“Good experience, excellent service”

InterContinental Sao Paulo
Ranked #4 of 324 Hotels in Sao Paulo
GreenLeadersGold level
Boston, Massachusetts
“Good experience, excellent service”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Had a nice one night stay at the InterCont in Sao Paulo. Rooms were of a good size, nice and clean, beds were comfortable so all the key things you want. Although I didn't get to experience, seemed like some lively nightlife in the bar. Key stand out was the service. From check in thru breakfast, the staff was very helpful and made the stay very pleasant.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
InterContinentalSP, General Manager at InterContinental Sao Paulo, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear Mr. DFarls,

Thank you for having shared this glowing review on TripAdvisor.

I am very pleased that you had a great stay and that you enjoyed the service provided by our staff members from your very first moment with us.

Godet bar is a special place located at our lobby where amazing tropical drinks and appetizers can be tasted for a real InterContinental experience. Next time, we invite you to try some delicious caipirinhas and some delightful food.

I am particularly proud to learn that our precious staff members turned your stay into an unforgettable and enjoyable memory.

Thank you again, Mr. DFarls, for your comments. We look forward to welcoming you in the future.

Enjoy the week ahead.

Francisco Garcia

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 9 April 2014

A great hotel in the heart of Sao Paulo. The hotel is very conveniently located near the famous Paulista Avenue and about two blocks away from the metro station. I was upgraded to a Deluxe King Plus room due my status with IHG/IC. L'Occitane amenities are definitely a plus! Front staff are very friendly with good command of English.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Dear Mr. xavierkuai,

Thank you for having shared your comments on TripAdvisor.

I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed the time you spent with us and that you appreaciated the services provided by our staff members.

It is our own pleasure to assist our guests in five different languages so that we can perfectly enable a great stay and understand their real needs and feelings.

Thank you again, Mr. xavierkuai, for your comments and I want to have the priviledge to have you again in a near future.

Have a marvelous week ahead!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 April 2014

The experience with the intercontinental began when I had preordered the hotel car to pick me up at the airport. The driver was well dressed, on time with my name on an iPad waiting for my arrival. He was very pleasant and began to show me the city on our drive to the hotel. At check in, the manager came to greet me because of my loyalty level with IHG. They gave me a double upgrade to a corner suite and included my breakfast during my stay. The room was well appointed and comfortable and the hotel was well located. The gym was probably one of the best for any hotel gym which was open 24 hours. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Mr. Miami2London,

Thank you for sharing your great comments about your stay and thank you for your loyalty.

I am particularly happy to learn that you enjoyed our services from the very beggining until you left. We are very thankful to go beyond our guests' needs and provide an excellent service to make you stay even more memorable.

It is our joy to welcome you and provide a very comfortable room during your stay. It will be our pleasure to seeing you around soon at InterContinental São Paulo.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Let me start by saying that staff in this hotel was very nice and helpful with all my questions.

This is good hotel to spend one night but it is not that great for extended stay. I stayed at Intercontinental hotel in Sao Paulo for 20 nights in February 2014. In begining I was satisfied but due to construction and complitely rediculous pool area (which can't be accessed without employee escort), my opinion started changing. The turn point was when I received 1000 points for staying 20 night!!!! Really 1000 points!!!! I called the company and they told me that their policy is a fixed 1000 points no matter how long you stay.

To give you a comparison, I stayed in Renaissance hotel in March 2014 for 19 nights and I received 120,000 points plus they had better pool area.

Again for one night stay, it's a good hotel but if you plan to stay longer, I would suggest Tivoli or Renaissance in Sao Paulo.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Yevgeniy K
InterContinentalSP, General Manager at InterContinental Sao Paulo, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Dear Mr. Yevgeniy K,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us.

Though I am delighted that you enjoyed the services provided by our staff members, I am disappointed to learn that your visit was not a complete success, and apologize for the challenges you experienced.

As some areas of the hotel had been under renovation for a short period of time our team had to scort our guests to get at the pool. I am very disappointed that this caused some kind of inconvenience as this was a safety procedure taken. We have been working diligently to provide a pleasant atmosphere for our guests.

