“Great place to spend the night”

Paulista Wall Street Suites
Ranked #98 of 328 Hotels in Sao Paulo
Reviewed 21 March 2014

It's really good and confortable. Also the breakfast is included so it's easy to start the day without having problems. It's close to the main street (Paulista Avenue). They have bilingual speakers so if you don't know portuguese they can help you.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 1 November 2013

I stayed here was 3 nights as my work was near it, the service was good & I want to particularly thank the English speaking reception guys who arranged for the traditional South Indian rice with yoghurt(curd) for me & an another friend staying there, moreover the suites were good & worthwhile. Surely I ll choose this suites for my future stays

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 September 2013

I have a deep experience on Paulista Wall Street suites since I lived there for 5 months to to a business project in São Paulo.

This aparthotel is just my the MASP museum which means it is right by the Ave Paulista, the most significant street in São Paulo and close to Jardins the best neighborhood in the city.

Belavista is a quiet and safe neighborhood which is something to consider in São Paulo. However the rooms of the suites are too dated with an awful moquette. The good thing is all rooms are equipped with a jacuzzi and there is a small pool and gym on the top floor.

Staff is very friendly and helpful which is something common in São Paulo. However consider if you want to enjoy São Paulo crazy nightlife, those are mainly in Moema, villa Magdalena or Itaim Bibi which are a bit far from this suites although distances in SP are always huge.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Stayed here for a little over two weeks on a business trip in Sao Paulo. The location is perfect if you have business within the Paulista neighborhood. Very close to the metro station, museums, shopping, grocery, and entertainment.

The service was great - staff went out of their way to assist us. The lobby is nicely decorated, restaurant is pretty decent, bar is fine. Everything was kept very clean.

The actual condition of the rest of the hotel though is another story. Rooms are a decent size (more like small apartments). I had a bunch of trouble though - everything from not having *any* cold water in my apartment the first three days to a bed that wasn't level to not having any dishes in the kitchen until I asked for them. The refrigerator was also in rough condition and very small even for an apartment fridge.

The internet service is a pain. I would expect a hotel that caters to business customers who stay longer periods wouldn't have to "unlock" the internet every 12 hours and have options that better meet the needs of their clientele.

If the hotel would update some of these features (new beds, new internet service, updated appliances) it would be a top notch establishment.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 February 2013

I stayed in this hotel for two weeks while attending a seminar at a nearby university. While the hotel is indeed dated, it was still a nice place. The location is great (right next to MASP on Paulista), the rooms are clean, the restaurant and bar have good food/drinks for reasonable prices, overnight parking is cheap, there's a gym (not very nice but better than nothing), and the staff was helpful. There seemed to always be a lot of security guards throughout the hotel, so safety should not be of concern. However, a friend left sunglasses by the pool unattended for 20 minutes and they were stolen.

One thing that irritated me throughout the trip is that you had to pay for WiFi. It's 2013 - a semi-upscale hotel should no longer be charging for WiFi.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 January 2013

Decent sized suites, small Jacuzzi and good location right off Paulista avenue. Clean and all-round good service. Safe area. Breakfast is ok, although for some reason they are not keen on serving bread besides pastries.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 November 2012

I had to stay here while I was lecturing at summer school. The place was a bit of a dive. The first room they took us to had a *really* small bed, so we asked to be shifted on the spot to a twin room. Thankfully that got us off the ground floor. Then in all the rooms, they only have a safety chain for the balcony. and the windows open half way. Anyone determined could easily slip inside. This in a city which is infamous for it's crime... They have a semi-full kitchen, but when we bought food to have a as snacks later we found that there were no pots and pans at all. Later my host at the summer school told me that you just need to ring down to recption to get these things. I rang reception and a few minutes later a bell boy arrived with two pots (nothing else) I asked him for more stuff (ie plates, cutlery, but he just told me to ring reception again.) So I range reception and asked for plates and cutlery. The bell boy came back with plates. Then I range reception again and this time a different bell boy came back with cutlery and cups. I finally had to ring reception a fourth time for matches and then finally, we made up a few cup of soups... Then the next day when the room was cleaned all the hard fought pots, pans, plates, and cutlery was gone...

When room service came they often forgot stuff. Eg they forgot to give us toilet paper one time. I was talking to one of the colleagues at the summer school and he said they didn't have soap and we joked we should trade soap for toilet paper with each other. We then compared notes and they told me they managed to get the pots and pans after only 3 calls to reception instead of our 4 calls. They were also smarter than us and they hid all their pots and pans, and cutlery so they were not taken by house cleaning the very next day...

Also there was no welcome pack to the hotel talking about services the hotel had, like a laundry or a gym or anything (at least there wasn't in our room) so when one of my colleagues told me there was a gym I thought great! I later met the bell boy in the lift and I asked him ho long the exercise room was open, to which he replied 11pm. So at 10:10 after working on my talks I went to get an hour of exercise and found it closed at... 10pm... The next day when I was jogging on the running machines I found they stupidly put some handles on the treadmill right were your hands normally swing when running. I have been a member of my local gym for 5 years, and other gyms before that, and never had a problem. So once I finally got on their treadmill and started running I hit my hand on the stupid handles and then started bleeding everywhere. I went down to reception to get a band aid from their first aid kit... Guess what? No first aid kit! In a hotel of 29 floors and some 10 rooms per floor (from memory but maybe more per floor)... One of the main receptionists didn't speak Spanish or English! I couldn't believe this in a hotel so big! She always screwed up her face when I was talking to her... She was also texting a few times when I was trying to talk to her and wasn't giving us her attention... The breakfast people were kind of weird (we both nick named the waiter igor...) although the food wasn't terrible (it was edible). The internet was 7 Reais for 128KBps for 6 hours (and no you didn't read that wrong...) You had to pay 60 Reais for 512KBps for 24 hours and that was still terribly slow.

They did construction in the morning on our floor a couple of days before we left so we had them move us to another floor... where... they did construction again the next morning...

One positive thing I have to mention is there showers were really strong full showers and had this Jacuzzi hot tube with them... although this went along with maybe their slightly strange attempts at artsiness with their pictures of naked woman on all the walls of the rooms.

We would have long ago moved from this hotel except for the fact the conference was paying for it and my colleagues where there. (I had to stay there for a full terrible 10 days...)

In summary stay somewhere else...

Room Tip: Somewhere high up. And get the even numbered rooms since they have a much better outlook.