“Comfortable Hotel”

Hotel Novotel Sao Paulo Jaragua Convention
Ranked #30 of 326 Hotels in Sao Paulo
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Stayed here as part of world cup tour, was nice secure hotel which was reassuring in this city. Reception staff efficient and spoke good English. Wifi didn't work in rooms very well but fine in lobby area, also had ample computers available downstairs. Breakfast area large with big variety available, had meal in restaurant also which was very nice. Room good, only problem was shower was either boiling hot or freezing cold.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Jarves R, Gerente geral at Hotel Novotel Sao Paulo Jaragua Convention, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear Mr. Szoka

I would like to thank you for your interest in writting about your experience, helping us to improve our services at Novotel Jaraguá.

I’ll share your review with our team to encourage them to better serve our guests always and ensure the success of this hotel.

About your negative points mentioned, I am sending a direct message to check some information about your accomodation. Can you send us your room number or booking number or full name? We will need this information to find the problem that you mentioned in the shower and understand better what you disliked.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Jarves R, Gerente geral at Hotel Novotel Sao Paulo Jaragua Convention, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Hotel is conveniently located. However, they forgot 2 x in a row to make up the beds in our room. When we came back and wanted to put the kids to bed, the beds were not ready. When calling and asking why... We were told 'the would make a note'. Also the room only has 1 glass while we staid with four. Simple things which irritate. Not Novotel worthy.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank BOBNL
Jarves R, Gerente geral at Hotel Novotel Sao Paulo Jaragua Convention, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear Mr. BOBNL NL

I’ll share your review with our team to encourage them to better serve our guests always and guarantee the success of this hotel.

About your negative points mentioned, I already sent you a personal message to check some informations. We will need it to understand you better and get more information about your accommodation to ensure we will take the right decisions about the informed problems.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

This is a place I struggled to understand since the first day.
Good (not much of it) and bad:
Despite some efforts, it struggles to keep customers satisfied and wanting to come back. I am a platinum member with Accor. Even so, out of 5 requests (nothing extra-ordinary), 4 had NO as the default answer. Explaining common practices/standards in other 4star hotels (even of Novotel chain), opens the possibility of getting what is needed. This is probably due to how young the staff/management is and its relative inexperience. They don't talk to each other, so make sure you always talk to the same person about the same problem not to waste lots of time. Call the laundry to have your clothes delivered, check them and make sure they are not damaged (as happened to 2 colleagues). Keep receipts of everything, as what is (or is not) in the system is not necessarily what happened. Hotel restaurant: factor in at least 40minutes to be served when it's empty (not talking about room service). Internet: painfully slow. Aircond has a life of its own.
Old and new:
Room style belongs to the 80s. Pipes for hot water might be older, as it takes average 10minutes to get it. Only reception is new, but that's not where you will be sleeping.
All in all, a 4 star hotel which deserves maximum 3; a Novotel venue which feels Novotel only for the branded gadgets for sale at the lobby.
Go if you interest is in downtown and if rate is very convenient.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Jarves R, Gerente geral at Hotel Novotel Sao Paulo Jaragua Convention, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear Mr. 24 Floor

About your negative points mentioned, I am truly sorry. You are completely correct in being disappointed with the informed points, but I can ensure to you that we are already doing our best work to deal with these kind of questions. I really glad to have the opportunity to receive your review and I would like to thank you for being sincere with us. Your review fortify the importance of this points in our workplan and I will lead our team to make the this changes as soon as posible.

If you need have further information please do not hesitate in contacting me.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights over the World Cup and, in most aspects, had a very good stay.

As I am a Le Club Platinum we were upgraded to an executive suite (a large single room with a sofa area in addition to the bed/s, with a swivelling TV sitting on a partition between the two areas), which was very well appointed and comfortable and had all we needed, and we were thus very happy with the room.

Staff are not quite as professional as one would expect, not very attentive or quick to respond to calls/requests, but we encountered this all over Brazil in many high-Star hotels and they were not as bad as other places!

Location of the hotel is also excellent, with the city centre and great restaurants all in walking distance.

I was also surprised how reasonable the room rates were.

Would return again on a future trip.

Room Tip: High floor if noise is an issue for you.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Jarves R, Gerente geral at Hotel Novotel Sao Paulo Jaragua Convention, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear Mr.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

this is a solid hotel. its in middle of SP and it has a all the things you need for a comfortable stay .
the restaurant is pretty good but a bit expensive. you are next to plenty of shopping and entertainment. the area gets a bit sketchy at nights but overall its nice.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Jarves R, Gerente geral at Hotel Novotel Sao Paulo Jaragua Convention, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear Mr. Chico.

About the negative points, I already share it with the respective responsables to study some options to reduce this kind of impact in our guests.

If you need further information please do not hesitate in contacting me.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

We stayed for 2 nights and found the hotel to be good . The front desk was very efficient and quick. The rooms were neat and clean however the property needs some renovation as the towels and other stuff appeared to be pretty old and worn out. Location is excellent and good. The room air conditioner did not work and they had no repair guy despite my complaining at the front desk

Room Tip: The executive suite was not worth the money, a regular room was ok
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Jarves R, Gerente geral at Hotel Novotel Sao Paulo Jaragua Convention, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear Mr. Ajaybgarg

About your negative points mentioned, I already sent you a personal message to check some informations and understand better what you dislike in our structure. We will need to understand you better and get more information about your room to ensure the maintenance of air conditioner and any other improve to be done, please, answer us as soon as possible.