As we take our guests reviews seriously, we would like to understand what happened exactly during your stay with reference to the points you received. It will be our pleasure to hear from you through our direct concierge e-mail address: guestrelations@ihgbrasil.com.

On behalf of us all, we hope that this would not prevent us from the pleasure to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

Wonderful experience. High standard service level!!!! Rooms are very comfortable and clean.
Lovely concierge service! Hotel is very close to the most delicious restaurants in the city.
Would Definetely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed March 2014
InterContinentalSP, General Manager at InterContinental Sao Paulo, responded to this review, 5 April 2014
Dear Mr. Daniel P,

We are all very thankful to receiving such a great review.

It is very good to read that you enjoyed staying with us and that you felt comfortable at our rooms.

Our concierge team turns your stay into an unforgettable experience and it is very rewarding to learn that they have been very helpful. Your comments were forwarded to our entire team for further recognition.

On behalf of my team, we are very proud to be recommended by you. So thank you!

It will be a pleasure to welcome you soon.

Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I had the good fortune of being put up by my company in the Intercontinental Sao Paulo for almost a month while I worked a project in the city. The hotel is in a really safe, fun part of town, and despite the afternoon traffic on Alameda Santos, is easily accessible. The rooms were immaculately clean and their multilingual staff really went out of their way to make sure that I had the best experience possible. Whether I needed a car to get downtown, wanted to just lounge by the pool, was looking for a restaurant recommendation, or just needed to grab a drink in their Executive Lounge/Club (mind you, I got a free upgrade), their staff absolutely astounded me with their professionalism. Two individuals in particular, Alex and Fabio in the Executive Club, really went above and beyond the call of duty.

Their gym is surprisingly large and well-equipped, while the pool was fairly average. My only complaint is that the restaurant downstairs is ridiculously overpriced, but that was mostly a non-issue for me since I ate out most nights.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear Mr. js4976,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel.

I am very proud to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and especially that you felt very well assisted by our staff members. We always look for kind ways to make our guests feel as comfortable as possible. Your compliments about our members were shared among the entire team for further recognition of their kind service.

On the other hand, I apologize for not meeting up to your expectations in relation to our restaurant. We are always monitoring our prices to provide a very unique environment where our guests can try some delightful dishes with an average price that is in accordance with same-leveled restaurants nearby. Also on your check-in day our guests are offered some discount to enjoy our gastronomic experience

Thank you again for your comments. It will be our pleasure to see you at InterContinental Sao Paulo in the near future.

Have a great week ahead!

San Mateo
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Stayed for 4 days for business pleasure. Centrally locally, clean, excellent service, comfortable, excellent breakfast. Conference facility was equally superb. Recommend using hotel driver as he knew the roads to avoid traffic. Very close to restaurants, museum shops and very safe neighborhood. Good location to hold business meetings. I will be back to same hotel for business meeting next month and is looking forward to it. If you get a chance, visit Rio. We only went for one day but was worth it.
Excellent managers on staff and extremely courteous. I have traveled around the world and would recommend this hotel without reservation.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
InterContinentalSP, General Manager at InterContinental Sao Paulo, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Dear Mrs. Susan L,

Thank you for having taken your time to share this glowing review with us!

It will be our pleasure to welcome you again next month and it is important to highlight that we are the ones who look forward to seeing you again. Thank you for having chosen us!

I am particularly glad to know that you enjoyed every single moment of your stay at InterContinental Sao Paulo and that you appreciated our conference facilities. We have recently renovated our meeting rooms with top-notch equipments so that we could enable a great business experience for our guests.

As São Paulo city is huge and some addresses are long-distanced, your precious tip to use our drivers' services is very wise as they usually know alternative ways to avoid heavy traffic jams. Our location is certainly strategic for business and pleasure as most important companies are nearby and great gastronomic options are walking distances. Rio is certainly a special getaway to visit in Brazil.

I am very proud of our staff members and your feedback keeps them on the go to achieve guest satisfaction.

Thank you again, Mrs. Susan L, for your compliments and insights. See you soon!