“Perfect hotel in Sao Paulo”

InterContinental Sao Paulo
Ranked #4 of 328 Hotels in Sao Paulo
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 11 November 2013

This excellent hotel, just off Avenida Paulistia and near the Parque Tenente Siqueira Campos is an oasis in the busy city of Sao Paulo. The hotel is beautifully laid out, with a very nice entree/lounge with a nice bar area. The restaurants are of excellent quality and the rooms are very nice. The hotel is centrally located and it radiates a very classy atmosphere.
We had a great stay for our conference over the weekend for three days. The wifi works well both in the rooms, the conference area and the lounge bar.
The staff is incredibly friendly. The pick-up service from the airport worked excellent (no wait!) and even the vehicle had free wifi.
All in all, a hotel that I can recommend for everyone on a business meeting/conference or for a romantic get-away in Sao Paulo.

Room Tip: All rooms seem pretty good. Views are nicer on the top floors
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
InterContinentalSP, General Manager at InterContinental Sao Paulo, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Dear Guest jooph,

Thank you for having chosen us as your conference hotel recently. We are very pleased to receive your comments regarding your stay with us.

It is only through your comments that we can strengthen our commitment to providing authentic hospitality services and offering a memorable InterContinental Experience for our guests. You perfectly pointed out that a park is an oasis in a busy city as São Paulo and that is one thing that we consider when advising our guests of what to do when visiting us.

We are happy to learn that you enjoyed the hotel lay out, specially the Godet Bar area, with amazing tropical drinks such as the refreshing Brazilian Caipirinha, signature cocktails and delicious snacks. Moreover, we feel very well to understand that you appreciated the hotel entire atmosphere. Thank you!

It is very rewarding for us to provide a top notch free Wi-Fi service as we have worked hard to offer an enhanced internet network to our guests. It is also good to know that you enjoyed the free Wi-Fi while commuting as this is very effective to our business travelers lives. Your comment regarding the pick-up service was forwarded to our drivers so that they can be recognized for their excellent service.

São Paulo is very well known as a business city but there is a lot to do if you are travelling on pleasure purposes such as an authentic gastronomic experience at remarkable restaurants, great parks in the middle of the city like the Ibirapuera Park that is worth visiting, shopping in the most charming places, cultural events happen every time and why not at the end of the day experience a helicopter overview of this lovely and bustling city?

Lastly, we feel a great joy to be recommended by you. We love to hear from our guests’ experiences as it certainly takes our service quality to the next level.
It will be our pleasure to welcome you again for more future adorable stays.

Our best regards,

Francisco Garcia

Write a ReviewReviews (1,643)

Reviewed 10 November 2013

I would have given the InterContinental Sao Paulo 5-stars except for an unfortunate snafu at check-out time. I checked in the previous night--after midnight--and told the registration agent that i would only be staying one night instead of two. He informed me that i would have to pay half the room rate for the second night and I said ok. This information must not have been recorded in the computer system or communicated to any other staff person, however, because when i was checking out, the woman who was now on duty claimed there was no record of what i had agreed to with the night staff. She was quite unpleasant about it. If my Brazilian colleague had not interjected on my behalf, i would probably still be arguing with the female front desk person to this day. Whatever my colleague said, it worked, because the front desk person let it go and charged me the half-rate. Other than that unpleasant interaction, my experience was fine. Concierge staff was helpful, room service was prompt and friendly, and lounge area service was efficient.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
InterContinentalSP, General Manager at InterContinental Sao Paulo, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Dear guest Doreesey_pooh,

Thank you for sharing your experiences at our hotel.

At first, I feel very sorry for the inconvenience you mentioned on your review and I deeply apologize for that. It is important to strength that we have already informed to our entire team about the early departure procedure in order to align information among the members and to prevent any similar situation like the one you reported from happening again.
That is one of the reasons why our guests comments are highly appreciated so that we can guarantee a real InterContinental experience during your stay.

I am really happy to learn that your overall experience was enjoyable with the services provided by our knowledgeable concierge team and due to the efficiency of our room service and club lounge area.

Thank you again, Doreesey_pooh, for reviewing us.

I extend my apologies and hope that this atypical experience does not deter you from visiting us in the future.

Best regards,

Francisco Garcia

Reviewed 6 November 2013

This is one of the best hotels you can stay in in Sao Paulo. It's right off Avenue Paulista and walking distance to Oscar Freire shopping, though the walk to the shopping contains a lot of hills. The buffet at the restaurant has some of the best food I tasted and offers a lot of variety including vegetarian options which you don't find a lot in Brazil. The beds were super comfortable and the bathroom huge. They have an iron, robe, slippers, and plenty of toiletries. The only thing I can complain about was the amount of helicopter traffic around. Would definitely recommend this hotel if you're looking for ultra comfort in a hectic city.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
InterContinentalSP, Manager at InterContinental Sao Paulo, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Dear caxap01,

Thank you for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor.

