“Good Location, decent amenities, decent price”

Tryp Sao Paulo Iguatemi Hotel
Ranked #25 of 321 Hotels in Sao Paulo
GreenLeadersGold level
Porto, Portugal
“Good Location, decent amenities, decent price”
Reviewed 17 May 2013

I used to stay at the bigger brother, the Melia Jardim Europa, but due to the price I've changed to Tryp Iguatemi on my last trip to São Paulo.
The Hotel is well located, close enough to Itaim and also to some good restaurants and Shopping Malls.
I enjoyed Tryp Iguatemi, as it has good facilities, nice location, nice staff and a fair price. Also I managed the Breakfast included and it was a good one. They also have (slow) free Wi-fi

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Rodrigo S, Chefe de Serviços at Tryp Sao Paulo Iguatemi Hotel, responded to this review, 20 May 2013
Dear Mr. Pedritocalheiros,
Thank you for choosing Tryp Iguatemi for your stay in Sao Paulo and for comment our experiences. We regret not having met your expectations with our internet service. We are constantly working on improvements and on the internet throughout the hotel. We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again soon at TRYP Iguatemi.
Natalie Diorio - General Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Reviewed 11 May 2013

The staff was friendly from the beginning and the rooms were well fitted with comfortable beds and pillows.

Try getting higher floors due to the noisy in the street.

The room service food is not great.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Rodrigo S, Chefe de Serviços at Tryp Sao Paulo Iguatemi Hotel, responded to this review, 15 May 2013
Dear Mr. Gabriel R,
Firstly We would like to thank you for choosing TRYP Iguatemi for your stay in São Paulo and to spend your time to put your experience in Tripadivisor. Your opinion is very important to improve our services. We are already working on improvements to the service room and throughout the hotel. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon.
Natalie Diorio – General Manager
San Francisco, California, United States
Reviewed 21 February 2013

This is the second time I stay in this hotel in 2013 and it will be my last.....Why?

1) I had to sleep with the bathroom window open because the drain odor is terrible.

2) The Internet service advertise as "free" is a joke and it took me over an 1hr to obtain access to a network that doesn't even work for email. They also have routers design for home se than only accept 5 IP's at a time and need to be refreshed manually frequently.

3) I had a pricing issue during the reservation and the website http://www.tryphotels.com/ told me that I had to cancel the reservation directly in the hotel. On the other side, the hotel told me that the site is Not from the hotel and that I had to contact them first. It looked like a ping pong game and nobody cared about the customer.

4) Yo can hear each time someone closes the door of a room. Not very nice to wake up with a door bang each time someone leaves a room.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Sebastian R
Rodrigo S, Chefe de Serviços at Tryp Sao Paulo Iguatemi Hotel, responded to this review, 4 March 2013
First, we would like to thank you for making a comment about your stay with us. These comments help us to detect possible errors so that we can resolve them in our quest for continuous improvement. We feel so sorry for not meeting your expectations. We are taking action to improve internet speed and connection for our guests.
About the odor, we checked the drains to detect any abnormality. We have a directly line for any requests you may have during your stay.
Regarding to your reservation, we do have several promotions on our website, and some of them have special conditions. In this case you requested a promotional rate non refundable that couldn’t be changed or canceled by the hotel.
Your comments have been forwarded to the departments responsible for identifying potential errors and correct them in order to improve our Services.
We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again and may reevaluate the Hotel.
Best Regards,
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 13 January 2013

We just stayed there at the end of December, and it was a very good experience. The hotel is near lots of good shopping (Iguatemi Mall is about half a mile away) and not to far from Ibirapuera Park (around 1.5 miles away). The staff was very friendly and the room was nice and clean for the price (we paid around $135 per night). Breakfast was also included and was good. We only had two minor issues during our stay. First, when we checked-in, they tried to tell me that my reservation, which I made through hotels.com, was only for one person. Luckily, I had my hotels.com reservation printed out and showed them that it was in fact for two people. After showing them this, they agreed. Secondly, the free wifi was very slow and cut out all the time. I expected this as I've never had fast internet in Brazil, so it was not a big deal. Overall, it was a good stay.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Rodrigo S, Chefe de Serviços at Tryp Sao Paulo Iguatemi Hotel, responded to this review, 15 January 2013
Dear Mr. jholmes25,
First, we would like to thank you for choosing Tryp Iguatemi for your stay in Sao Paulo.
We appreciate your comments which are very important to improve our services. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you soon again at Tryp Iguatemi.

Campinas, SP
Reviewed 23 December 2012

Ideal for business or vacation trips to Sampa if you are focused in Jardins/Itaim regions.
Excellent service, good internet (included), nice rooms and a well served breakfast.
I had a meeting after breakfast and I asked for an "espresso"coffee. The machine was not OK and they apologized. Ten minutes later, while I was in a meeting, they arrived with two coffees!
Just one problem: my room in front of the street was noisy.

Room Tip: Ask for a back room, probably less noisy.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Rodrigo S, Chefe de Serviços at Tryp Sao Paulo Iguatemi Hotel, responded to this review, 24 December 2012
Dear Mr. CaioVi,
First we would like to thank you for choosing Tryp Iguatemi for your stay in Sao Paulo.
We appreciate your kind comments that contribute to perfect our services. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you soon again at Tryp Iguatemi.
Campinas São Paulo- Brasil
Reviewed 20 December 2012

Very good breakfast, good price but you have to ask for a discount!!!! Very noise but a very good location.Good size room,a lot of complimentary itens in the bathroom, old tv( no flat screen),king size bed,very confortable

Room Tip: Look for a room on the back of building
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Rodrigo S, Chefe de Serviços at Tryp Sao Paulo Iguatemi Hotel, responded to this review, 22 December 2012
Dear Miss valeriachouzal,
First we would like to thank you for choosing Tryp Iguatemi as your choice of accommodation in Sao Paulo. Thank you for your kindness on leaving your comments on TripAdvisor . We are renovating our apartment and you can soon enjoy a new experience.
We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again at Tryp Iguatemi.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 6 December 2012

Very well located for meetings with banks and other firms clustered around Faria Lima and Juscelino Kubitshek. The hotel restaurant was fine for the few days I was there, with the typical Brazilian hotel breakfast, lunch and dinner options. Perfectly fine, good service, but nothing special. Overall, I would say the hotel is comparable to the Mercure, Blue Tree, etc. hotels in SP.

My one complaint was the internet. I had a very poor connection to my company's Citrix environment -- unworkable. I measured it on www.speedtest.com and it was less than 1MB in terms of download speed (versus my 7-8MB speed at home or 12+MB at a law firm I visited while I was there).

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Rodrigo S, Chefe de Serviços at Tryp Sao Paulo Iguatemi Hotel, responded to this review, 17 December 2012
First we would like to thank you for choosing Tryp Iguatemi as your choice of accommodation in Sao Paulo. Thank you for your kindness on leaving your comments on TripAdvisor, which contributes to perfect our services because we value greatly the quality of our services and our mission, is to make your stay an unique experience. We are sorry for not having meting your expectations about our internet. Please be advised that we are taking the necessary steps for us to improve this item to offer a better internet service. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again at Tryp Iguatemi.