“Bad Service - Shady Practices”

Quality Suites Long Stay Bela Cintra
Ranked #52 of 321 Hotels in Sao Paulo
US
“Bad Service - Shady Practices”
Reviewed 27 January 2008

Found this long term stay hotel thru web search, suggest you avoid. Their management play games with pricing, no one speaks English (advertised as English speaking staff) and take forever to fix anything.

I choose them based on price & location, they advertised 6 plans, 30 day stays discounted, and proximity to Line 2 subway. Viewed and choose a basic floor plan, verified vacancy with the front desk, and asked to reserve a room. The front desk's English was so poor, he told me to call back the next day to talk to the English speaking mgr.

After several calls requesting the mgr and being told she wasn't available, I physically returned two days later, the mgr then informed me there was No Vacancies for the room I wanted, but was happy to put me into the 2nd most expensive room and demanded a large deposit. When I asked her about the other 4 floor plans which were cheaper, she developed an attitude, said they werent available and said to take it or leave it. Since I had arranged to move out of my previous residence and had no time to find another place I accepted the 'upgrade room'.

The next day I moved in, once again the front desk didn't speak English and the English speaking mgr was not available, so they called out the Eastern European owner who spoke basic English. Since I was paying in cash I asked if there was a discount, upon which he offered a 2.5% discount on the remaining balance of my monthly rent. ( He refused to apply discount the to the earlier deposit). Later learned from the owners granddaughter, who also worked as a mgr, they normally offer a 5% discount for cash payments. Also learned that non-foreigners had no problem getting into the economical floorplans.

Having moved in, I had problems with the telephone, fan and maid cleanup( towels?, inconsistent time of service). I had to ask them 3-4 times to fix my phone which was full of static and did not ring from time to time. The fan in the room made a horrible racket which they never fixed. The refrigerator was not cleaned when I moved in.

In summary, they are shady regarding their pricing and how they rent rooms, offer NO English speaking day to day personel and are extremely rude. Watch out for the front desk employees in the morning who will be as unhelpful and rude as possible when if you try to speak to them in English or even basic Portuguese.

Oh also when billed me for the phone I found they charged TRIPLE the per min fee the owner had stated when I moved in.

I would suggest trying a private apt rental or a hostel.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — pricing and service - false advertising
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Turkish first
Golden Tulip Sao Paulo Paulista
Bela Vista
Intercity The Universe Paulista
Pergamon Sao Paulo Frei Caneca

Been to Quality Suites Long Stay Bela Cintra? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Quality Suites Long Stay Bela Cintra

Property: Quality Suites Long Stay Bela Cintra
Address: Rua Bela Cintra 521, Sao Paulo, State of Sao Paulo 01415-001, Brazil
Region: Brazil > State of Sao Paulo > Sao Paulo > Consolacao
Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Restaurant Room Service Swimming Pool
#31 Luxury Hotel in Sao Paulo
#32 Business Hotel in Sao Paulo
#40 Family Hotel in Sao Paulo
#60 Romantic Hotel in Sao Paulo
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:4 star — Quality Suites Long Stay Bela Cintra 4*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Prestigia, Priceline, Ebookers, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Quality Suites Long Stay Bela Cintra reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Quality Suites Long Stay Bela Cintra Sao Paulo, Brazil