We are very happy to know that you enjoyed our services and facilities and we feel very proud to be rated by you as second to none.

The neighbourhood is very interesting as guests can walk and interact with Brazilian culture at the museums nearby and authentic restaurants experiences.

Tarsila restaurant serves great dishes with amazing recipes from our Executive Chef. The buffet is complete with top notch dishes and vegetarian options.

We are sorry about the helicopter as we are located in a business area. We understand that you enjoyed the comfort that our anti-noise windows had provided you for a peaceful night sleep during your stay.

We are very thankful to reading your comments about your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming soon.

Reviewed 25 October 2013 via mobile

Super hotel. Nice big room with comfortable bed. Very helpful and friendly staff. Great breakfast. My wife liked the smell in the reception area. Very fragrant! Close to two lovely parks and a good few restaurants. The sushi bar around the corner was great. Brazilian women in kimonos!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
InterContinentalSP, Manager at InterContinental Sao Paulo, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

Dear Mr. Steve M,

We are very delighted to learn that you enjoyed staying with us and appreciated the services provided by our staff members. Thank you for sharing your comments.

The hotel is in a privileged city area surrounded by wonderful cosmopolitan attractions. It is a very trendy area where some great restaurants, coffee shops, parks, stores and cultural spots are all located. Our guests feel very comfortable staying at InterContinental São Paulo because most places are just few steps away from the hotel. The sushi bar you mentioned is highly recommended by our concierge team for the high quality of food it provides in a pleasant atmosphere and we feel happy to know that you and your wife enjoyed the whole experience.

It will be our pleasure to welcome you again in a future opportunity.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

I stayed at the Intercontinental on 2 separate occasions (both for business), and each time it was an absolute pleasure. The staff was great - every person that I talked to at the front desk was capable and helpful. During my second stay, I was lucky enough to have a room on the Club Floor (20) which was a fantastic experience. Alex was very helpful and extremely attentive, and I have no complaints whatsoever about the service I had. My room was very spacious, and my bathroom was luxe (jaccuzzi bathtub and sauna). Breakfast in the Lounge was delicious (such fresh fruit!) and happy hour had extensive snacks and drinks. The surrounding area is nice- with restaurants, shops, and grocery stores - and I didn't feel endangered walking around the block alone at night. Nothing bad to say about either of my stays here!

Room Tip: See if you can get a room on the 20th Executive Club floor -- great perks!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
InterContinentalSP, Manager at InterContinental Sao Paulo, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

Dear Mrs. Charlotte C,

Firstly, we would like to extend a heartfelt thank you for your loyalty in staying with us for the second time. Also, it is a great joy to learn that your stay has been an absolute pleasure for you and it is very important to highlight that we feel very happy to have great guests like you and the pleasure is totally ours.

The executive club lounge is really something out of this world that enables a great experience for our guests.

The hotel surrounding area is great for its proximity to the main avenues in the city, amazing restaurants, sightseeing and cultural spots. We are happy that you did not feel endangered walking around as we are located in a safe area. However, as any big city in the world, we advise our guests to take care and suggest possible safe areas in the city.

We want to let you know that your comments about our team members, especially Alex and Agata, were forwarded to our entire team for due recognition.

Once again, Mrs. Charlotte C, thank you for choosing us and we look forward to seeing again.

Reviewed 18 October 2013

The staff and the overall service was superb. All that I needed (from toiletries to getting info about the local environment) was taken care of. I really enjoyed my stay and would certainly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
InterContinentalSP, Manager at InterContinental Sao Paulo, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Dear spunkyon,

It is a great joy to know that you enjoyed staying with us during your recent visit to our city and that our hotel is recommended by you.

Thank you for reviewing us and our team hope to welcome you soon.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

My husband and I just returned from a Business trip to Sao Paulo. We were only there for three days, but staying to the InteContinental put us in a great location in the Jardims area as well as a block away from Paulista Avenue. I enjoyed the shopping and restaurants nearby. Great place for walking , and I felt very safe as a women exploring and shopping on my own. The hotel was comfortable, clean and we appreciated the size of the room. The bed was comfortable and my husband found the desk and furnishings great for the work he had to do in preparation for his business meeting. The staff was friendly and very helpful.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
InterContinentalSP, Manager at InterContinental Sao Paulo, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2013

Dear Mrs. luckycmama,

We would like to extend a heartfelt thank you for your review.

The hotel location is really excellent in the city with great restaurants and cultural spots just few blocks away from the hotel.

We are glad to learn that your husband could work comfortably in our rooms and that you enjoyed our facilities with a comfortable bed in our spacious room.

Your comments about our staff members were forwarded to our entires team for further recognition.

Thank you again, Mrs. luckycmamam, for your review and we hope to welcome in a future opportunity at our hotel.

Regards,