Estanplaza Funchal - Faria Lima
Melia Paulista(Sao Paulo)
US$116
US$95
  • Breakfast included
L'Hotel PortoBay Sao Paulo(Sao Paulo)
US$162
Hotel Unique(Sao Paulo)
US$388
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewsjk iguatemibreakfast buffetpower outletsbed was comfortabletwo nightslocation is greatyogurtwalking distancetop floorgood sizeshopping mallbusiness tripeatalybalconypaulofacilitiestv
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here 3 nights to attend a match for the world cup. The rooms are spacious and the bed was super comfortable! Got Free wifi in the rooms.. Mediocre shower pressure and the complimentary water was only provided to us the first day :( also no toothpaste provided as part of the amenities!

Breakfast is decent. Taxis weren't too sure of the location of the hotel so kept having trouble getting back but we always got there in the end. The Iguatemi mall next door was a good landmark. All in all a decent stay in Sao Paulo.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 24 October 2013

This hotel is adequate. The staff are friendly, the room is clean and quite spacious, the breakfast offers a decent spread, the Wifi works though is slow. No complaints. The hotel just lacks charm. It is in a business district right opposite Sao Paulo's most expensive shopping mall and near a park. It is ok, but nothing special.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 September 2013

From the moment I walked in the lobby, I felt good about being there. Everyone was very helpful. I needed to have some clothes ironed immediately, and they took them and had them back to me in 15 minutes. They helped me with my local cell phone and many other things. The room was very nice ... with great hot water, a sitting area and great A/C. The manager is american and, so if you are american (or speak English), he can help smooth out any rough spots of your trip. He helped me figure out how to use the metro and the bus station.

I thought the food was very good. One night I had the Tambaqui and loved it. The breakfast buffet was great, especially the omelets.

There are two shopping malls within a couple of blocks, which were very convenient for everything that I needed.

I will stay there every time I go back!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Ray S
Reviewed 5 August 2013

If the reason for going to SP is near the Estanplaza Funchal, either the office you are working at, or the shopping centers you plan to visit, this hotel can be a good choice.

The pros: Excellent breakfast and ample rooms.
The cons: The wifi is not good (even if you pay for it!) what is really bad if you plan to work in your room. The aircon (heating) was not enough for dealing with the - very - cold weather i happen to find during my visit.

But, in general, a nice hotel for SP.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 April 2013

For the first time I’m writing a review while still at the hotel----at least for the next few minutes. Even though I’m pre-paid for the next night, I’m out of here and moving on to another hotel. The staff here are wonderful and caring but the rooms are very poor. Old and dated, carpet work out, broken lamps and not at all clean. Something bit me in the middle of the night and not sure what it is. Using the light controls takes a while to figure out, the bathrooms are seedy and old and the whole room smells. No irons available so I went to my early meeting looking rumpled.

This is NOT a business travel hotel and I feel bad as the staff are so nice and they seem to care. But bad is bad, old is old. There are a few Tryp hotels in the area that are much better.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business