“Good and bad. Old and new.”

Hotel Novotel Sao Paulo Jaragua Convention
Ranked #33 of 328 Hotels in Sao Paulo
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 24 July 2014

This is a place I struggled to understand since the first day.
Good (not much of it) and bad:
Despite some efforts, it struggles to keep customers satisfied and wanting to come back. I am a platinum member with Accor. Even so, out of 5 requests (nothing extra-ordinary), 4 had NO as the default answer. Explaining common practices/standards in other 4star hotels (even of Novotel chain), opens the possibility of getting what is needed. This is probably due to how young the staff/management is and its relative inexperience. They don't talk to each other, so make sure you always talk to the same person about the same problem not to waste lots of time. Call the laundry to have your clothes delivered, check them and make sure they are not damaged (as happened to 2 colleagues). Keep receipts of everything, as what is (or is not) in the system is not necessarily what happened. Hotel restaurant: factor in at least 40minutes to be served when it's empty (not talking about room service). Internet: painfully slow. Aircond has a life of its own.
Old and new:
Room style belongs to the 80s. Pipes for hot water might be older, as it takes average 10minutes to get it. Only reception is new, but that's not where you will be sleeping.
All in all, a 4 star hotel which deserves maximum 3; a Novotel venue which feels Novotel only for the branded gadgets for sale at the lobby.
Go if you interest is in downtown and if rate is very convenient.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Jarves R, Gerente geral at Hotel Novotel Sao Paulo Jaragua Convention, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear Mr. 24 Floor

I’ll share your review with our team to encourage them to better serve our guests always and guarantee the success of this hotel.

About your negative points mentioned, I am truly sorry. You are completely correct in being disappointed with the informed points, but I can ensure to you that we are already doing our best work to deal with these kind of questions. I really glad to have the opportunity to receive your review and I would like to thank you for being sincere with us. Your review fortify the importance of this points in our workplan and I will lead our team to make the this changes as soon as posible.

If you need have further information please do not hesitate in contacting me.

Best regards

Write a ReviewReviews (2,039)

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights over the World Cup and, in most aspects, had a very good stay.

As I am a Le Club Platinum we were upgraded to an executive suite (a large single room with a sofa area in addition to the bed/s, with a swivelling TV sitting on a partition between the two areas), which was very well appointed and comfortable and had all we needed, and we were thus very happy with the room.

Staff are not quite as professional as one would expect, not very attentive or quick to respond to calls/requests, but we encountered this all over Brazil in many high-Star hotels and they were not as bad as other places!

Location of the hotel is also excellent, with the city centre and great restaurants all in walking distance.

I was also surprised how reasonable the room rates were.

Would return again on a future trip.

Room Tip: High floor if noise is an issue for you.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Jarves R, Gerente geral at Hotel Novotel Sao Paulo Jaragua Convention, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear Mr.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

this is a solid hotel. its in middle of SP and it has a all the things you need for a comfortable stay .
the restaurant is pretty good but a bit expensive. you are next to plenty of shopping and entertainment. the area gets a bit sketchy at nights but overall its nice.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Jarves R, Gerente geral at Hotel Novotel Sao Paulo Jaragua Convention, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear Mr. Chico.

About the negative points, I already share it with the respective responsables to study some options to reduce this kind of impact in our guests.

If you need further information please do not hesitate in contacting me.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

We stayed for 2 nights and found the hotel to be good . The front desk was very efficient and quick. The rooms were neat and clean however the property needs some renovation as the towels and other stuff appeared to be pretty old and worn out. Location is excellent and good. The room air conditioner did not work and they had no repair guy despite my complaining at the front desk

Room Tip: The executive suite was not worth the money, a regular room was ok
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Jarves R, Gerente geral at Hotel Novotel Sao Paulo Jaragua Convention, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear Mr. Ajaybgarg

About your negative points mentioned, I already sent you a personal message to check some informations and understand better what you dislike in our structure. We will need to understand you better and get more information about your room to ensure the maintenance of air conditioner and any other improve to be done, please, answer us as soon as possible.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

