it did take us 3 hours to find the hotel but when we did it was extremely nice with very attentive service, its a good 300 yards from the nearest road, had to walk across a beach to reach the steep incline path to the hotel. it was 7am when we arrived and a manager,David could not have done any more to help us. the breakfasts and suppers were extremely good and the rooms very clean. one downside and i'm not sure we can blame the hotel was the amount of mosquito bites we got even though we had a net over our bed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel Picinguaba overlooks a peaceful bay at the heart of the Natural Park of Serra do Mar, the tropical coastal forest running between Rio and São Paulo, about half an hour's drive south of Paraty.It is the only charming hotel in a 30km radius. It faces the sea and a 3 km-long protected sandy beach. The hotel offers (09) nine comfortable rooms all opening onto the natural surroundings and the sea, including a dream honeymoon Suite with en suite jacuzzi and a breathtaking view of the ocean. The local road stops at the beach and one has to walk the last 250m to the hotel, nestled in the forest.Everything here is attuned to the spirit of the place, with nothing to disturb nature's magic: no TV or telephone in the rooms, no Internet, no air-conditioning. This place is for you to be in a different world, the only sounds are the wind in the palm trees and the sea gently lapping the shore.Pousada Picinguaba was selected in HIP HOTELS as one of the 80 most extraordinary hotels around the world and was featured in National Geographic Stay List 2011. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers and Prestigia so you can book your Pousada Picinguaba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pousada Picinguaba Hotel Ubatuba
- Pousada Picinguaba Ubatuba, Brazil