hotel right in the city centre since the 1950s and was recently completely renovated. Now the rooms are well-equipped and very modern. The staff are very friendly and you could not find a better down-town location so I strongly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank markhillary
Lucila M, Gerente at Hotel Novotel Sao Paulo Jaragua Convention, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Dear Mr. Markhilla

Reviewed 26 January 2014

This is a great hotel to stay in. The rooms are excellent, the staff is very helpful, the breakfast is nice, internet speeds are ok, you also have computers to use for free in case required, front desk will print pages for you for free (recycled pages \m/).

Maria at front desk sent a letter to my room with address, walking directions and openings hours of vegetarian restaurants - a beautiful gesture considering I only mentioned that I'm a vegetarian and dint seek help. She also made sure the room service food was always vegetarian. It was truly one hotel in which every staff wanted to help you.

Kids stay free with parents and also get free breakfast.

The only slight hiccup was that it was very difficult to order food or laundry since that staff did not spoke English. Also, there are almost no vegetarian options. However, the front desk made sure that they helped me in this regard proactively everyday (after I spoke about it just once). The AC does not have a remote for lazy people like me. And parking charges (like rest of Sao Paulo) are steep.

But this is a hotel I'd recommend to anyone going to SP - for business or leisure.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business