“Perfect location”

InterContinental Sao Paulo
Ranked #4 of 326 Hotels in Sao Paulo
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

The hotel is very well located and very clean as well.
Do not expect luxury but this is a great place to stay.
The balcony could be a bit bigger.
The front desk people were ridiculously helpful an very nice.

• Stayed: June 2014
InterContinentalSP, General Manager at InterContinental Sao Paulo, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear Mr. Glennowell,

Thank you for letting us know about your experience at our hotel.

We are very glad that you enjoyed staying at InterContinental São Paulo. Every member of my team strive to make a difference for our guests every day in a very friendly and hospitable atmosphere.

We apologize for not living up to your expectations with reference to our room balcony size as it is very functional. As a room tip for your next stay, we recommend that you request a room on the third floor. There are larger balconies at this floor.

We are all very thankful to receiving your comments. It will be our pleasure to welcome you on your next visit.

Warmest regards,

There are newer reviews for InterContinental Sao Paulo

Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

Continental São Paulo is one of the best hotels where I stay. Very well located in São Paulo city center and with a lot of attractions near by is a hotel worth to visit.
Breakfast is very versatile and the fruits superb. But the best of this hotel is it staff, receiving you with a huge smile and always ready to help you. I would like to leave a special thanks to James, Luiza, Maesta, Barbosa, Juliana and all the kitchen and lobby staff. Thank you very much for receiving me and all staff so well every day and every time we sign in.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
InterContinentalSP, General Manager at InterContinental Sao Paulo, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Dear Mr. João M,

Thank you for your kind review.

We are very happy to learn that you enjoyed staying at our hotel and that we are your best lodging option in São Paulo city.

It is always our pleasure to make our guests feel as comfortable as possible with our team's hospitality.

We hope to be your home away home whenever visiting us in the future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Very disappointed with the hotel.
1. Arrived at 9:00 in the morning, but hotel did not allow me to check-in without purchasing either the executive suite or a breakfast/lounge plan. I was basically forced to pay for the lounge plan, and it was terrible and cost me nearly an additional $100 USD per night. How can a hotel not allow a guest to early check-in when rooms are available especially when the guest is paying nearly $375 USD avg. per night. My total cost per night ended being near $500 USD, which of course I had trouble justifying to my manager.
2. Bought a drink at the hotel bar for $45 USD, which usually costs $8-13 USD depending on the hotel.
3. Room was not worth $375 per night or should I say $500 - it was small and a little run down - the view was bad (at least the room that I got).

Myself and team travel to Sao Paulo several times a year, and based on my experience, we will no longer give our business to Intercontinental. For a small scam of not allowing me to check-in early, you lost several thousands of dollars of business for many years to come. For this price, there are plenty of competing hotels.

2  Thank Frequent_Traveler108
InterContinentalSP, General Manager at InterContinental Sao Paulo, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear Frequent_Traveler108,

Thank you for leaving your thoughts about our hotel.

At first, please accept our sincerest apologies for the discomfort you experienced staying at our hotel.
It is our pleasure to accommodate our guests in our rooms which are mostly appreciated for being spacious and very comfortable whenever there are rooms available.
For early check-ins we highly recommend to book the room for the previous night, as historically, the hotels in São Paulo city have been showing high occupancy during the week, as unfortunately, we cannot guarantee a room before 03h00pm.
Our team might have offered you a Club Lounge suite with all the privileges our guests deserve. Your comments were forwarded to our entire team to avoid any misunderstanding from happening so that we can guarantee a real InterContinental experience.
I extend my apologies again and thank you for your review. I still hope to welcome you in a future opportunity to revert the impressions you have gotten from our hotel.

Best regards,

Reviewed 16 May 2014

And I'll explain why: it's not perfect. Especially when it comes to wi-fi, one can get annoyed at first. I know this hotel as if it was my own, since I've spent 60 days here while rehearsing a play in Brazil's biggest city.

It is extremely comfortable and well located (right next to Avenida Paulista) and around here there are small delicate restaurants. BUT eating here (downstairs) at Tarsila is another culinary experience. The Chef Marcelo - original from the North Eastern region of Brazil, is an inventor, creator of meals that are simply divine.

This is not a pretentious hotel such as the Emilliano, the Fasano or the Unique (all boutique hotels) but this is your friendly guide to Sao Paulo. The staff is extremely sensitive to ones needs and very well trained. I mean, exceptional in terms of what I notice around the world.

This is not only a simple review but also a thank you note for all those who helped make my stay here an absolute pleasure. Mind you, sixty days is no small thing, It can be a lifetime
Room service is extraordinary.

