“Needs a serious facelift”

Radisson Sao Paulo Vila Olimpia
Ranked #23 of 321 Hotels in Sao Paulo
“Needs a serious facelift”
Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

This hotel is old and run down. My room had an old feel to it, the sink would not drain, the shower was disgusting, the only outlets to plug in we're across the room. I was very disappointed. I travel a lot and all over the world and this is one of the worst I have stayed anywhere, ever. Avoid if you can.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
ahiitc, Gerente de Serviços at Radisson Sao Paulo Vila Olimpia, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to evaluating Radisson Vila Olimpia!

I regret that your experience has not been satisfactory. As Services Manager of this property I will be analyzing the situation with the supervisor responsible and take whatever actions are necessary to correct the error and prevent a reoccurrence.

In the name of the team of the Radisson Vila Olimpia, I apologize and hope to be able to restore our relationship. Please feel free to contact me through my email before your next Stay and know the renovated rooms. It would be my pleasure to be able to receive you personally.

Carla Calderon
Services Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Korean first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 4 May 2014

The hotel is currently going though a room renovation, which leads to a lot of disturbance like noice, blocked elovatorsand especially the intensive smell of fresh paint. Despite that the Hotel is ok, I got one of the renovated rooms, which are well done have a nice rainshower. The bed is good and they have a very good high speed internet. Unfortunate they keeped the old very loud aircon.
Like nearly every hotel room currently in Sao Paulo you can not really call it value for money, I hope that will change again after the worldcup. If the renovations is done it is definitly a recomendable hotel.

Room Tip: Try to get a renovated room
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
ggeralrvo, Gerente de relações com clientes at Radisson Sao Paulo Vila Olimpia, responded to this review, 14 December 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and for evaluating our services!
I will be glad to have you as our guest again in the future!

Curitiba, Parana, Brazil
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I'm used to travel a lot to São Paulo for business reasons, and I stayed at this hotel past April, 28th to 30th and was a very nice surprise to me. The room is definitely a business class, very new furniture, good space and superb shower. I received a bottle of water, and 2 fresh fruits every day. Nothing to complain, everything went very well.

Room Tip: I havent noticed any difference between the side or room floors.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
ggeralrvo, Gerente de relações com clientes at Radisson Sao Paulo Vila Olimpia, responded to this review, 11 November 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for publishing your opinion about our services here!
We are glad you enjoyed you stay with us and hope you come back soon!

Riga, Latvia
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I stayed in this hotel for a week in March. The location is good, right in the center of the business area, so if you are on a business trip and the company is nearby in the olimpia area - this hotel is in a good place. The room is spacious but the air conditioner was too loud (and I did not turn it on at nights for this reason). Also, the water smelled weird in the bathroom, but overall the room was clean all the time. There is a restaurant Viena downstairs but I recommend to dine somewhere outside - there is Hooters right in front of the hotel and the big shopping mall Vila Olimpia.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
ggeralrvo, Gerente de relações com clientes at Radisson Sao Paulo Vila Olimpia, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear Guest ,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our evaluation.
In name from the team of the Radisson Vila Olímpia, I appreciate your comments I thank you again I hope that we will soon be able to receive you as our guest again!

Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 25 March 2014

This was my first and last time staying at the Radisson Vila Olimpia. I chose this hotel for location and price, but I've learned my lesson. Radisson should be ashamed to call this part of their group. The hotel needs an upgrade in the worst way. I arrive at 3 am after a late flight, and was given a room with a deafening buzz due to the air conditioning. I was told that there were no other rooms and I would have to wait until the morning to change my room. Fortunately they did, but they offered no apology or compensation for a horrible night's sleep. The shower stall was not properly sealed, so a shower resulted in flooding out the bathroom floor which was a miserable experience. I paid extra for the breakfast, which was ok at best. The area where they serve breakfast is very much like a cafeteria, and loud, and the wifi doesn't reach there. I will not return to this property until it undergoes a complete renovation. For the price I paid, I expect a cleaner hotel and more attention to problem like a noisy air conditioner.

1 Thank carragam
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Radisson Sao Paulo Vila Olimpia, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with hotel management to ensure all guest rooms are up to Radisson standards. To discuss your stay further, please contact Corporate Customer Care at your earliest convenience.
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Hotels in SÃO seem to all be of an average level and this one is no different. The area is very nice and the hotel is opposite a very swanky shopping centre. Walking around at night ( safe area) I found a place to eat every few yards and liked the look of all of them too. Ok back to the hotel. Gym is ok but a bit lonely looking, not really inviting you in. Swimming pool looks ok but I didn't bother with it. The hotel does not have a proper bar area so its a bit soulless at night, just a cafeteria looking area. Rooms were big, bed was horrid and room servicing was poor. For example, I had to waste 10 mins per morning trying to get a laundry bag and list, and then the next day the same thing again, toilet broke twice, iron blew up and blew the power in my room, so loads of annoying little things that just meant you could not get on without a small drama every five mins.
Apart from that the shower was outstanding and the really weird thing was the TV was the best I have ever had in any hotel in any country at anybody level of room or hotel chain, a totally outstanding size and picture. My office is opposite so will probably stay again, . If I was manager of this hotel,I could improve it in 24 hours with a few changes.

Room Tip: All the same, no dramas
Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
Reviewed 7 February 2014

This hotel is now called Radisson Vila Olímpia. The location is great for a business traveller. Its a few meters away from shopping Vila Olímpia, and within walking distance to all main office buildings in this neighborhood (just 2 blocks away of my company's office).

The staff is very friendly and try everything to solve your problems and to make you feel good in your stay. But there were too many issues in my stay because of the old or poorly maintened rooms.

On my first day of stay I had to change rooms because of the A/C unit noise.

On my second day the bathroom was flooded due to a lack of impermeabilization in the bath box.

On my third day I had no cold water in the shower, I had to bath in almost boiling water.

On my fourth day the internet did not worked at all.

It deserves 3 star just because of the friendly and motivated staff. Otherwise the grade would be zero.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Daniel F
ggeralrvo, Gerente de relações com clientes at Radisson Sao Paulo Vila Olimpia, responded to this review, 28 August 2015
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Radisson Vila Olímpia as your lodging option in the city .

Each guest feedback to us is of fundamental importance . At the appropriate time will be put into practice, always with the aim of providing comfort and well-being

Angélica Freire | Guest Relation