“Great stay!”

InterContinental Sao Paulo
Ranked #4 of 326 Hotels in Sao Paulo
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 9 April 2014

A great hotel in the heart of Sao Paulo. The hotel is very conveniently located near the famous Paulista Avenue and about two blocks away from the metro station. I was upgraded to a Deluxe King Plus room due my status with IHG/IC. L'Occitane amenities are definitely a plus! Front staff are very friendly with good command of English.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
InterContinentalSP, General Manager at InterContinental Sao Paulo, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Dear Mr. xavierkuai,

Thank you for having shared your comments on TripAdvisor.

I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed the time you spent with us and that you appreaciated the services provided by our staff members.

It is our own pleasure to assist our guests in five different languages so that we can perfectly enable a great stay and understand their real needs and feelings.

Thank you again, Mr. xavierkuai, for your comments and I want to have the priviledge to have you again in a near future.

Have a marvelous week ahead!

Reviewed 9 April 2014

The experience with the intercontinental began when I had preordered the hotel car to pick me up at the airport. The driver was well dressed, on time with my name on an iPad waiting for my arrival. He was very pleasant and began to show me the city on our drive to the hotel. At check in, the manager came to greet me because of my loyalty level with IHG. They gave me a double upgrade to a corner suite and included my breakfast during my stay. The room was well appointed and comfortable and the hotel was well located. The gym was probably one of the best for any hotel gym which was open 24 hours. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Mr. Miami2London,

Thank you for sharing your great comments about your stay and thank you for your loyalty.

I am particularly happy to learn that you enjoyed our services from the very beggining until you left. We are very thankful to go beyond our guests' needs and provide an excellent service to make you stay even more memorable.

It is our joy to welcome you and provide a very comfortable room during your stay. It will be our pleasure to seeing you around soon at InterContinental São Paulo.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

Let me start by saying that staff in this hotel was very nice and helpful with all my questions.

This is good hotel to spend one night but it is not that great for extended stay. I stayed at Intercontinental hotel in Sao Paulo for 20 nights in February 2014. In begining I was satisfied but due to construction and complitely rediculous pool area (which can't be accessed without employee escort), my opinion started changing. The turn point was when I received 1000 points for staying 20 night!!!! Really 1000 points!!!! I called the company and they told me that their policy is a fixed 1000 points no matter how long you stay.

To give you a comparison, I stayed in Renaissance hotel in March 2014 for 19 nights and I received 120,000 points plus they had better pool area.

Again for one night stay, it's a good hotel but if you plan to stay longer, I would suggest Tivoli or Renaissance in Sao Paulo.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Yevgeniy K
InterContinentalSP, General Manager at InterContinental Sao Paulo, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Dear Mr. Yevgeniy K,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us.

Though I am delighted that you enjoyed the services provided by our staff members, I am disappointed to learn that your visit was not a complete success, and apologize for the challenges you experienced.

As some areas of the hotel had been under renovation for a short period of time our team had to scort our guests to get at the pool. I am very disappointed that this caused some kind of inconvenience as this was a safety procedure taken. We have been working diligently to provide a pleasant atmosphere for our guests.

As we take our guests reviews seriously, we would like to understand what happened exactly during your stay with reference to the points you received. It will be our pleasure to hear from you through our direct concierge e-mail address: guestrelations@ihgbrasil.com.

On behalf of us all, we hope that this would not prevent us from the pleasure to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

Wonderful experience. High standard service level!!!! Rooms are very comfortable and clean.
Lovely concierge service! Hotel is very close to the most delicious restaurants in the city.
Would Definetely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: March 2014
InterContinentalSP, General Manager at InterContinental Sao Paulo, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2014

Dear Mr. Daniel P,

We are all very thankful to receiving such a great review.

It is very good to read that you enjoyed staying with us and that you felt comfortable at our rooms.

Our concierge team turns your stay into an unforgettable experience and it is very rewarding to learn that they have been very helpful. Your comments were forwarded to our entire team for further recognition.

On behalf of my team, we are very proud to be recommended by you. So thank you!

