“Comfortable and efficient”

InterContinental Sao Paulo
Ranked #4 of 326 Hotels in Sao Paulo
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 26 August 2014

This is a very typical business hotel in a big city. It is clean, modern, comfortable and efficient. The service throughout the hotel is of a high standard. The breakfast is of good quality and plentiful. However, for all its businesslike efficiency, it feels lacking in soul. I felt I could be anywhere in the world - in the hotel, I had no idea I was in vibrant Brazil. I would have liked to see more color in the rooms and common areas, and perhaps a more Brazilian flavor to the whole hotel. The location is excellent, in the heart of downtown and the neighborhood is relatively safe.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
InterContinentalSP, General Manager at InterContinental Sao Paulo, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Dear HPFlat5,

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay.

It is a pleasure to know that you enjoyed our rooms comfort, our staff hospitality and our structure.
Our breakfast is served with many options in an enticing environment and I am glad to know that you appreciated it.
​​The rooms and public areas were recently renovated to offer a modern and sophisticated atmosphere to our guests. Thank you for your suggestions, our guests´ opinion is very important for our service improvements.
I am also glad to know that you were able to enjoy our location with easy access to many cultural and entertainment places.

It will be a delight to welcome you back on your next visit to São Paulo.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 23 August 2014

Very comfortable room and bed. First class amenities. Staff was very helpful and attentive. Wifi worked fine for the four nights with no interruptions. Breakfast buffet was good. Walking distance to major offices on Av Paulista. Only complaint is that it is expensive, but everything in SP is expensive. The area is relatively safe during day/early evening hours and there are numerous nearby restaurants.

Room Tip: High floor is better for quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
InterContinentalSP, General Manager at InterContinental Sao Paulo, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Dear Mr. Ahijado2,

Thank you for your review about your stay with us.
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our comfortable rooms and welcoming beds, as well as our wealth breakfast.

We are in one of the greatest neighborhoods in São Paulo, where you can enjoy plenty of cultural options, shopping malls and restaurants in a short walking distance and it is good to know that you were able to appreciate it.

It is a joy to assist our guests with their needs, I am proud to know that you liked the service provided by our staff.

We all hope to welcome you back again in your next visit to the city.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Nice rooms & very comfortable beds. Nice showers. Extensive breakfast buffet. Service was very accommodating. Good location in a generally safe area with major shopping streets in comfortable walking distance. Only complaint I have was that others in my group were charged for early check-in, late check-out, 2nd guest in room, etc... Stuff that is complimentary at most hotels had a surcharge. As an Ambassador member, I wasn't charged for these things, so you may want to consider purchasing Ambassador status before arriving, but for most business travelers these things are only a minor inconvenience.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
InterContinentalSP, General Manager at InterContinental Sao Paulo, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear Mr. tliker,

Thank you for posting a review about your stay.
I feel very proud to know that you enjoyed our comfortable rooms and appreciated our breakfast with plenty of options of bread and seasonal fruits.
Regarding the situation during your stay, our check-in and check-out time gives us time to prepare our rooms for the guests arriving, usually we are very flexible about charging for it, unless our occupancy is high and does not allow us to. As an ambassador member of IHG Rewards program, guests receive some special benefits such as single room rate for double occupancy, extended check-out time, dedicated check-in area and room upgrade.

I am also glad to know that you enjoyed the surrounding area with excellent places to visit and to go shopping.

We all expect to welcome you back in your next stay in São Paulo.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Stayed in this hotel from August 15-17th for business. Big rooms, well located, good amenities. They boast complimentary wifi. Unfortunately, it never worked the entire time I was there. In fact I am writing this in the business center because even the hard wired options in the room are non-functional. If they got this fixed, I wouldn't hesitate to rate this hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms seem great, some have small balconies.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
InterContinentalSP, General Manager at InterContinental Sao Paulo, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear Mrs. Sarah154960,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us.
I am proud to know that you enjoyed the size of our rooms, they were designed to offer comfort with style in one of the best neighborhoods in town. On the other hand, I am disappointed to learn that you faced internet problems during your stay. We are already verifying what may have caused this discomfort to prevent it to happen.
Thank you again for posting a review about our services, I would like to have the pleasure to welcome you when visiting São Paulo.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 7 August 2014

I had a very brief stay at the hotel, but feel it worthy of reviewing.

The check-in lady was super-efficient and friendly. This was appreciated as I arrived late and was tired. The bell boy helped me with my baggage and even passed on a message to the front desk for me.

The room was spacious and comfortable, great sleep quality. The carpets however looked like they needed a steam clean.

I did not have time for breakfast and checked out early, again super-efficient service. I returned to the hotel with a friend after lunch as a car to the airport had been arranged for me. We had time to enjoy the bar area, a bottle of champagne and some complimentary snacks. We were served by such a pleasant waiter.

Given my positive experience and the great location of the hotel, I can highly recommend it!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
InterContinentalSP, General Manager at InterContinental Sao Paulo, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear Mrs. RosB_11,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

We are very proud to know that your check-in and check-out was efficient and that you appreciated our hospitality.
Our rooms were recently renewed and they provide good space and comfort to our guest. Our staff is detail oriented and we are sorry for the carpet aspect, we will check it carefully.

I am also glad to know that you had time to enjoy our pleasant lounge bar and were very well assisted by one of our waiters.

Thank you again for your nice review, we are all looking forward to welcome you back in your next visit to São Paulo.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Excellent room. Excellent service. Even the room service was good!

My room was spacious and luxurious. The hair dryer was as good as my Solano at home. The gym is great and has spin bikes.

This hotel is prefect for the business traveler who wants to feel comfortable, pampered, and fresh for long days of work.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
InterContinentalSP, General Manager at InterContinental Sao Paulo, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear MrsJeff,

It is a great joy to learn that you loved staying at our hotel. Thank you for sharing this glowing review!

Our rooms are very comfortable and large providing a very enjoyable stay for our guests in the best city neighbourhood.

We feel very proud to read that you felt the warm hospitality of our team by their amazing service.

It will be our pleasure to seeing you again at InterContinental São Paulo for valuable experiences as the one you had.

Have a great day!

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 28 July 2014

I stated here for business for two weeks. The rooms are large and well maintained. The location is very good if you are doing anything in the Paulista area. If you have concerns about security, then this is the place for you. There is a regular security presence.

The restaurant is quite good, and the lounge is welcoming and comfortable. I will definitely stay here again. One other small thing, the windows open. ( I like fresh air )

Room Tip: Take a room that faces away from the main street.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
InterContinentalSP, General Manager at InterContinental Sao Paulo, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

"Dear Mr. AmeriSwiss,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.
It is a pleasure to know that you appreciated the size and comfort of our rooms, as well as our structure and location.
The room´s windows open also to attend guests like you that appreciate fresh air, I am glad you enjoyed it!

I hope to welcome you back soon.

General Manager"