Gerald Thomas

Room Tip: Go for the suite facing Alameda Santos - the main street. Rooms ending in 01 (I was in 1401 and am n...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
InterContinentalSP, General Manager at InterContinental Sao Paulo, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear Mr. Gerald T,

Thank you again for your review about our hotel.

We are very thankful for your loyalty and for choosing us again to spend your days in our city.

Though I am delighted that you had a comfortable stay, I am disappointed to learn that your visit was not a complete success, and I apologize for the challenges you experienced with our Wi-Fi connection. We want to let you know that we have been working diligently to deliver a great online experience for our guests implementing important solutions.

Our greatest passion is to serve our guests so that they can feel as comfortable as possible and they can feel as if they were at their own home. And this is what really makes great hotel guests love turning into amazing moments where you are surrounded by the best the city has to offer: a real gastronomic pleasure.

I am particularly proud to have Chef Marcelo in my team as he is always seeking for special ways to surprise our guests tastes in a very accommodating atmosphere at Tarsila restaurant.

Your kind words were forwarded to our entire staff for further recognition.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again in the future.

Your feedback keeps us all on the go to achieve guest satisfaction.

Have a beautiful day!

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 13 May 2014

The hotel is comfortable and front desk are helpful and welcoming. Rooms are contemporary, spacious and clean. Now for the slight niggles: the general level of lighting in the room is 'dark' so bring headlamp if you want to read at the desk; there are very few powepoints and none free at the desk (not good if you hoped to charge a PC); the room service is aciduous in clearing away drinks, even unfinished; the breakfast is nothing special and hot buffet food is cold since the lights trying to keep it warm are ineffective; breakfast staff need cheering up and focus on serving rather than chatting to themselves. However as hotels go, this is a safe choice in Sao Paulo. Hope the management can sort out niggle suggestions!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
InterContinentalSP, General Manager at InterContinental Sao Paulo, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2014

Dear Mr. TechnoProf,

Thank you for providing valuable feedback on your recent stay at InterContinental São Paulo.

First of all, I would like to take this special opportunity to apologize for the inconveniences you mentioned on your review. They certainly highlight an area of opportunity to improve the service provided by our staff and we can also understand our guests’ feelings and impressions about their stay. So thank you. We are all committed to the situations you covered and we are already seeking for solutions to deliver a flawless experience for our guests.

On the other hand, I am glad to learn that you appreciated the hospitality of our people and that you felt safe staying with us.

Mr. TechnoProf, thank you again for your insightful thoughts and sharing them on TripAdvisor.
On behalf of my team, I hope this would not prevent us from the pleasure to welcome you again in the future as we strive to make a difference for our guests every day.

Have a great week ahead!

Warm regards,

Reviewed 7 May 2014

I stayed at The Intercontinental Sao Paulo for a week for business this April. The room was great and clean but I really would like to highlight the kindness and helpfulness of the staff. Everyone was absolutely amazing but in particular I would like to say a BIG THANK YOU to James & Antonio (breakfast service) and to the FD team ( Andre was fantastic). I work in the same industry and I truly can appreciate when the team goes above and beyond for each guest.

Room Tip: If Demi Lovato stays at the hotel at the same time as you chose a room that is not facing the front...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
InterContinentalSP, General Manager at InterContinental Sao Paulo, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2014

Dear Mrs. JulieN323,

Thank your for your kind words specially about our staff members.

It is great that you enjoyed staying with us and that you liked the comfort of our rooms.

Your comments about our star members were already forwarded to our entire team for further acknowledgment. They make a great difference in serving our guests and provide amazing experiences.

It will be a great pleasure to see you around soon.

Have a great day!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 6 May 2014

I stayed at the InterContinental one night in Feb 2013, as my usual hotels were booked solid. When I mentioned that I was top tier club at 2 different chains, the staff went out of their way to show me what I was missing by not staying with them. The room was gorgeous, and the service wonderful. The hotel is located in a great neighborhood, where you can walk after dark (unlike some other major chain hotels). The restaurant was nice, and had a solid breakfast, but the variety and quality of the restaurants within a 5 minute walk of the hotel is staggering. I would HIGHLY recommend a stay here if you are in town.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

Dear slabovitz,

What a wonderful review about InterContinental Sao Paulo! Thank you for having shared!

I am personally happy that you chose to stay with us and gave us a chance to show why we are great hotels that guests love and admire. I would like to thank my entire team for such a dedication in serving our guests and make them feel as much as comfortable and wlecome inside our hotel. This is what the true hospitality is.

It is great to know that you enjoyed our restaurant and the surrounding area that is quite safe and provides a very local experience with the most charming and delicious places to eat and explore.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcome you again many times in the future.

On behalf of our team, we all wish you a terrific day!

Kindest regards,