It will be a pleasure to welcome you soon.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

I had the good fortune of being put up by my company in the Intercontinental Sao Paulo for almost a month while I worked a project in the city. The hotel is in a really safe, fun part of town, and despite the afternoon traffic on Alameda Santos, is easily accessible. The rooms were immaculately clean and their multilingual staff really went out of their way to make sure that I had the best experience possible. Whether I needed a car to get downtown, wanted to just lounge by the pool, was looking for a restaurant recommendation, or just needed to grab a drink in their Executive Lounge/Club (mind you, I got a free upgrade), their staff absolutely astounded me with their professionalism. Two individuals in particular, Alex and Fabio in the Executive Club, really went above and beyond the call of duty.

Their gym is surprisingly large and well-equipped, while the pool was fairly average. My only complaint is that the restaurant downstairs is ridiculously overpriced, but that was mostly a non-issue for me since I ate out most nights.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Dear Mr. js4976,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel.

I am very proud to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and especially that you felt very well assisted by our staff members. We always look for kind ways to make our guests feel as comfortable as possible. Your compliments about our members were shared among the entire team for further recognition of their kind service.

On the other hand, I apologize for not meeting up to your expectations in relation to our restaurant. We are always monitoring our prices to provide a very unique environment where our guests can try some delightful dishes with an average price that is in accordance with same-leveled restaurants nearby. Also on your check-in day our guests are offered some discount to enjoy our gastronomic experience

Thank you again for your comments. It will be our pleasure to see you at InterContinental Sao Paulo in the near future.

Have a great week ahead!

Reviewed 25 March 2014

Stayed for 4 days for business pleasure. Centrally locally, clean, excellent service, comfortable, excellent breakfast. Conference facility was equally superb. Recommend using hotel driver as he knew the roads to avoid traffic. Very close to restaurants, museum shops and very safe neighborhood. Good location to hold business meetings. I will be back to same hotel for business meeting next month and is looking forward to it. If you get a chance, visit Rio. We only went for one day but was worth it.
Excellent managers on staff and extremely courteous. I have traveled around the world and would recommend this hotel without reservation.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
InterContinentalSP, General Manager at InterContinental Sao Paulo, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Dear Mrs. Susan L,

Thank you for having taken your time to share this glowing review with us!

It will be our pleasure to welcome you again next month and it is important to highlight that we are the ones who look forward to seeing you again. Thank you for having chosen us!

I am particularly glad to know that you enjoyed every single moment of your stay at InterContinental Sao Paulo and that you appreciated our conference facilities. We have recently renovated our meeting rooms with top-notch equipments so that we could enable a great business experience for our guests.

As São Paulo city is huge and some addresses are long-distanced, your precious tip to use our drivers' services is very wise as they usually know alternative ways to avoid heavy traffic jams. Our location is certainly strategic for business and pleasure as most important companies are nearby and great gastronomic options are walking distances. Rio is certainly a special getaway to visit in Brazil.

I am very proud of our staff members and your feedback keeps them on the go to achieve guest satisfaction.

Thank you again, Mrs. Susan L, for your compliments and insights. See you soon!

Reviewed 24 March 2014

The good:
* Comfortable beds
* Well-equipped gym - if you want to do a workout then you will have no problem with this gym.
* Breakfast - this was good but not great. In fact I have had much better breakfasts at other hotels, however I think on balance this was better than average. There was a wide selection of cold and hot food options, as well as a chef to cook your eggs to order.
* Great staff, in particular a very knowledgeable concierge who directed us to some nice restaurants.

The bad:
* Wifi was flaky in my room. This was a constant source of irritation during my 3 days.
* Room was starting to show its age in places. Perhaps time for an update?
* Some noise on week days from jackhammers.
* Some initial confusion with the question of whether breakfast was included in our rate (it was).

Conclusion:
I would definitely recommend this hotel to a friend.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Mr. garrad,

Thank you for providing valuable feedback on your recent stay.

I am very happy to know that you enjoyed the comfort of our rooms and our staff members services with local tips so that you could visit great restaurants during your stay.

On the other hand, I would like to apologize for the challenges you had with our Wi-Fi connection. We have already worked a lot to prevent this situation from happening and we are currently working on solutions to enable a flawless experience.

We are under a room renovation so on your next stay you will certainly be accommodated in a brand new comfortable room. I am pleased that these mishaps did not dampen your spirit or take away from the other aspects of your stay that exceeded your expectations.

Thank you again and I hope to have the privilege of serving you on many more visits to InterContinental Sao Paulo in the near future.