“Excellent staff”
Review of Clarion Faria Lima

Clarion Faria Lima
Ranked #15 of 326 Hotels in Sao Paulo
Reviewed 4 August 2012

Stayed here for a business trip. Excellent location for a lone traveller, just a short walk to a coffee shop/bar. Staff here were great, asking how your day had been - all basic stuff but made you feel at home for the duration of the stay. My only 'gripe' is that the business centre is a little lacking (no fax/photocopier) but the staff let me use theirs!
Rooms are adequate, great showers and comfy beds. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 9 December 2011

I travelled via Rio, Ille Grande and Paratay, all in Excellent rooms.
We were advised to share a room in Sao Paulo because of the expense during the Grand Prix week.
The room was sold as a superior twin, it was in reality a single with two single beds crammed into it.
The second bed was across the bathroom door about eighteen inches from the wall, that you had to walk around to access the bathroom.
this was by far the worst, most crampped room i have ever stayed in.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank wooy
Reviewed 26 October 2011

Overall: Nice hotel that is clearly trying to stay fresh and new-looking even though you can tell it’s kind of old. It was a very good value and I’d definitely stay here again.

Location: In the Itaim Bibi area. Not far from the park, but you need to take a cab there. It’s walking distance from a bunch of very nice restaurants and also a short walk to one of Sao Paulo’s upscale shopping malls. The area wasn’t as busy and congested as the center city area, and I liked that.

Rooms: We got a superior double room. It was fairly spacious and clean and had a queen bed with comfortable bedding and pillows. I slept very well. The room also had a desk and a separate table with chairs. The bathroom was kind of cramped, but it was clean and the water pressure was excellent and the towels were big. Each room has a mini balcony, which is nice. We were on the first floor. If you’re staying for awhile, I’d ask for a higher floor because the views are actually pretty good. Free wifi worked well.

Breakfast & Amenities: Breakfast was really nice. It was a in a lovely room with big open windows that made eating there more enjoyable. The food itself was good – nothing extraordinary though. The hotel has a gym and a pool, however we stayed only 2 nights and never used either.

Service: Staff was OK. They were helpful, but their English wasn’t so great so it was harder to get the information we needed.

Restaurant Recommendations: The Park & Due Cuochi Cucina (both right down the block)

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NYCTraveller999
Reviewed 12 October 2011

My stay in this hotel was quite good.
The rooms were nice and 100% clean.

Maybe the personel was not so efficient as needed for such qualitiy hotel.
For instance, they do not speak english enough as is requested on this kind of hotel.
Also, the reception staff is quite slow and not efficient at all! I have forgotten some important belongings in my rooms, when I realized it it was late on the evening at the airport. I called the receptionist but house keeping manager was not in the hotel. When I called back after a long return flight to Spain they told me that they were trying to contact house keeping manager but during wait to call was interrupted and I called again and they explained me that they will take my phone number and call me back as soon as they have any news.
This was last friday and I am still waiting for the call! I have called them yesterday but they do not want to put me through with the manager: I also told them that I will pay for the inconvenience and will give my UPS client number to pay the expedition!
Nevertheless I am still waiting and check if they can give me a solution!!!!!
I hope that this way will be helpfull!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank acaz81
Reviewed 2 August 2011

The rooms were very nice, if a little small, but very clean and modern. The area is very nice, lots of cafes and restaurants near by. They give a free drink from their (small) bar which is a very nice thought. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 April 2011

i've been in a lot of hotels in sao paulo, even hilton, unique, renaissence... and Clarion is better! In Clarion i feel like home, the crew knews me, call me by my name... in the others i felt more like a number... Tks!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank iltda
ggeralclfl, General Manager at Clarion Faria Lima, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2011

Dear Member,
Thank you very much for sharing your impressions regarding the clarion faria lima hotel.
Me and my team were very proud to hear your compliments.

It´s truly a pleasure to have you as our guest and we hope to have to oportunity to host you again in a near future.

Kind Regards,

Ananda Nobre

Reviewed 11 April 2011

Our room was not so big, but it was clean and the bed was comfortable. Unfortunately, it was a very noisy weekend with people talking in the corridor late in the night and we could hear the sound of the tap and the shower from the other room.

The hotel staff was very helpful. Breakfast buffet was good.

The hotel is close to many trendy restaurants and cafes.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank kafkanapraia
ggeralclfl, General Manager at Clarion Faria Lima, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your opinions regarding our hotel.
We believe listening to our guests is the best way to constantly improve our services and structure.

During the period of your stay there was an U2 concert in Sao Paulo, we had many guests in house that went to the concert and came back late that night. I am very sorry this disturbed you.

Thank you for your compliments, I will divide them with my team.

Hope to have the chance to host you again at the Clarion Faria Lima.

Kind Regards,