We spent 5 nights here and were really looking forward to getting away from things and relaxing in peace and tranquility, especially coming from 4 nights in Rio. We chose the right place, Picinguaba is a very calm and unique fishing village where you can forget about your worries and chill out.
As for the hotel, similar to a previous person, we certainly felt it was overpriced for the quality of the rooms (they are small and pokey). The whole hotel would have to become a bit more "efficient" (the sauan was not working when we came" and go the extra mile to justify the prices they are charging. We had the opportunity to meet the owner's sister and brother in law and gave them this feedback. So perhaps we will see either the standard improve or the prices go down. This is why I say frustratingly beautiful, because it could be a true 5 star property.
However, let's focus on some of the massively positive points:-
- the view is completing stunning
- the quality of the food is superb, my wife is French and has high standards
- the staff are friendly and try hard to make sure you have everything you need (especially Raphael)
- the birds and wildlife in the morning are breathtaking, get up early to see the monkeys and birds
- the caipirinhas are amazing
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking