This was my first trip to Brasil so I don't have much of a reference point for this review. I was on a business trip, with a week's worth of conferences at the hotel itself.
The room was large, comfortable and kept very clean. Same with the bathroom. It's not the most modern, but everything works well. The TV is new, however. If you have time to kill here's a tip: It's a new Sony bravia TV and can play movies from a USB memory stick. Google the relevant formats and come prepared. I will, next time!
You need to use the "do not disturb" sign on the door otherwise they come in many times to clean the room and check towels etc. They also keep closing the black-out curtains which became irritating (but it's to keep the heat out - so full marks for being environmentallty aware).
I'm a light sleeper but, maybe because I was so tired after each day's conference and an evening spent on Caipirinhas, I slept well. So traffic noise isn't a big problem provided you keep the window shut.
Breakfast was OK. Maybe they read reviews below and changed, because every day there were loads of local fruits and fruit jiuces. Brazilian fruit is wonderful.
The restaurant for the lunch buffet was great. When it's shut and/or you need to order from the menu it's not so special, and expensive. However, it's still not bad; just that there are better options if you have time to leave the hotel.
The conference facilities and service was very good. Everything worked well; the snacks were always delivered on time; the microphones/projectors etc all worked.
Staff are very friendly and the hotel feels spacious as there are a few places to chill with a coffee/beer/cocktail and chat, or work. The wireless network always connects but internet speeds can be very slow.
Hotel was expensive, but maybe every hotel in Sao Paulo is; I don't know. In summary, because the location is in the middle of nowhere, I'd only recommend you stay here if you specifically need to be in this location. However, if you do need to be here, then it's a great choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Considered the only urban resort of the city, the Hotel Transamerica São Paulo is the perfect combination of comfort, sophistication and tranquility for those who travel for business or leisure. Renown for its incomparable hospitality, the Transamérica São Paulo offers comfortable lodgings and excellence in service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hotel Transamerica Sao Paulo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Transamerica Sao Paulo Hotel Sao Paulo
- Transamerica Hotel Sao Paulo
- Hotel Transamerica Sao Paulo Brazil