“A Home away from home”

Marriott Executive Apartments Sao Paulo
Ranked #26 of 326 Hotels in Sao Paulo
Reviewed 6 June 2014

It was really nice returning to the Marriott Executive Apartments and having another wonderful experience. Always a very warm welcome and smiles from the team there. Very impressed that the front office and restaurant team remembers me by name when I returned and greeted me warmly (my last stay was over a year ago). The rooms are newly renovated and very functional. makes me feel like home away from home.

The location of the hotel is very strategic to major locations. My favorite is walking to Ibirapuera park which is just down the road - very safe and an amazing park.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the city is really nice :)
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Eduardo Y, General Manager at Marriott Executive Apartments Sao Paulo, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear guest from great Kuala Lumpur, I am very happy that you enjoyed our renovated rooms and we were able to recognize you by name and give you a warm welcome even after so long. Our goal is to really make you feel like home and your words are very important to keep the team motivated and focused on creating this atmosphere to our guests. I hope we meet in person next time you return to the hotel. Thank you very much. Eduardo Yoshimoto I General Manager

Reviewed 14 May 2014

I stayed here 9 years ago for a total of 5 weeks when the building was only a couple of years old and with the recent renovations I'm happy to report it is aging well. I agree with the positive comments about staff, condition and location. The morning breakfast is a good as I remembered with lots of local breads, cheeses and fruits as well as omelets made to order and even cereal and it goes until 10:30am.

It has been fun to return and renew my acquaintance with the Vila Nova Conceicao neighborhood. One of my favorite reasons for staying here is the walkability and safety I feel in this area. Here are some suggestions I have for staying here:

Hint #1 - While not directly on a busy street, a block away is a major road where it is easy to catch a taxi. Don't catch a cab on the Hotel side of the street if you want to go the other way. Cross the street and you will save BR$10=$5.

Hint #2 - Walk to the Pao de Acucar Market to stock your apt. Just head North on Santo Amaro about 6 blocks. Since you will have a fridge it's nice to get some Guarana or other drinks, some fruit, cookies, and other snacks. If you want to fix a meal you can get whatever you need. They also have a deli with all kids of prepared foods.

Hint #3 - Walk to dinner. I found Chinese, Tex-Mex, burgers and shakes, as well as bars and cafes just across the main road and North. A google search will give you lots of options. Remember they eat late in SP so don't be surprised if you are eating alone until 8pm.

Hint #4 - Check out Parque Ibirapuera. Go for a run, rent a bike (there's a free bike rental from Banco Itau on the same street towards the Park), or just people watch. It is always full of people particularly in the mornings and on the weekends. There are several "lanchonettes" inside the park so make a picnic out of your visit.

I was talking with an expat co-worker living in Brazil and she commented on the great neighborhood this hotel is located. Very safe. Enjoy your stay!

Room Tip: One end of the hotel looks out over a very busy Avenida Santo Amaro. If you don't like city nois...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Eduardo Y, General Manager at Marriott Executive Apartments Sao Paulo, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear guest from Oregon, it is great to welcome back a guest from the opening year of the hotel and hear that the hotel renovation had such a positive impact. I am also glad that you enjoyed our free and fresh breakfast, and thank you for the tips you gave about the local attractions. Vila Nova Conceicao neighborhood is indeed an oasis inside Sao Paulo, with many options for leisure, eating and shopping in a calm and high end atmosphere. Thank you very much. Eduardo Yoshimoto I General Manager

Reviewed 1 May 2014

I was very pleased to not only being welcomed back by the staff including the guest relations director, Mr Potter but also by the general manager mr Yokihama but also to see a hugely upgraded laundry facility which is nice for longer stays but also the new carpeting throughout. Food, drink and service as fine as ever

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Eduardo Y, General Manager at Marriott Executive Apartments Sao Paulo, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear Mr. John, I was also very pleased to meet you in person when you returned to our hotel and for your suggestions that resulted in the upgrade of our laundry facilty. Thank you for the opportunity to explain about the carpet design and I am looking forward to meet and host you again at the Marriott Executive Apartments Sao Paulo. Thank you very much. Eduardo Yoshimoto I General Manager

Reviewed 30 April 2014

I spent about a week here. The entire staff from the manager on down are super friendly and accommodating.

The location is perfect for finance people and there are nice restaurants and shops nearby. Went for a run in Ibirapuera park for first time as it was easy to get to.

I usually stay at Emiliano which is great, but now very expensive and I prefer this location. Of course rooms could be updated, but I really like layout and the free breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear guest from the exciting London, your review from our hotel inspire us even more to continue our friendly, personal and genuine service. I am very happy to know that we were able to meet the high expectations of a very experienced and sophisticated traveller like you and you were able to enjoy the great features around the hotel! Thank you very much. Eduardo Yoshimoto I General Manager

Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

I was surprised to see the conditions of this Marriott, the carpet of the hallway had tears and was really dirty, the apartment had an impeccable look, but had water damage in the ceiling with all it's stains; and let's just say that the room wouldn't pass the withe glove test. Their patio on the first floor had a motion light that went out after a second, that had us shaking and moving to keep it going, that was hilarious! The room is comfortable and their staff is really nice, I met a gentleman from Ireland that is been there since June last year. The location is ok but not safe for a walk at night or close to the happening of the city

• Stayed: April 2014
Eduardo Y, General Manager at Marriott Executive Apartments Sao Paulo, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Dear guest from Michigan, it is great to know that you appreciated the comfort of our rooms and the service provided by our team, but I am sorry for the specific points you mentioned regarding the condition of the ceiling and the carpet. The neighborhood of Vila Nova Conceicao is one of the safest in the city and walking distance to Itaim where there is great night life. If you eventually stay with us again, please contact me so I can show you the great features around the hotel. Thank you very much. Eduardo Yoshimoto I General Manager

Reviewed 26 March 2014

Enjoyed 8 nights here in Sao Paulo. Staff is fantastic. Friendly and helpful. Rooms are comfortable, small kitchen, large bed in bedroom and spacious bathroom with tub and shower.

Nice breakfast buffet with fresh fruit, pastries and eggs cooked to order. There is a bar with drinks and a limited dinner menu, but there are restaurants around the corner. Check out Coco Bambu when you are here.

The electrical outlets are the older Brazilian style, so they accept American plugs. No adapters needed here.

The AC units work great too.

I will stay here again when I return to Sao Paulo.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Eduardo Y, General Manager at Marriott Executive Apartments Sao Paulo, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Dear guest, thank you very much for the very positive comments. We are delighted to know that our product and our staff were able to provide you a great stay and you will come back to stay again with us! Thank you very much. Eduardo Yoshimoto I General Manager

Reviewed 22 March 2014

Very friendly personel at reception! Nice, spacious rooms, but will soon need renovation. Good location in terms of places to eat at and to have walks - in the nice park just nearby. Otherwise you will use cabs to move around anyway.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Andrey B

Dear guest, I am glad you enjoyed your stay and the hotel location with great restaurants nearby and the peaceful and secure environment of Vila Nova Conceicao neighborhood. Thank you very much for your comments regarding the front desk service and the guest rooms. Eduardo Yoshimoto I General Manager