“Location Location Location”
Review of Hotel Breza

Hotel Breza
Ranked #8 of 10 Borovets B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 March 2013 via mobile

Location excellent. The rooms are 1 star but for what you pay thats what you expect? The staff are really friendly which makes up for some of the negatives...mostly the food. I was half board but eat out every night as after a days skiing, eating poor food isn't an option. Breakfast looked a bit uurrgh too but there was toast and jam. Overall not nearly as bad as expected but I wish I paid more money and was staying somwhere much more up market.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank SteveRobson

Reviewed 26 February 2013

Well its not going to win any awards but if your like me looking for cheap digs great location and average food then you cant do better than breza. I will be returning next year. Erm sauna good 7lev to use. Wi fi available. Right next to gondola. No elevator. 2 floors.

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank funkykitchen
Reviewed 25 February 2013

If your vacation priorities are skiing then this is fantastic value for money. Rooms unpretentious, warm, clean, simple and adequate. Loads of hot water, and all lights and sockets worked - a first for Bulgarian/ Alpine hotels for us. Satellite TV and fridge in the room, bar available, good heated boot room and safe deposit boxes in reception. Staff very helpful and polite - good level of English spoken. Breakfast good, evening meal adequate - but obviously made on a tight budget. Position of hotel ideal for bubble lift, courtesy bus, lower slopes and village. We can only endorse "Brassmonkey69" comments made the previous month. We too will stay there again.

Room Tip: In any hotel always try and get a room upstream of foot traffic to and from a bar.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 February 2013

Travelled here from 12th Feb to 16th. Although the location was good and near the slopes. On arrival and when we saw our room, we were horrified, the room was something out of the 70's very old fashioned and very small. The sheets on the bed were to say the least grubby they did not match and to be honest not even sure whether they were clean or not. Creased up and beds uncomfortable. It goes on, the food was appalling in fact I could not eat the evening dinner as it was so poor. My friend and I ate breakfast which was ok but in the evening I ate nothing. We couldn't afford to eat out at night and as it was half board we expected at least a decent choice. It goes on, they have a bar upstairs offering 'Happy hour' cocktails when we went on for a drink the barman was sat on a stool with his lap top. I asked for a particular cocktail but he said 'no lemons' but we had just had lemon in the restaurant downstairs. Every cocktail I asked for he did not have the fruit or indeed some of the ingredients, I went to reception as told them of this and they just said 'nothing to do with us'
Summing up I would never, never visit this hotel again. It needs serious attention to updating and certainly sorting the food out. Finally as for the barman who advertised happy hour, I felt thoroughly miserable during my stay and couldn't wait to get out of there.

Room Tip: Please think very carefully before you book this hotel
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank vicki d
Reviewed 11 February 2013

We stayed 3rd feb for two weeks, not a cheap price paid for this week skiing and feel the hotel over priced for the conditions on offer.
We arrived at 8pm and was told food was ready in the restaurant we were served salad to start, followed by chicken soup, pork stew and pancake to follow. First impressions were good and food tasted nice. Then each night it was the same salad, consisting of sometimes lettuce or carrot with shredded cabbage. Followed by chicken soup, which was on offer each night, there was no choice just set meal so if you did not like it you did not eat or had to go out. We are not fussy eaters but found it difficult to eat as the main course was swimming in grease or the meat was just bone, we did expect a buffet style option and were not informed that it was a set meal otherwise I would not have booked here.
The room was small but functional, two single beds put together, beds were comfy, but pillows gave us neck ache. The were plenty of power points and lighting was good. The rooms were warm but signs of mould on the Celling and the head board was very dusty. The bathroom lacked ventilation and also had mould on the ceiling, the shower and water temperature was the worst we have experienced in bulgaria the water was cold or Luke warm we had to let it run for over twenty minutes for it to become Luke warm. We reported it daily but no change until the last day when things did change, not to be bitter but noticed that a lot of Bulgarian visitors had arrived and that day the breakfast menus had more choices and there was a buffet in the evening, also we had hot water maybe of no significants but seems strange to me.
Storage in the room was adequate for two people and the mini fridge was great for drinks. We took a travel kettle which was a god send as breakfast is at 8-10 so if like us we woke early and wanted a drink before 8, there is no where to get one from.
The rooms also do not have a hair dyer but you can get one at reception.
The staff were helpful and there is a nice little bar area on first floor a little over priced for drinks, you can get free wifi in this area and we often had a quick drink here. The hotel is a smoke free which was great not like it use to be in bulgaria.
There is a boot room at reception to storage skis and boots if needed, please be careful on the stairs as the carpet is a bit loose in places.
The location is great for both the ski lifts and gondola and only a short walk to the shops and bars but is not noisy and we were only disturbed once and that was when they were trying to clear snow at the rear of the hotel but was not for long.
The overall all holiday was not disappointing but felt we paid far to much for what we experienced and had to substitute eating in the hotel to eating out and after paying nearly £400 per person was a bit of a shock.
Would we stay here again only if the price was below £300 per person and they sort out the hot water and meals type. As there are better hotels for less price in resort.
The food in resort however was well worth the experience and very tasty and good value for money. I would even consider bed and breakfast or self catering. We ate at bobbies bar, the Darby bar and the Bulgaria restaurant near the drag lift opposite the Rila hotel slope side.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jacksonMidlands
Reviewed 28 January 2013

Stayed here from 19 - 26 January 2013
As location goes I would say is very good .......3 min walk to the slopes
Staff are very accommodating the language barrier is not really a problem
The chef is very good
The waiters are quick to deliver your food ( probably too quick !!!! I like to finish one dish before another arrives but hey that's just me)
Reception staff are very welcoming and are very knowledgable about the local amenities
The rooms themselves are very clean ( serviced daily ) they are warm and have a fridge in them
The showers were "warm" to start with but after speaking with reception I had no problem for the rest of the week
The rooms are compact but as I say very clean
I had a great nights sleep every night no noise disruption
You could spend another £150 and be closer to the slopes in a more commercial hotel but all in all I found the hotel breza to be a warm and friendly hotel and I would not hesitate to stay here again
Thanks for a great stay :-)

Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank Bassmonkey69
Reviewed 19 January 2013

The hotel is small and cosy situated close to the ski tracks best place for ppl who ski! The rooms was always clean and warm and the food was more than good. There was a lobby bar where every night we had different cocktails,beer etc. and watching all the football games... i cannot complain of anything i really enjoyed my stay!

Room Tip: choose and apartment when going...they are better!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends