“Small but cosy hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 10 Borovets B&B and Inns
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Small but cosy hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

Myself and my girlfriend stayed here in January for a weeks skiing. The hotel is located very close to all the bars and a 5 minute walk from the ski slopes!
We stayed on a half board bases , not loads to pick from but always found something to eat! There is a room where you can store ur skis/ snowboards free of charge so u don't have to carry them back to the ski hire shop!
There wasn't much snow when we went but there were plenty of slopes open for us to enjoy our holiday!

• Stayed January 2014
4 Thank lbishy

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Southampton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

We felt so sorry for everyone in the resort as there was so little snow..... However what a fabulous little hotel, no frills just comfy, warm and such friendly staff, so close to the gondola, skiing and resort centre. Definitely book a massage with Emil. We look forward to our return visit. Thank you

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back to avoid noise from the local 'entertainment' !
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2013

I booked a last minute solo ski holiday so there was not much choice but when I read the reviews I didn't expect much! However the Breza was fine for a budget hotel that does not charge single room suppliments. The location is great for the slopes and ski school, the room was warm and clean and the shower was always hot. Having a fridge in the room was brilliant and as I had taken a travel kettle I was able to have hot drinks after a long day on the slopes.

Breakfast was fine; a mixture of hot and continental options available. Evening meal was less impressive but it was better on the days I got there early. I think they had tried to adapt Bulgarian food for the UK market with mixed results! Personally I would have been happy to sample purely Bulgarian food, but there are always the English moaners who want chips with everything to cater for! Having said this there was always something to eat although the choice was very limited. I am lactose intolerant so if I could eat there then anyone could. If you are in any doubt then book for b&b only and eat out as the local restaurants are really good and cheap as well. You get what you pay for - if you want 5 star then pay 5 star prices.

Hotel staff were lovely- very helpful and spoke good English. The hotel was quiet and beds were comfortable. The room was cleaned every day. I would stay here again but perhaps with breakfast only. It depends what your priorities are; if you are there to ski then this hotel is great, if you are wanting luxury accommodation then the Breza is not for you!

Room Tip: take a travel kettle. My room overlooked the main road and it was fine.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
7 Thank r0sieee
Southampton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2013 via mobile

Location excellent. The rooms are 1 star but for what you pay thats what you expect? The staff are really friendly which makes up for some of the negatives...mostly the food. I was half board but eat out every night as after a days skiing, eating poor food isn't an option. Breakfast looked a bit uurrgh too but there was toast and jam. Overall not nearly as bad as expected but I wish I paid more money and was staying somwhere much more up market.

• Stayed February 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank SteveRobson
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2013

Well its not going to win any awards but if your like me looking for cheap digs great location and average food then you cant do better than breza. I will be returning next year. Erm sauna good 7lev to use. Wi fi available. Right next to gondola. No elevator. 2 floors.

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank funkykitchen
Seaford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2013

If your vacation priorities are skiing then this is fantastic value for money. Rooms unpretentious, warm, clean, simple and adequate. Loads of hot water, and all lights and sockets worked - a first for Bulgarian/ Alpine hotels for us. Satellite TV and fridge in the room, bar available, good heated boot room and safe deposit boxes in reception. Staff very helpful and polite - good level of English spoken. Breakfast good, evening meal adequate - but obviously made on a tight budget. Position of hotel ideal for bubble lift, courtesy bus, lower slopes and village. We can only endorse "Brassmonkey69" comments made the previous month. We too will stay there again.

Room Tip: In any hotel always try and get a room upstream of foot traffic to and from a bar.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2013

Travelled here from 12th Feb to 16th. Although the location was good and near the slopes. On arrival and when we saw our room, we were horrified, the room was something out of the 70's very old fashioned and very small. The sheets on the bed were to say the least grubby they did not match and to be honest not even sure whether they were clean or not. Creased up and beds uncomfortable. It goes on, the food was appalling in fact I could not eat the evening dinner as it was so poor. My friend and I ate breakfast which was ok but in the evening I ate nothing. We couldn't afford to eat out at night and as it was half board we expected at least a decent choice. It goes on, they have a bar upstairs offering 'Happy hour' cocktails when we went on for a drink the barman was sat on a stool with his lap top. I asked for a particular cocktail but he said 'no lemons' but we had just had lemon in the restaurant downstairs. Every cocktail I asked for he did not have the fruit or indeed some of the ingredients, I went to reception as told them of this and they just said 'nothing to do with us'
Summing up I would never, never visit this hotel again. It needs serious attention to updating and certainly sorting the food out. Finally as for the barman who advertised happy hour, I felt thoroughly miserable during my stay and couldn't wait to get out of there.

Room Tip: Please think very carefully before you book this hotel
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank vicki d

Travellers are raving about these Borovets hotels