“good business stay”

Ranked #14 of 323 Hotels in Sao Paulo
Cleveland, Ohio
“good business stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Great location for food in a central location of sao paolo . Service wss good as you would expect from a Radisson. Reasonable price for business stay, would recommend. Dinner in hotel was commendable but the availability of places to eat make it a great choice.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Karnal, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

stayed at the hotel for 3 nights in the month of February the hotel is 45 minutes drive from the airport at the financial district of brazil the property is not as big as the property of Radisson hotel worldwide but is has all the amenities .
the room size is good the breakfast is standard on the ground floor the swimming pool is on the top floor its not big but just a swimming pool and have sauna and team room too on the top floor .
the moment u move out from the hotel there r many coffee shops and local joint near bye for example orchid is a nice café place to hang the gas station is opposite the hotel they have a convenience store too near bye for some drinks and some basic things .the big premium mall faria lima its 30 minutes walk from the hotel u can get all the major brands for shopp9ng and they have a food court on the top floor .
the financial district is 10 minutes walk from the hotel.
recommend this hotel if u want to stay in the city and on the prime location and keeping in view the safety

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Buenos Aires
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

My company recently moved offices to this area of town so we had to select new hotels. I was hesitant at first since this hotel is 12 blocks away from my office and there were others that were closer. I chose this one because it is a Radisson and I must say I was not disappointed.

Let me start by saying that this area is very nice and full of great restaurants and pubs.

The room was spacious and clean, well lit and with a trendy décor. Service was great both from front desk as well as housekeeping. The bathroom has good amenities and the room features a large LCD Samsung TV. Bed and pillows very comfortable. The a/c system is very quiet and works very well. All seems new and in good working order.

The lobby is trendy and welcoming and on the back there is the bar/restaurant which offers great service and has nice garden views. I did not have dinner but I did get the breakfast which was included in my rate and it was great, everything you may want for breakfast is there and one thing I like (and probably other business travelers will also appreciate)is that you can pour the coffee yourself instead of having to wait for a waiter. The staff is very kind and attentive.

The only negative, which is not enough for me to downgrade a point is the size of the bathroom. Although my room was very spacious, the bathroom was very small and cramped. I find this to be a common denominator at many Radisson properties.

All around a great experience and I although I have other options closer to my office, I plan to come back to this hotel next time in Sao Paulo.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Yardley, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

This was my second time at this hotel in 2 years and they were just finishing up a renovation. I stayed for business for 21 days and I so wish I was in another hotel.

The hotel is in a great location. There are plenty of nice restaurants around, the area is safe to walk around in and there's quaint a coffee/restaurant named Octavo nearby too. There is a beautiful park named Parque do Povo in walking distance where you can get in a nice run, walk or exercise on the equipment they've provided. There's a kid section, courts for soccer and nice bathrooms.

Here are my suggestions for the hotel manager:
- Replace all the carpets in the hotel. For a hotel that is going through renovations the carpets certainly did not appear to be replaced especially in the guest rooms.

- Enhance the internet connectivity. There were several times when the Internet connection was not working and even the router on my floor and near my room had to be reset. :-(

- Improve the whole flow of the breakfast grill in the morning. The staff who were managing the grill appeared to be not prepared for the amount of guests in the morning. Instead of having the staff wait on the guests for their orders of any type of egg (e.g. omelet, scrambled etc.), we had to go to the grill and ask for what we wanted. Poorly arranged.

- Ensure the cleaning staff vacuums the guest's room on a daily basis. I had debris (peanuts, dust) in my room for a week and not until I brought it to a cleaning staff's attention did my room get vacuumed.

- Ensure those staff members who mange the room service calls speak clearly and English. There were times when my order had to be repeated or I had to speak with someone else.

- Create some type of business center. Business guests usually like to work outside of their rooms on occasion, but the only thing the hotel has to offer is the very small lobby.

If I traveling to this area again and if I had my choice, it would not be the Radisson :-(

Stayed April 2014
recepcao_Bruna, Gerente at Radisson Blu Sao Paulo, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear Guest,

First of all, thank you for your stay in Radisson Faria Lima. For us, it so importante your comments.

I would like to apologize for the inconvenience that you had in your stay wit us. We are working on to improve our structures and services.

About your suggestions I would like to thank you and given you a feedback: we have an option without carpet; our business center is located on our lobby, sorry with didn’t get this information. About the internet connectivity we are improving our system, we know that this point is so importante for our guests.

If you return to Sao Paulo, please feel comfortable to contatct me and I will be glad to check you in personally.

