So this place is cheaper than many of the local alternates (Sheraton across the street and Hyatt a block away) but that is because you get what you pay for, and in this case it is not much.
The rooms are of a decent size and the beds are comfy. The bathrooms are small and daggy but functional. The hotel is not so Grand as the name suggests despite the elegant facade (the official pictures of the exterior are deliberately photo-shopped which is always a bad sign). The communual breakfast area is much like the food it serves (bleak and cold) and one side of the property currently overlooks a building site where they are working late shifts to try and get things finished for the World Cup.
But worst of all the check in / check out experience is as bad as it gets. Usually when they provide chairs at reception it is to recognize honoured guests. Here it is because they know you will pass out if you have to stand through the whole process - they really should provide beds or a movie.
The wine is overpriced, you can literally buy the whole wine list at the adjoining shop for half the price, and they had the nerve to try and charge me for ice.
So if your company is trying to cut costs you will probably end up here. If you have a choice, go somewhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Combining a classic architecture with rich and unique Brazilian decoration in the middle of Berrini and Nacoes Unidas Avenues, the Gran Estanplaza Berrini has become the newest benchmark in service refinement in Sao Paulo. Its touch of opulence and charm fascinate the most sophisticated guests. Ideal for business travelers, the hotel offers a full structure of services and facilities such as workstation with high speed internet in all rooms, DVD, central air- conditioning, 2 balconies in each room, sitting area, cable TV, marble bathroom, business center and 24 hour room service. Featuring the fitnmess centre the guests can enjoy all the facilities of an urban Spa, such as massage, sauna, yoga and relaxing sessions without leaving the hotel. Enjoy the library with fireplace or the happy hour at the European- style cafe after having a nice dinner at the Paillard Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Gran Estanplaza Berrini reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Estanplaza Sao Paulo Hotel Sao Paulo
- Gran Estanplaza Hotel Sao Paulo
- Gran Estanplaza Berrini Sao Paulo, Brazil