The Novotel Jaragua is a good business / convention hotel. Rooms at Novotel standards. Good location with several nice restaurants nearby (e.g. the Famiglia Mancini) as well as breakfast and lunch options. The hotel restaurant itself is unappealing and a decent bar or lounge are lacking. The hotel breakfast is fine, but rather standard (it does have an Asian section). We had two junior suites on the top (26th) floor which were spacious. Room 2609 had a small couch and was larger than room 2617, which had a small working table. In both rooms the shower was erratic: warm water was unpredictable. A reasonable gym, no swimming pool o spa. The staff are very helpful. But they have to cope with Brazilian check-in administration, which is nightmarish, particularly if large groups arrive. It took us more than half an hour to check in with 8 people. Check-out, however, can be done in an 'express' mode. Stay here if you want a decent business hotel at a good location. If you expect a nice atmosphere with a good lounge / bar / restaurant, look for other options.

Room Tip: Top floors have problem with warm water for the shower
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Jarves R, Gerente at Hotel Novotel Sao Paulo Jaragua Convention, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear Mr. Schreuder.

About your negative points, we already sent you a personal message to understand exactly what you didn't like in the services mentioned. Please, could you send us more information about what displeased you?

Reviewed 25 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Jarves R, Gerente geral at Hotel Novotel Sao Paulo Jaragua Convention, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Reviewed 24 June 2014

As all viewers know about my posts, I try to stay positive and highlight this in my posts on a particular quality of a hotel. This hotel needs to improve tremendously. At any money its not worth your stay at the moment.

In this review I have even factored the soccer world cup and its impact on staff and resources. So I have not commented on that because I found the cleaning staff, check-in staff, porters etc. adequately capable of handling large movements of people on special events. Congratulations to them. However, their "tools" they have to work with let this place down. So its not the staff, its the management and the facilities that need to be improved!

Several issues are of concern. For one, the internet is poor. Forget about using it, its sooo slow, drops out, and of course i'm just a guest so calling every day to try to get it resolved ended up by them saying "all is fine here, it must be your computer". Yeah right.

Secondly, I wanted early check in as I was going to check out very very early. The reception used the excuse that the hotel was full so a room wasn't available unless I paid for another half day. So was the hotel full?? I think not. This was organized and noted in my reservation. However it was not the trigger to my poor assessment of this property.

Location wise, adequate, but not the greatest part of town as everything is a moderate distance to walk to. A nice 24 hour eatery is outside the property and is popular and the food is great!

Hot water takes 10 minutes to get warm in the room. A real waste of precious water! Towels are those really small motel-style ones and hopefully this hotel understands that there is a lot of room for improvement at this property - and it should start with management as the staff here are dutiful, work well and effectively, but its the tools they have to work with that let this property down so much. Otherwise, the room and décor is quite nice! So, hopefully one day I'd like to return to this property if other reviewers can see the above improvements happen!

Room Tip: room for improvement in whole hotel, period!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank 2greendollars
Jarves R, Gerente geral at Hotel Novotel Sao Paulo Jaragua Convention, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear Mr. 2greendollar

First, I would like to thank you for your interest in writting about your experience, helping us to improve our services at Novotel Jaraguá.

I am very glad to have the opportunity to receive your review about us, but very sad in reading about your disappoint, and also very concerned. I’m really sorry for can’t provide you the stay that you expected on this opportunity.

We have new management team and those pleope are working hard to improve the experiencie of lodging. We have a lot of work to do, but everyone is applied in make part of a big change that I, personally, developed to the sucess of Novotel Jaraguá.

As an example, we installed a Eletronic Concierge on the lobby, which help our guests to have options and information of leisure, gastronomy, airline tickets and tourism in São Paulo. With this new, our Front Desk team have the perfect support to indicate the alternatives of leisure for all the guests.

I’ll share your review with my coworkers to encourage them to do the best work than ever, give the tools that you talked about and ensure the development of our service.

I will be very happy to have the chance to receive you again and show you improvements.

If you need further information please do not hesitate in contacting me.

Best regards.