Villa Tenorio
US$140
US$137
US$143
Villa di Capri(Ubatuba)(Great Value!)
US$94
US$103
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
UPG Hotel(Ubatuba)
No availability for your dates from our partners
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I am glad I booked this place after reading TA's reviews. The small hotel (five rooms) is well located in a nice beach in Ubatuba city, a short car ride from several good restaurants and accross the street from Tenorio's beach. Although a little crowded - with a noisy crowd - during vacation weekends, the beach per se is beautiful and inviting. Notwithstanding, the hotel itself is a tranquil and discreet place, and you can always use the swimming pool if the beach is too crowded.
But what really shines here is the quality of service and the kindness of the owners. Paulo and Silvana will make you feel at home at all times, either respecting your privacy and pace or engaging in a nice and funny conversation.
I also liked both the breakfast and afternoon tea included in the rate. Several delicious options which, depending on how hungry you are, could let you skip a lunch or dinner.
I definitely intend to visit this place again!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Silvana and her husband and their two dogs are absolutely lovely hosts. They really make you feel like guests in their home. The hotel is well appointed, and the beach is just across the street. The rooms facing the ocean have lovely views and balconies to enjoy them. The pool is nice and rarely had anyone in it, even on a busy holiday weekend.

Silvana arranged for us a lovely private tour of several beaches. To get to the least crowded beaches, you have to be ready to leave the beaten path, sometimes hiking a bit before getting to the beach. With the guide, we had no trouble finding secluded spots to enjoy.

If you are going by car, it would be best to have a high-clearance vehicle. The road from Taubate to Ubatuba is horribly curvy and can be very crowded. Avoid travelling this road after dark if you can. Once you get to Ubatuba, the road to the hotel is not paved. The entrance to the hotel can be deceiving if you don't know what you are looking for. Finally, the driveway up to the hotel is pretty treacherous, and scraped the bottom of our sedan every time we came in or out.

Room Tip: Definitely opt for one of the ocean view rooms, and leave Sao Paulo early enough to arrive before sunset.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 April 2013

I spent a really good time in Ubatuba at the Villa Tenorio. I just wanted to leave Sao Paulo in order to see the brazilian coast and I got there. I met with really nice and friendly people that are Paulo and Silvana! Relaxing, lying on the beach, reading a book, that's it! The owners made my stay even better by small little attentions, like bringing me a cup of coffee, showing me nice places in the city and just by their presence! I will definitely come back to this place and advise it to all my friends who visit Brazil!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 April 2013

My two travel buddies and I absolutely loved Villa Tenorio. We arrived after a long drive and had the warmest, friendliest welcome from the charming owners, Paulos and Silvana who made us feel right at home. Our room was clean and smelt fresh and it looked out over the beach and the beautiful green forests, a wonderful location in a lovely neighbourhood. Breakfast was delicious and the staff and owners made everything so special and personalised, always going out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed. They joined us for a dip in the sea the following day and we even went bodyboarding which was fun! The location was perfect, right by the beach. We felt like we were staying at a friend’s luxury home. I would recommend this for anyone. It was a fantastic experience all around. Thanks to all of you at Villa Tenorio for a wonderful stay - I wish we'd stayed longer!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank AlexiaCy
Reviewed 26 March 2013

I currently live in China and am constantly immersed in the busy shuffle of city life. Pollution, crowds of people, and excess work were sapping my vitality and making me a grumpy person. I finally decided I needed a retreat to detox, unwind, and spend some time working on my inner balance. I found everything I was looking for and more when I arrived at Villa Tenorio. The views are amazing and you can always hear the sounds of the ocean. If I slept with the curtains open the sunlight would wake me. I started most days with a sunrise walk along one of the MANY beaches within walking distance. I'd return to a breakfast table covered with fresh fruit, different meats and cheeses served with toasted buns, and fresh coffee. Anything I felt like doing the owners were happy to help. I had facials and deep tissue massages. I took boats to various islands and went swimming in clean crisp water. I visited beautiful waterfalls and drank water from cold coconuts. I also met some amazing people from all over, had some amazing dinners and cocktails made with fruits I'd never heard of before. In between activities there was plenty of deep sleep in clean rooms, the bed was really comfortable and the bathroom spacious. The owners of this place really know what they're doing!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Alexandra S
VillaTenorio, Owner at Villa Tenorio, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2013

Thank you so much for such a lovely review!
Please do come back to see us soon!
All the best!