Kind Regards,
Renata Rodini
Operation and Services Manager
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

The rooms are comfortable and the service is good. Also, the location is pretty central, I walked around late in the night and it seemed pretty safe. The only thing they could improve is the reception area, which looked a little junky!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Manchester
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

Hi all, Well if you are planning a trip to Sao Paulo like we did, we used it as a base til our Grand Cruise we decided to spend some decent money and stay here at the Royal Floor..... well dont bother spending the amount of money we did on booking this floor, if you do choose to stay here book a normal room with no frills becasue there really aren't any frills at all. there is no VIP 17th Floor as advertised, (the hotel promised me it would be taken down within 2 weeks but they still havent after 6 weeks) you have to pay for the Nespresso in the room (which we have never done before in a Radisson)

As it seemed with all Brazilians service is a slow way of life, i dont want that. i want to to walk in a hotel, be recognised, be checked in and be on my way to my room within 4 or 5 minutes. at the airport i ripped my jeans in a terribly awful place and was quite concerned what i was showing, so i tried to hurry but it was so difficult. although the reception team was very polite she decided to serve someone else while i was being checked in, she might have thought the other lady was a small enquiry but it really wasnt, so after a few minutes i asked someone else to check me in. At no time was i made to feel special or welcomed to the hotel, this could be because the lack of english was quite poor with a few of the team.

The room was quite small but we expected this as we did a lot of reviews on a lot of hotels in Sao Paulo. The bed was really comfortable absolutely no complaints there, the bathroom was incredibly small and was quite hard to use the toilet, the shower was nice with some good quality toiletries THESE WERE NEVER REPLACED THE NEXT DAY which was terrible but the side was cleaned and another body lotion appeared but guys dont normally use body lotion, there was no flowers/fruit in the room til i enquired at the front desk but these miraculously appeared within 20 minutes. The iron and board was terrible, that needs throwing away and replacing, they said the room had been refurbished but it really hadn't.

the swimming pool which is on the 17th floor and not the invisible VIP floor was freezing cold and not swimmable which probably explained why it was always empty, the sauna was broke i asked a housekeeper to report it but she just smiled and wandered off. the gym is a bit rubbish but usable.

Breakfast was nice, not a massive choice of hot breakfast but fresh omelettes were available.

the hotel bar was a bit disturbing service wise, we came to the bar sat down and the bar tender never came over, i asked if it was self service but he just ignored us so we walked out.

nothing really in the area, though there is a nice restaurant nect to the hotel has some cracking, beautiful and tasty food at very good prices. The seerver in there said a lot of people complain about the Radisson Faria Lima which is unsurprising.

We walked to the Mall which is huge, expensive but totally worth a visit. there a re a few shops on the way to and a gorgeous chocolate shop about 2 mins walk after the mall.

Would i stay at the Faria Lima next March when i return March 2015?

with all these problems i would say no, i asked to be contacted by a manager that was visiting the next day but she just left a message for me to say the room advert would be changed, IT HASNT.

The property was owned by Atlantica hotels if i remember correctly which is advertised all around the hotel, little mention of Radisson hotels and resorts. We all know that the Radisson dont actually own their hotels (apart from maybe a handful) as with all the chains but this is quite bad.

and i didnt get my Club Carlson Points which alwasy annoys me but these were credited within 48 hours.

If you do decide to stay here choose a normal room, and get it oin the cheap and you wont be disappointed. DO NOT SPLASH OUT ON DELUXE, SUITES OR ROYAL FLOOR SUITES with butler ha ha, they dont exist.

im sorry it wasnt much of a review but i ALWAYS LIKE TO TELL THE TRUTH HOW I FOUND IT BASED ON MY STAY. There is a little aircraft noise but nothing to loud, it is afterall on the flight path to the airport so what do you expect????

Enjoy your time in Sao Paulo.

Preston Brookes and Carl Phillips

Room Tip: if you have amazing hearing you might want to choose a lower floor to avoid aircraft noise,
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
recepcao_Bruna, Gerente at Radisson Blu Sao Paulo, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Dear Mr. Brookes and Mr. Phillips,

I would like to thank you for your stay with us and for the time that you took to evaluate our services.

How we already talked during your stay, we thank you for give us all the comments about websites and we would like to telllyou that all information were changed.

We apologize for your stay with us not being 100% satisfactory! Belive that we are working on all information you gave us to improve the quality of our services. Regarding your feed back about our VIP floor, we identify the mistakes and this won’t happend again! To improve our services we created a new room type, that is our Suite Royal, and your impressions about your stay helped us to make this a special floor.

If you return to São Paulo, please feel comfortable to contatct me and I will be glad to check you in personally and offer you an Upgrade to our Suite Royal (under avaiablility)!

Kind Regards,
Renata Rodini
Operation and Services Manager
Brussels, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

Reading a lot of the other reviews, I was a bit worried about what to expect. However, I was pleasantly surprised. Maybe it's because I came after the remodel was finished, but the hotel is modern and so was my room. There was complimentary fresh fruit, water and chocolate in my room every day. The staff were friendly and helpful. The breakfast was really good - good selection if not the biggest I have ever seen, but definitely sufficient.
I would without a doubt stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business