“Superb!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Balchik
Tacoma, WA
“Superb!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

My wife and I recently spent three nights at the Regina Maria Hotel. Very modern and clean hotel in an excellent quiet location away from the center of town, but within easy walking distance. The staff was very friendly and extremely helpful during our stay.

This hotel has all of the amenities that make for a very comfortable and enjoyable stay. Highly recommended!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PhilTacoma_WA

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Polish first
Helsinki, Finland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

Food really tasty and cheap.
Place is situated quite far from the "center" but worth the walk.
Good place for vegetarians (not vegans)

The hotel looked good quality and the staff were very friendly and warm.

I am disappointed that I didn't have a chance to visit the spa.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank lero1234
Sofia, Bulgaria
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

Do not be fooled by numerous positive reviews - this is so far from a four-star hotel. At close to $100 per room, this is far from a "2-star" price in Bulgaria, too! In fact, you're being ripped-off.
Everything about this hotel spells cheap. It's a hoax; It's laughable, even. Where do I start... It's not particularly clean. The "flat screen TV" is some non-brand, the size of a computer screen. But most importantly, there's the mattress! That probably cost 20 lev... It was impossible for my husband and I to sleep there together, since every time he moved slightly, the bed shook. We had to ask for an extra bed where one of us slept. What else,.. there was no hot water sometime in the mornings! And the water pressure extremely low...
But what topped everything, was a surreal incident we had. One night, my husband and I raised our voices. Not very nice of us, surely; but somehow the terrace next door did not look like the terrace of a room to me (it was a weird shape, and I thought it was probably office...) - and therefore I allowed myself to speak louder. So, at one point, while sitting on the terrace and talking, I was shocked by a flashlight directed to my eyes, and I saw the eyes of what seemed a mad person. We got the point. The next day, we sat on the balcony without even speaking. Even so, there was a knock on our door that sounded like a break-in. Too scared to open, I sent my husband. At the door, was our neighbour - a Russian - with a wood log (!). He said he'd beat us if we spoke loud again. Surely, I said, no need to try and scare us, and your Russian ways don't work with us. I sincerely apologized about the first night's disturbance, and asked whether anything was now being heard from our room or balcony. No, he said, but if you ever raise your voices, I'm here to warn you just in case. I am friends with the owner, he added. He quoted our names he was obviously given at reception...
Romantic this hotel isn't, nor is it luxurious. The canopy bed with extra-cheap mattress was particularly funny. And, for romance and a sense of real luxury, do rent a villa next door, in the genuinely unique 'Palace'... not only you'll have space and complete PRIVACY, but you'll also be able to endlessly stroll in the Garden and suck in the atmosphere of the whole architecture-and-park complex, still heavily haunted by the spirit of Maria.
The only good point I can note about Regina Maria hotel, are the sunbeds right above the sea water; although there isn't much privacy there, either (all too close to one another). Not to mention the rust and unusable steps to the sea... I do hope nobody gets hurt there!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank Diana_C_74
Barendrecht, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013

Just went here for a massage, not to spent the night since I rented a villa close to this location.
Such a shame I only discovered this place at the end of the holiday the day before I returned home, otherwise I surely would have visited this Spa more often.
I chose to have a honey massage which was truely tremendous, the prices are really friendly and the hygiene was tiptop.
Together with the diner I had at a restaurant, only a little further on the boulevard, it was a great way to end the vacation.
Last but not least, compliments to the lovely lady behind the counter, who spoke perfectly English!

Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Kevin O
Constanta, Romania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2013

I think this is the best and the most romantic hotel ever. I loved it. I love also the romanian name :D it has an excellent indoor swimming pool , heated , a very nice spa and the studio it`s fantastic. I loved that i could go on the balcony also from the bathroom, the mirror on the sealing and the bathtub in the room. It`s very nice for a romantic weekend. We were during spring time and i felt like in the middle of the summer. I was impressed by the stuff that they started the air conditioner one or two hours before we arrived and they always smiled and chit chat with us. I will come back here every time i want to have a romantic weekend. Very quiet and very clean. The studio it`s very big, with garden and sea view. Thanks

Room Tip: The best room i think it`s the studio. We loved it!
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank RazvanCretu
Sofia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2013 via mobile

It's not expensive, 5 m from Black Sea, it is well maintained and beautifully build...
No complains about the service as well...
There is no beach, but the gardens of Balchik and a historical villa are near by, so the location is the best here.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank sashkow
Bucharest
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2013

The hotel is situated 50 meters away from the Queen's Mary tower and the entrance to the Botanical Garden.
The rooms are big and all have sea view. The sea is about 20-30 m away from your balcony.
Staff was helpful and friendly.
The breakfast was ok but for other meals make sure you make your wish understood by the waiters :).
There is a pool inside and one outside but since it was winter we couldn't check the outside one. There is also a small sauna and a steam bath (access was included in the price of the room).

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple